[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Telly thread

Telly thread

Off topic

Re: Television rules the nation

Postby hooplah » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:33 pm

shit is getting REAL, bake off confirmed best show ever made

it's got SABOTEURS

and SQUIRRELS WITH GIANT TESTICLES

game of thrones might as well be CSPAN

hooplah

Postby CPV1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:49 pm

CPV1

Postby maj » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:54 pm

love me some bake off,

tell you who i love more tho

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/entertain ... t-of-hand/

maj

Re: Television

Postby earthonator » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:53 pm

did you find it a bit cheesiy? it was really good and confusing but iifound a few parts to be a bit cheesy. def afgre that the last episode was medioracre. oh yeah and some critics are saying it's like the best TV show of all time lol

earthonator

Postby noodles » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:51 am

Yeah some parts were cheezy like when characters go off about how they think society is messed up and it sounds like an angsty teenager. The show was like a B+ to me and then there was that one twist that I never saw coming but makes so much sense in retrospect.

noodles

Postby thecanadiancook » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Just binge watched season 1 of How to Get Away With Murder. So glad season 2 airs tonight.

[youtube]watch?v=dkb-aBaxkVk[/youtube]

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby eufemism » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:48 am

fuckin 30 rock has me rollin

"tell him his mother is here. and she loves him, but not in a queer way."

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby yourdad » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:33 am

i need brooklyn nine-nine to start RIGHT NOW

yourdad

Postby kindofyoung » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:28 pm

If you haven't started watching "You're the worst" yet you really should get around to it, season 2 has just started.

Best comedy series I've seen.

kindofyoung

Re: Tamal's fan club [tv thread]

Postby brlmski » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:57 pm

the season 2 finale of rick and morty was... emotional

brlmski

Postby nevergreen » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:26 am

anyone watching Gotham? first season on netflix. I had no expectations going into it but I gotta say it's p good so far. Been introduced to some classic villains already and i'm very curious to see how things will play it between them, james gordon becoming commissioner, bruce growing up into batman, etc. He's only 12-13 rn so there's a lot of plot to go through but i've been enjoying it.

nevergreen

Postby raags » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:12 pm

master of none is really cool, i'm really enjoying it. it's the first TV (netflix, I guess, technically) series i've watched in years. the first three episodes felt a little stilted but ep4 (the diversity in media casting) I felt was really well done, clever, and hilarious. as a yung assimilated brown boi in the west, the show is so relatable in it's take on friendships, relationships, race, and just being alive that it's catching me offguard really often! are any of you watching it?

raags
Best Dressed

Postby jrisk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:03 pm

I really enjoyed Master of None. My favorite episodes were the ones that covered his personal relationship (see Nashville and Mornings) but I think the parents episode was the best one. It's a really charming show!

also, rachel has the same jacket as me (uniqlo)

jrisk

Postby bels » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 am

Whenever I see something like that I just feel bitter that I haven't written my own brown boi sitcom. Will have to check it out though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:56 pm

What i've been watching the last few months....

Homeland Season 5 - distinctly average though a few high quality episodes. Overall story arch a bit primary school. Potential was high for Cold War era like snooping / wire taping visits to niche wholefood supermarkets / Russians doing something with mirrors / leather jackets cold breath POV camera of people being chased through Alexanderplatz / "vee 'ave to be vevy quiet" / maybe throw in an American drone for something contemporary. Instead it was all a bit Carrie cry face and reliance on rehashed Islamist ("will they won't they") plot.

Fargo season 2 - quite frankly, honestly, the best show this year. Of the last few years? Glorious, wacky, gratuitous, audacious, moving? “It’s just a flying saucer, hon, we got to go.” felt pretty ordinary. Glimpses of original Coen ideas but entirely new and fresh, and the references haven't stopped there (most recent episode called The Castle). Clash of the mundane with the extraordinary. I cannot put it into words! Also... the music... best. soundtrack. ever.
The Last Panthers season 1 - hmmmmm... turned out to be a bit of a wet blanket. Disappointing. Started well... fast moving tense heist, something about panthers, flicking between grim Marseille and even grimmer Belgrade (just who isn't a sucker for Balkan crime gangs). The UN mission side plot did leave a pang of concern (not misjudged, on reflection), but all in all, promising. I had hoped for a style minimal dialogue cat and mouse type 'contemp. thrill', but the story soon moved on, past the heist, the panthers, the trackers, out the station and away to something different entirely. It was 'okay', but a missed opportunity. Tahar Rahim is excellent. Plays a great 'my life is crumbling around me' urban city cop.

Other recent highlights - Dan Cruickshank: Resurrecting History: Warsaw (good), Blood and Gold: The Making of Spain with Simon Sebag Montefiore (good), The Bridge (recorded it, only one episode in, but good), Michael Portillo's Great Continental Railway Journeys (i'm sorry but i love this programme...).

[youtube]?v=Eb0yFr2jVAU[/youtube]

this comes to C4 in January and i can't wait... finally a programme about one of my top 5 fave periods of historical significance (early 80s Germany, preferably involving the Stasi)

rublev
Political Editor

Postby vgtbls » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Agreed on Fargo. Really incredible, must-watch show IMO. It's so many things all at the same time, but never feels crowded or awkward. They carved out their own style and the atmosphere, acting, and scoring is carrying it to the next level. This season just ended and I NEED MORE

vgtbls

Postby Iliam » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:23 am

I'm half way through this French TV show Li'l Quinquin by the director Bruno Dumont (which has conveniently been posted to YouTube with English subtitles).

It's very good, very light hearted. I really enjoy how specific the setting is and how well the documentary observation of small town french life sits so nicely with to the show's bumbling comical elements. I guess it is kind of like Fargo in that respect (?).

A+

Iliam

Re: Telly thread

Postby rublev » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Last edited by rublev on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rublev
Political Editor

Postby odradek » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:31 pm

telly thread

odradek

Postby nevergreen » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:28 pm

i've been watching Parks n Rec lately and thought I finished the series when I finished season 6 on netflix. i was sad but little did I know there's a 7th season! now i get to watch that and be sad again when it's over

afterwards i'm debating on watching sons of anarchy or fargo

i'm also waiting for gotham to come back on air. the second season has been absolutely stellar so far

nevergreen

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:37 am

Definitely recommend Mr. Robot to anyone looking for a solid show. I'm 3 episodes in watching it on couch tuner. Great show.

JewTurk

Postby bels » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:27 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:46 pm

can-

Postby nevergreen » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:20 am

finished parks n rec last week and started Sons of Anarchy. this show is intense as fuck and i'm really digging it i've watched almost 10 episodes in the past two days.

nevergreen

Postby rublev » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:54 pm

anyone watching war and peace? i'm quite enjoying it.

the music is really very good.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby germinal » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Enjoying it too, but Natasha is not a very good actress and they could have probably done with ten episodes for pacing reasons. Needs more moody shots of Russian countryside.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby rublev » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:29 am

war and peace OVER

deutschland 83 OVER

war and peace was excellent, really could have been another couple of episodes.

D83 turned into my fave thing for a while, maybe. even if it's just for the "stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it down!" line

would like to see more semi-gritty historically (even loosely) inspired programming...?????

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:45 am

Me and ILIAM have been watching Catastrophe and we agree it's "pretty good"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nevergreen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:06 pm

finished sons of anarchy a couple weeks ago. ending was good. series overall was a bit much at times but i enjoyed it. now i'm watching the original x files and master of none depending on how long i want the episodes to be.

nevergreen

Postby alby » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:08 pm

never watched an HBO show before but Vinyl caught my attention partly because of the name and partly because of its critical acclaim. watched the pilot and christ, that show is brutal in everyway. if you are sensitive to nudity or drugs or violence, i don't recommend this show.

otherwise it was pretty dope

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

PreviousNext

Return to Care