[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Telly thread

Telly thread

Off topic

Re: Television rules the nation

Postby kyung » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:07 pm

the writing is kinda cringey and the accents are a bit much but for what it is i was entertained and constance wu is great

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby ramseames » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Yeah I thought it was pretty ok. Tbf I think once they get past the exposition there's a lot more they can do with it than just stereotypes.

Have you read his autobiography? He's not the most talented writer but it's fun.

ramseames

Postby jrisk » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Sesame Street starring FRANK UNDERWOLF

[youtube]?v=92NXMtVtv8o[/youtube]

jrisk

Postby eufemism » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:23 am

episode 7 of Agent Carter left me speechless. that ending was one of the best things i've seen on tv

that panoramic scene in episode 4 of True Detective came out of nowhere and was done perfectly

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 am

did anyone watch fortitude? i'm so sad it's over, i loved it so much! what a genre bending programme. best thing i've watched in ages!!!!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby ramseames » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:07 pm

this looks so rad

gonna stay up for the premiere tonight

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:39 am

only way this could possibly be better is if it was longer

ramseames

Postby rublev » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:53 pm

anyone watching mad men then? i don't think i was bothered before but now i know that it's really ending i'm feeling kinda sad

what a ride !

rublev
Political Editor

Postby jrisk » Fri May 08, 2015 10:23 pm

peggy is so fucking cool

jrisk

Postby zayg » Mon May 18, 2015 11:46 am

when you realized you just watched a 7 year long fucking coca cola ad

zayg

Postby thephfactor » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:03 pm

haha i'm really finding this inside amy schumer show to be humorous

thephfactor

Postby bird.in.flight » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Recently finished all 6 episodes of Darkplace, I thought it was absolutely brilliant
At a loss for what to watch now: Anyone got any recs for lesser-known British sitcoms, or good American sitcoms (I.E not Friends/HIMYM-esque stuff)?

bird.in.flight

Postby odradek » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

nathan barley, aka, everyone on internet fashion now.

keep it foolish.

odradek

Postby thephfactor » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 pm

It's Always Sunny is the one that comes to mind. Always good for a laugh but can get really grimy and dark at times, which is a great antidote to HIMYM. I guess it's not really lesser-known. Umm... sitcoms... Futurama? I don't often watch sitcoms to be honest, Always Sunny is the only one I've really gotten into. I think Black Books (British) gets some love, only seen a few episodes but Dylan Moran is bae.

thephfactor

Postby vgtbls » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:20 pm

watch Peep Show. It's great. Also Limmy's Show

vgtbls

Postby bird.in.flight » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:24 pm

bird.in.flight

Postby thephfactor » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:38 pm

What about Snuff Box and similar more surreal shows?

thephfactor

Postby === » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:39 am

Anyone watch the Community finalé? I thought it was really well done, hope they cap it all off with a movie.

B)
===

Postby Northwest » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:46 am

Hannibal. This show simply does not get enough attention and its incredible. The production value far outstrips anything else on TV, from costumes to sound design to location choices to cinematography this show does things you will see nowhere else on television. And it's funny (in a very dark way, but still!).

Northwest

Postby frogosaurus » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 am

holy fuk GoT

frogosaurus

Postby chilljin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:19 am

imo the GoT finale had some of the worst writing i've seen in the show - don't want to spoil for people who haven't seen but lines like

'you want a good girl but you need a bad pussy'

I've read the books but I have been pretty pleased with the changes, especially ep 8 and 9, but this episode just felt so lackluster

chilljin

Postby mu_ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:31 am

Yeah lately Game of Thrones feels much more generic in its writing, might be my imagination but the whole Sand Snake / Bronn romance seemed totally unnecessary, with the line kind of sealing it. But on the other hand, as a reader, the past few episodes have had me experiencing new plot points for the first time, which has been pretty cool.

Watching this latest special from Jeff Ross at a Texas prison, it's totally out of left-field. Almost as much documentary as comedy. Funny but also humanizing, making the prison system as much of a joke as the prisoners he's roasting. Pretty good.

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby noodles » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:46 am

Just binged watched Mr Robot over the weekend. Thought it was amazing until the last episode which I was a bit disappointing by. I loved the way the conversation scenes were shot so that people would be facing the opposite way they normally would. Really created this disconnected jizz with all the characters especially elliot. It was also cool that most of the tech jargon actually was fairly realistic since most shows are pretty bad at this.

noodles

Postby sknss » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:37 pm

when you're watching tv but you're the one feeling watched

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Syeknom » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Is that the French Lemmy?

Syeknom

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Wilford Brimley

ramseames

Postby sknss » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:13 pm

No he is a gentleman farmer

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby hooplah » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:30 pm

can we talk about the great british bake off, i just started watching series 6 (this is my first time watching at all)

i've heard people talking about some sort of baked alaska disaster in series 5 so i'm dying to watch that one but i can't find it in high quality

hooplah

Postby eufemism » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:40 pm

started naruto

first 8 episodes are GOAT level so far

started arrow as well. cant believe i slept on this. the first time they introduced slade wilson i was like :heck:

rewatching justice league and justice league unlimited because as a kid i never watched them in order just what ever was on tv

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby hooplah » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:51 am

24 hours later... i'm hopelessly addicted to bake off

i've caught up on series 6 which is still in progress and now i've doubled back to watch series 5. each torrent only has like 1 seeder so i have to wait a couple hours for each episode to download

last night i ate macarons and i really wanted to criticize them in a mary berry voice. "there seems to be a bit too much filling... but the taste is absolutely scrumptious."

this show is amazing

hooplah

PreviousNext

Return to Care