[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Punt, Pass, Kick

Punt, Pass, Kick

Off topic

Re: Punt, Pass, Kick

Postby ramseames » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:30 am

RIP Gordie Howe

ramseames

Postby oucho » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:49 am

lineup for the next game:

Sturridge
Rashford - Alli - Lallana
Rooney - Dier
Rose - Smalling - Cahill - Walker
Hart

oucho

Postby hirokinakamura » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:56 pm

nah mate, Wilshere needs to start. Not sure why Alli is still starting, these first two performances have been lacklustre to say the least. Same for Sterling, he needs to be benched. Lallana is killing it. Rashford had a good show too once he got settled. Would also like to see Bertrand get a run, Rose hasn't been nearly as good as Walker has been.

if you're gonna play a 4-2-3-1 then it should be:

Sturridge

Vardy - Rooney - Lallana

Wilsher - Dier

Hart

If Woy's gonna stick with the 4-3-3

Vardy - Sturridge - Lallana

Rooney - Dier - Wilshere

Hart

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby oucho » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Vardy can't play anywhere other than as the main striker so sticking him anywhere else won't work, that's why Rashford should come in as he can play on the wing. You could have Vardy up front and Lallana and Sturridge on the wings though. I agree Alli has been disappointing but he is never heavily involved in games and he's just there to do something special. Wilshere in for Alli might not be bad but why start with him, bring him on against Slovakia and see how he does, he hasn't played enough this season. Rooney needs to stay in the deeper midfield role, he's played well there. Rose hasn't been as good as Walker but Walker has been fantastic so? Rose is super athletic and has played well, I wouldn't swap him out, he is also better defensively than walker. The failure of the Alli/Kane partnership has been disappointing, I want to see Alli/Sturridge/Lallana/Rashford though.

oucho

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:23 pm

i love wilshere but alli seems the better bet at this point, always takes jack four or five competitive games to get back the burst of speed that takes him past defenders, without it he can be a liability. also rooney does the midfield passing job pretty well.

pirxthepilot

Postby yourdad » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Lebron finally brought a championship to Cleveland in an amazing Game 7! Would have been a great story either way with Golden State's record-breaking regular season and Cleveland back in the playoffs with a full lineup. Such a great postseason!

yourdad

Postby hirokinakamura » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:09 am

Don't Mean A Thing Without The Ring

hirokinakamura

Postby rublev » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:42 pm

i wish there was a way to stop myself but i can't... really love watching England lose / struggle :( support all the other home nations but i think it's hardwired

rublev
Political Editor

Postby oucho » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:51 pm

When I saw Henderson, Dier and Wilshere in midfield I thought we might be in trouble, at least Wilshere has injury as an excuse, Henderson is just not good enough, so I don't understand why Hodgson gave him a start. What could we have gained from that? The rest of the changes were fine imo, even though Wilshere was shit he is capable of playing well and it was worth seeing whether he would turn up. Vardy missed a sitter, Sturridge should have stayed on.

oucho

Postby hirokinakamura » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:07 pm

agreed on that, jack really did turn in a pretty shit performance. but so did the team in general, it wasn't like he was the only one who underperformed. really disappointing all around. finishing second in the group is pretty bad tho, given the road to the final that England now have with France, Spain/Italy, and Germany all in the same side of the bracket. fucking vicious that one.

hirokinakamura

Postby odradek » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm about to lose my shit in 4 hours no matter how this game turns out.

odradek

Postby odradek » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 am

i guessed 3-1 but my god is the us midfield long in the tooth.

odradek

Postby starfox64 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:08 pm

if you don't like starting the same guys at five consecutive tournaments then you just don't like USA soccer

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:52 pm

michael bradley is fucking awful.

john "berlin wall" brooks, tho.

what gives me hope is the numerous 17-20 year olds that are really fucking talented that are coming up and going to Europe. we're gonna have some really fucking great players in a few years.

hirokinakamura

Postby rublev » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:34 am

cheapest place to buy an iceland top? asking for a friend

rublev
Political Editor

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:11 pm

pick a team of spurs players, what do you think is going to happen?

pirxthepilot

Postby rublev » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:39 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:42 pm

ITV commentators really are something else

rublev
Political Editor

Postby chilljin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Fair play to Iceland.

Absolute shambles of a performance by England.

Why the fuck are a bunch of mouth-breathing useless tottenham players (minus walker) getting a full 90 every match? Not once has he brought on Barkley (at a time when we are needing creativity), Rashford looks like our best player yet got a grand total of 7 minutes this game. Can't even start with Kane taking set pieces.

Embarrassed to be English this week.

chilljin

Postby oucho » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Rose played fine, Dier has been good too, Alli and Kane have been disappointing 100%. But Alli has been way overhyped this season. Kane, Rooney and Hart were the standout shambolic performances of the game. With a special mention for Gary Cahill and Wilshere (the most nonsensical substitution of all time). Smalling played well, Walker was decent and Rashford looked great when he came on, why didn't he bring on Rashford earlier? There were 0 ideas going forward, and no one wanted to make anything happen.

oucho

Postby oucho » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:44 pm

it's not fair, I'm a nice guy, why can't the football teams I support win?

oucho

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:48 am

wilshere wasn't great, but played one perfect ball straight onto kane's forehead, which was what was needed..
just to be non-partisan, i think alli has been sensational this season, kane too. their performances yesterday bore no relation to ability. it's just bizarre.

pirxthepilot

Postby odradek » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 pm

england played poorly, sure, but give credit to iceland for playing un-cynically, playing to their strengths, having a solid defense that didn't give much space (unlike the space given to sigthorsson on that second goal) and generally playing a respectable type of soccer. english tears in major tournaments are always a high point after the "it's coming home" start every time, but it's tough as a neutral to not be kinda pumped by both the underdog story and the product presented by iceland.

odradek

Postby oucho » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:05 am

pep wearing rick owens shoes

and in full rick (apparently I don't actually know)

oucho

Postby ramseames » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:11 pm

What a fucking snooze that was

ramseames

Postby rublev » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:24 pm

deary me that was terrible. most finals are these days...

really hoped france would win so we'd have a bit of a celebration. whole things feels like an anti climax now. probably their own fault. did nothing for 90+ mins.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby odradek » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:23 am

let's hear it for greece 2004

everyone likes the euros but the faux copa america was better

odradek

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:18 pm

i hope pep is gonna wear rick etc in all his interviews now, would make MOTD almost bearable. ian wright dresses quite well actually, and of course titi looks good in anything (love)

pirxthepilot

Postby ramseames » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:30 pm

IAAF needs to ban diving across the line

It's not part of the sport and allowing it is a slippery slope

I say this as a non American who doesn't care who won the 400m last night

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:27 pm

http://regressing.deadspin.com/this-is- ... 1785234795

I always wondered why they didn't state times to the nearest 1/1000th

ramseames