[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Telly thread

Telly thread

Off topic

Re: Television rules the nation

Postby prawnzee » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:11 am

Utopia is so amazing in every possible way, we're gonna watch the last episodes of s2 today I think. I like everything about it, and Wilson Wilson totally has a bobbin jizz going on with high cuffed army pants

prawnzee

Postby hooplah » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:34 pm

started watching generation kill (hbo show) last night, will probably finish it tonight. it's a 7 episode miniseries based on the book written by rolling stone writer evan wright after he spends time as a reporter with the 1st recon battalion of the marines in the very very beginning of the us invasion of iraq. i'm a bleeding heart liberal but i love anything military related. really enjoying the show so far; it's not preachy at all and so far hasn't had any sort of "message," it just shows things and people how they are. if anything you just walk away hating a couple of the characters because they're total fuckwads, and recognizing the true value of good leadership in any situation. it's also pretty hilarious in certain moments.

also started watching peep show a couple weeks ago. haven't had time to marathon it lately but i'm somewhere in the third season. it's probably one of the funniest shows i've ever watched. but also infuriating. i think you go in thinking jez is the big fuck up but mark is really the bigger one imo. mark has some ... deep seated psychological problems lol. i'm cracking up just thinking about mark's neurotic internal dialogues.

also i think i'm realizing that tv is my main addiction in my life. finding a good tv show and marathoning it makes me happier than almost anything else.

hooplah

Postby bels » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:53 am

One of my favourite thing about Peep Show is how terrible basically all of the characters are. Jez and Mark are awful, the women they go out with are awful, their families are awful, their friends are awful, their colleagues are awful.

Only non awful recurring character I can think of is Dobby, and she might be awful.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby longjumps » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:14 am

Speaking of shows focused around characters with heavily flawed personalities, I was rewatching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia yesterday. I love the show for playing absurdity so well and being able to comment on current issues through the misguided characters and their goals. It doesn't ever reach highbrow because the characters are all too preoccupied with their horrible selves.

Also, watching it censured on network tv doesn't even compare to how funny it is uncensored, but I guess that sort of idea carries over in a lot of shows / media.

longjumps

Postby jrisk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:59 pm

here's the ira glass ringtone from bojack horseman

(the show is ok)

jrisk

Postby vgtbls » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:00 pm

In 2016. 9 episodes, written by Lynch and Frost, Lynch-directed. Set in the present day in the same universe

GUYS

edit: updated the avatar, start the countdown

vgtbls

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:00 pm

I'm watching this show called Breaking Bad, has anyone heard of it? It's pretty good. This Heisenberg character seems promising.

SweetJavaBrown

Postby jrisk » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:48 pm

latest episode of legend of korra was on fire. this season is going to be so awesome.

jrisk

Postby ramseames » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:32 am

cannot comprehend how how to make it in america got canceled

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:19 pm

watched walking dead s4 on nutflex -- was very very pleasantly surprised how the show was able to carry some momentum through the whole season for once

s5 starts out as fantastically as s4 ended

ramdomthought

Postby Muzzle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:46 pm

First episode of Black Mirror's series 2 got me uncharacteristically in the feels

It plays like a short-film version of Spike Jonze's Her if that piques anyone's interest; the stories are stand-alone and you could watch the episodes in any order because the only overarching themes are "technology" and "anguish"

Muzzle

Postby eufemism » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:50 pm

i've been juggling several shows at once

slowly losing interest in The Americans halfway through season 2. Season 1 was amazing and it honestly had one of the best Pilots I've ever seen

also slowly losing interest in New Girl. It's dragging on and the characters have lost their appeal and quirky-ness. I'm probably gonna drop it.

Agents of SHIELD is INSANE right now. Season 2 has been great episode after great episode. Gotham is campy occasionally, but it's getting real good. Some of the writing on occasion is just embarrassingly stupid.

Recently started Dexter and Lie to Me. Both have been good, but I have to be in the mood to watch.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby wax » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:36 pm

I picked up Outlander based on widespread internet chatter suggesting that it was pretty good. then I watched all 8 episodes in two days.

Caitriona Balfe is fantastic in it, but the show itself seems to be consistently high quality as well. Tobias Menzies also manages to sell playing two completely distinct characters.

I'm concerned with the last two episodes straying dangerously into pulp-romance territory but I'm hoping the acting and writing can pull through. not that pulpy romance is bad, just not really my thing. They tapered off the terrible narration over the first few episodes as well, which was the only thing really holding it back.

costume design is pretty great as well.

Can I post more pictures of Caitriona Balfe?

In any case it has been a good way to fill my HBO off-season TV void. probably not for anyone who's ever said "I'm not watching that, it's for girls" though.

wax

Postby JtotheWhat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:40 pm

I have seen the entire first season of Outlander and I feel like it's amazing in every area ( acting, production value, costumes, concept, etc.), but for some reason I just don't find myself enjoying it that much. Maybe I'm spoiled by all the other shows I watch that constantly provide me with easy entertainment but I'm just not that into any of the characters, and I don't care much about what is going on (that is, when something actually happens).

I'll probably start Season 2 but if it doesn't improve for me, give up.

JtotheWhat

Postby jrisk » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Legend of Korra has been on fire these past few episodes. Shows like this seem to take forever to get to the places you know they're going to get to, but when they do it's just so much fun.

This fight scene was so cool (very small spoiler)

jrisk

Postby noodles » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:11 am

So I just found out about the show Black Mirror and watched both seasons of it. Some of those episodes are so messed up that I can't stop thing about them. The scary thing about that show is that I can see something similar happening in real life except probably not as dystopian.

noodles

Postby WussWayne » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:02 am

Lmao at that Legend of Korra ending, came out of nowhere.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:45 pm

Anyone else watch The Game? Just about to wrap up the last episode.. good plot, but most of all, good characters, and great style inspo.

Needing chelsea boots ASAP (that's been true for a while, but it hits harder now)

IsaiahSchafer

Postby jrisk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:13 pm

jrisk

Postby thephfactor » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 am

I've really loved ATLA and Korra. And I loved the finale, although there is a nagging sense of incompleteness.

thephfactor

Postby jrisk » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:46 pm

jrisk

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:38 am

Adam Curtis' new documentary Bitter Lake is now on . Its 2 hours 16 minutes long and is almost more dreamscape/art installation than true documentary - archive clips are longer and (even) more nonsequiteurish than his previous work but worth spending the time to let it wash over you

the subject matter - basically 'politicians invent good vs evil narratives to justify their actions and ambitions' with a supporting narrative of the history of western involvement in afghanistan since ww2 - is obviously far too large and unwieldy but he gives it a good go

trailer here

stappard_

Postby stappard_ » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:39 pm

FAO nerds with access to iplayer and an hour free

is on and despite the overwhelming tweeness (next week's challenge: waistcoats for children!) its actually interesting to see some clothes get made. often badly

stappard_

Postby nevergreen » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 am

better call saul anyone?? first episode was good and the end oh man... about to watch the second episode but im more excited now for the series than i was before

nevergreen

Postby thephfactor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:24 am

Broadchurch is good. Not as good as first season, but then again nothing could be.

And I finally caught up with Mad Men, just in time to watch the final episodes. What a show. What a show.

thephfactor

Postby sabisabi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 am

why am i about to watch the office for the 6th time...

sabisabi

Postby jrisk » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:39 am

Better Call Saul - such a familiar style to some scenes and locations, couldn't help but feel like Breaking Bad was back. really good feeling. is the 2nd episode out already??

jrisk

Postby g2x222 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:12 pm

g2x222

Postby ramseames » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Anyone watch the first few episodes of fresh off the boat?

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Care