[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Telly thread

Telly thread

Off topic

Re: Telly thread

Postby Cowboy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

I've never felt more pain than watching Michael Scott, and it's so good.

Cowboy

Postby thecanadiancook » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Here goes my weekend

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby Dingdongfootball » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:16 pm

i don't watch a lot of tv dramas (i think the only one i've ever finished on my own was twin peaks) but in the past couple months i watched all seven season of mad men. just watched the last episode a few days ago and holy shit. the final episode wasn't extremely surprising or shocking in and of itself but it's just the whole series was so perversely good that finishing made me feel... like a different person. i think i can honestly say this show changed me.

i wanna watch more shows now but i'm worried i started with the best one and i'll be disappointed.

Dingdongfootball

Postby Cowboy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:36 pm

Nathan For You is gold... Brilliant

Cowboy

Postby JtotheWhat » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:42 am

Been on a bit of a TV bender lately as I've been a bit under the weather. Watched Seasons 3 & 4 of Luther and thoroughly enjoyed them, though I think Season 2 is my favourite. Idris Elba is such a great actor, I think I could enjoy him in almost anything. Also finally got around to watching Horace & Pete from Louis C.K., I really think that everything about the show is genius.. from the show itself to the way Louis CK went about releasing and marketing (or anti-marketing) it and keeping people in the dark about how many episodes there would be, etc.

Lastly, finally got around to watching Season 2 of Man Seeking Woman, and really felt it hit a higher level in every regard than Season 1. They honed in the vision a little bit more and not only did it provide better quality comedy, but a bit more in the way of social commentary. Even though I find Jay Burachel(sp?) slightly annoying, I think this is my new favourite comedy now that Louie is done on FX.

Unfortunately, despite everyone in my life consuming too much TV, nobody I know watches these shows. Would love to hear some others thoughts (esp. on Horace & Pete)

JtotheWhat

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:03 pm

What did you like about Horace and Pete

What are your thoughts on it, before i rant for three pages.

ramdomthought

Postby rublev » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:26 pm

feels like there's nothing good on right now. although that oj simpson show turned out to be decent

rublev
Political Editor

Postby JtotheWhat » Fri May 06, 2016 1:56 am

@ramdomthought sorry for the delayed response. I am a bit of a Louis C.K. fanboy I guess you could say. It feels really genuine to me. but I did think it was a great show even with him put aside. All of the actors gave really compelling performances, and as someone who has spent (maybe too much?) time in similar places some of the moments really struck me as realistic. I guess now that I think of it one of the things I really appreciated is that it showed, and I believe Louis discussed this on a podcast somewhere, what is possible with a show when you have creative and economic freedom..and how many decisions water down really good shows because they are made with the economics in mind..considering future seasons and show longevity, etc. This show..whether you liked it or hated it, atleast showed that it is possible in this day and age to just write and release something in a vacuum without considering outside factors, and how different that looks than what we are used to. And I genuinely don't think that some of things written into the show are just there for shock value,or there just because they could be..which is a feeling I get from some shows I see from HBO and AMC.

JtotheWhat

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat May 14, 2016 12:39 pm

i don't think i'll ever love another television season the way i love true detective s1

kinda bittersweet

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby rublev » Mon May 16, 2016 1:39 pm

anyone watching the hollow crown??

rublev is enjoying very much

rublev
Political Editor

Postby brlmski » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:09 pm

hello friends, i need some television recommendations since i have the attention span of a gnat and can't stand to do 30ish minutes of cardio otherwise. what are some good shows with a run time around 30 minutes that i should check out?

brlmski

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:16 pm

I've finished the entire season of the Young Pope and I have to say as a non-religious person the show is amazing. Everything about it is captivating to me. Would recommend to anyone.

Stingray Sam

Postby odradek » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:46 pm

odradek

Postby bels » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jrisk » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:47 am

wow, the last two episodes of twin peaks have been really INTERESTING. I will say, for me, episode 9 was a very welcoming relief after episode 8 and having to wait an extra week for a new episode.

re: episode 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11p0y9z ... u.be&t=609

lynch, you're such a weirdo

jrisk

Postby jrisk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:56 pm

wet hot american summer is back!

jrisk

Postby Dingdongfootball » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Started watching Westworld with my girlfriend. A few episodes in and I sort of like it. It's like a pretty interesting sci-fi story with all the robots becoming slowly self aware and stuff. Good intrigue. James Marsden is good at these sort of cheesy, hammy roles where it's like part of the story that he's all cheesy and hammy. Anybody remember Enchanted? Loved that movie as a kid. James Marsden was really good at the cartoony prince charming and he's good here as the cliche cowboy badboy with a heart of gold or whatever.

There's something about some of these """prestige""" television shows that just sort of bothers me slightly for some reason and I can't put my finger on what it is. It's like they're trying too hard? That's kind of a dumb criticism I know. Or maybe it's like somehow I get the feeling that they think they're doing something really amazing here when it's really just pretty good. I have this problem with a lot of HBO shows actually. Like they have an unearned confidence. Does anybody else get this kind of feeling at shows ever or have I gone off the deep end?

Dingdongfootball

Postby Northwest » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Watched all of American Gods recently, and thoroughly enjoyed most aspects of the adaptation.

Bryan Fuller is clearly a sartorially savvy dude and makes sure to connect with costume designers of a high caliber. For various evidence of this, just look at how much attention he pays to his own clothing (whimsical, but he has a penchant for suiting especially) and the choice to always respect if not amplify the importance of clothing from the source material. Hannibal had an endless closet for Dr. Lecter, Will Graham's hunting duds, the Verger's take on wealth staples, the contrasting "traditionally feminine" ensembles of Alana and Bedelia who foiled each other throughout the show.

American Gods also has multiple examples , but two were of particular note. One is a direct adaptation of a bank robbery that relies heavily on the cultural notion of uniform and its function in getting people to trust you, despite your less than honorable intentions. The second is an entirely original scene created for the show in which the manifestation of Easter (aka Spring aka Ostara) has an absurd party in which pastels are so grossly overemphasized it manages to be a visual red herring for the season's finale.

Final note: manifestation of technology never dresses in the same outfit twice to emphasize adaptability/lack of identity, but consistently wears Nasir Mazhar. Good to see his clothes on TV.

Northwest

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:06 pm

if you even remotely like david fincher you should watch mindhunter

might write something about it once i finish the season

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby alby » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:16 am

quick take on stranger things season 2.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby sknss » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Bakeoff spoilers

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby norman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:28 pm

i have a huge crush on nancy from stranger things but everytime i watch it with my girlfriend she talks shit on her. i think she knows.

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby WussWayne » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:14 pm

I've been rewatching this show over and over again the whole week. What a wild ride.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Previous

Return to Care