[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Don your thongs, grab a stubbie, shake that sauce bottle

Don your thongs, grab a stubbie, shake that sauce bottle

Off topic

Don your thongs, grab a stubbie, shake that sauce bottle

Postby wax » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:38 am

We should have an Australia thread

to discuss many things but mostly how hot it is

wax

Re: Don your thongs, grab a stubbie, shake that sauce bottle

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:58 am

Post pics of your pet opossum

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby blanket » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:17 am

I'm going to Australia to study. Hopefully ANU if my art interview goes well.

Any recs for australian labels, brands and stores? I might occasionally visit Sydney and Melbourne.

I would really like to visit Fashion Icons, which is currently showing in the Art Gallery of South Australia, but I hardly ever go to Adelaide :(

blanket

Postby wax » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:15 am

wax

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:23 pm

aesop is from australia
i like aesop
melbun has some of the best coffee in the world
ok

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Ques » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:13 pm

i watched a documentary about the hostile takeover of australia by an invasive species of frogs in high school a long time ago

is that still a thing?

Ques

Postby ramseames » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:07 pm

ramseames

Postby Iliam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:39 am

ANU is a good place to study art history (is that what you're doing?). The department there is generally great and the university itself is in a beautiful setting. You should find out what course is teaching and take that!

As wax said, the best thing about Canberra is the galleries and museums. The National Gallery, The War Memorial, Government House and The High Court are all really worth visiting. After you've done that, you've done everything there is to do in Canberra. :wink:

.. I'm sure there are plenty of things to do in Canberra. I'll ask my friends who live there and get back to you. Even if there was nothing to do in Canberra itself, the social life at the university is very active (apparently) so try and get live in one of the colleges if possible. The 'best' colleges to be in are probably Burgmann, Ursala Hall or the (have no real basis for this; it's only what i've heard). Burgmann is more academic, somewhat-law oriented, friendly and 'good' 'normal'. Most of the people I know like it there. Ursala has the 'weird people' (relative to John's/ Burgmann) who don't really 'fit' anywhere else. It seems much less aggressive in terms of 'college culture' but not necessarily as cohesive a social identity as a result. The Canberra housing co-op seems like the best option imo but it really depends on what you what from your university life, and co-operative living might not be what you're after. John's is to be avoided at all costs.

And hurl yourself into the any societies that interest you! Keep going regularly (for at least a year imo) even if you feel somewhat ambivalent about them. They're the best way to meet people with the same interests as you (obviously). And try and buy a cheap bike off someone/ eBay!

If everything fails, Sydney is a three and a half hour bus ride away so you can always travel (some might say escape) down. Unfortunately I'm leaving the country very soon but I'd be happy to give you some recs for things to do in Sydney. Otherwise you can take the day bus to Melbourne and visit raags. Also the is on at the Queensland Art Gallery until February 15th!

Iliam

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 am

my parents had some friends who were making a shitton of money and they invited us to australia for thanksgiving one year and we were like "you dont live in australia but ok?" and it turned out they had rented an estate and like private chefs and the whole deal.

The reason im telling this story is because they ordered too many prawns by a factor of 10 and so my only memory of australia is like 6-year old mc-lunar getting invited to the Grown Up Table to help eat this enormous amount of seafood

10/10 would recommend having crazy rich friends in australia

mc-lunar

Postby blanket » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:33 am

Hello care-tags
I am busy making new friends down under
We are having lots of fun standing upside down and saying g'day to each other

Hello koala

blanket

Postby ynnrz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Ey I have a mate who may be going to ANU nek year too.

Melb is the best place to shop, and I say that only partially because thats where I'm at. Archives in melb has the cdg, junya, miyaki first wave jp designer stuff, also a cdg play/wallet/perfume popup in the city.

U have the usual euro scandi brands like apc, acne, ol, norse at their respective stores as well as Incu

Got artisanal stuff over at Eastern Market, as well as more rick ann d and such over at Assin nearby.

Couple of decent Aus labels too, biggest one is Perks And Mini based at Somedaystore over in the city, which also sells some new wave jp stuff like vis taps uc wm as well as palace

ynnrz

Postby australia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:48 pm

oh hi, am i welcome here?

australia

Postby australia » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:28 am

Happy AusDay.

australia

Postby ramseames » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:27 am

is VB good?

ramseames

Postby australia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:42 am

australia

Postby aliencomingin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:49 am

we won the asian cup!!!

aliencomingin

Postby wax » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:51 am

What a cracker of a match. I was gibbering like Antony Green with a 22% swing for a hung parliament on preferences.

Much respect to South Korea, they made it a damn entertaining game.

wax

Postby Naka_ » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:04 pm

Shout outs to my former home state for demolishing the worm known as Campbell Newman. I'm so proud of you guys :')

Naka_

Postby WussWayne » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:03 am

OMG nutflex on the 24th!

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby wax » Tue May 26, 2015 8:51 am

Did anyone else get up at 5am to watch Eurovision? Australia officially 5th best country in Europe

I don't usually go into that sorta thing but it was pretty fun.

Also sydneyfriends, i'm moving to sydney! (I got a job, yay), provide suburb recs pls. I'm thinking either Glebe or Potts Point areas cause I like walking to work but idk

wax

Postby bird.in.flight » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:25 am

It's cold as hell at the moment, walking to uni in 8 degree weather in the morning sux

Sydney film festival atm though, heaps of great stuff being shown - anyone catching anything?

bird.in.flight

Postby WussWayne » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:24 am

Goddamn the Eagles didn't stand a chance against Hawthorn. All those early chances just fuckin wasted. All these idiots around me kept going on and on about the prelim scores even though Hawthorn are probably the only team with a consistently good performance plus two consecutive grand final wins under their belt. Today was a good day to be a Docker's fan :heck:

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby aliencomingin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:59 am

yeah stopped watching after the 100m sprint event at half time, was really hoping it would be a closer contest, damn west coast

aliencomingin

Postby australia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Terrible grand final for the neutral fan.

australia

Postby Naka_ » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:15 am

What a bloody drubbing, I don't even watch footy and I was disappointed. At least we thrashed the poms this morning and the Bronco's might take the premiership this year. Just cracked out the inflatable pool as we've hit 30 degrees this weekend, sampled the new XXXX Gold Pale Ale (hilarious) which actually doesn't taste that bad. Anyone got any tips for keeping bees away from the pool? Attracts the bastards like flies and shit and I've already been stung once.

Naka_

Postby australia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:02 pm

australia

Postby Naka_ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:31 am

Naka_

Postby ramseames » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:41 am

how much would it cost to ship a six pack of VB to canada

"asking for a friend"

ramseames

Postby bird.in.flight » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:40 am

for fuck's sake
awesome tapes from africa is playing two dates in syd and they're both support slots for sold-out chet faker shows
anyone have any experience booking gigs?

bird.in.flight

Postby Suquida » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:55 am

Suquida

Next

Return to Care