[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - nostalgia,ULTRA

nostalgia,ULTRA

Off topic

nostalgia,ULTRA

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Thread for things you're nostalgic about- experiences, memories, people, food etc and all.

mahi-mahi

Re: nostalgia,ULTRA

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:19 pm

Waking up in a cold bedroom and your bed is just right to snuggle back into

mahi-mahi

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:19 pm

When your song came on the radio and everything felt all right in the world

mahi-mahi

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:18 pm

Watching someting that would be your favorite for the first time

mahi-mahi

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Seeing your exes in Wal-Mart and hearing call you their old pet name for you.
:/
"Hey, there's limon!!"

mahi-mahi

Postby mahi-mahi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:09 am

Long car trips with 15 people in the van.

mahi-mahi

Postby mahi-mahi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:10 am

Not liking 6/13 of those people.

mahi-mahi

Postby mahi-mahi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 am

The feeling of cool rain washing over your face as you walk your beloved dog.

mahi-mahi

Postby thephfactor » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:34 am

A thing I'm nostalgic about is smells. Every once in a while I'll be in my parents house and smell what it used to smell like when we first bought it in one small town, before we moved it on a truck to it's current location. The smell always gives me a taste of the weird, exciting feeling that I had around that time, and I'll sort of remember the kinds of things that I agonized, thrilled, and yearned for.

Another thing I'm nostalgic about is the car trips we took when I was a kid. The longest by far was Nebraska to California. I remember being really sleepy and waking up, and we've stopped, and it's fucking Utah or something, and it's a motel. And you get out and the air is still and cold and even though you're sleepy you really feel it. There's also a feeling I get in a car trip when it's late at night and your entire family is in the car and you can't really see too far ahead of you, and you are tired, but not really sleepy. And you feel completely at peace, something about the independence, the fact that you're all together and moving together, it's hard to explain. It's a theme that echoes around in my dreams, too. If it's a nightmare, the nightmare ends when I somehow manage to get the family together, get in the car, and get moving. It doesn't matter where we're going, but if we're together, moving, I can finally go to sleep again.

I'm a creature driven and derided by nostalgia. I like the titular Franky Ocean record better than Channel Orange, and that Mad Men scene almost brings me to tears.

thephfactor

Postby mahi-mahi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:31 am

When I was little, I could never sleep the night(s) before CHRISTMAS. There was magic in the air and world. Maybe it was the presents, but I've always loved seeing my family. We're all so busy that we never get time to chill. I like be Christmas and winter in general.

mahi-mahi

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:39 am

the hem of my jeans becoming heavily frayed and torn and dirty from standing on top of it all the time as a result of early 00's fashions. also, grass stains on the knees.

the taste of orange soda

monkeybars

the gym I go to which is owned by the native tribe I belong to is attached to the elementary school that I went to. I feel nostalgic every time I go to the gym

bannock

painting rocks with my aunt

gigantic, claustrophobic family gatherings

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby zayg » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:37 pm

holes forming in the heel portion of the lining of your nikes because you were always too lazy to untie your shoes

zayg

Postby nick » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:35 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby mahi-mahi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:09 am

Christmas (love)

mahi-mahi

Postby chilljin » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:55 am

sunny D

...and when me mam banned me from it because some lads were turning orange :'(

chilljin

Postby mahi-mahi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Disney churros

mahi-mahi

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:20 am

old neighborhood haunts

now closed and renovated in strip mall stuff

ugh

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:23 am

Laying in the back of the car when driving through the mountains and tunnels of Italy each summer with the smell of gasoline, smoke and the sound of the wind blowing in through the small crack when the window was rolled down.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:50 pm

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby mike868y » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:27 pm

blink 182.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby donut_milk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:33 pm

Experiencing the Internet for the first time or back when it was still something not everyone had access to in the mid-late 90s. And how fun it was to search and find odd things.

donut_milk

Postby Capt » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:59 am

The joy of everything that you had as a child. Everything was new, exciting, and an adventure!

Capt

Postby odradek » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:12 am

odradek

Postby mahi-mahi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 pm

Playing Power Rangers on my game boy during a power outage in 03. My house didn't have power for a week or so. Played it with a backlight (smiling)

mahi-mahi

Postby mahi-mahi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 pm

What sensations do you miss the most? Mine is going to Mt. Trash more as a little kid and wearing shitty knock off gap sweatshirts, and kicking the soccer ball around with any kid who was willing

mahi-mahi

Postby finolino » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:55 pm

dragonforce

finolino

Postby eyealt » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Waking up early on weekends, eating cereal and watching cartoons on Cartoon Network when it still had the black and white checkerboard pattern or music video countdowns on MTV/VH1. Damn, felt so good wearing some sweatpants and a sweatshirt on a Saturday morning with no cares.

eyealt

Postby nexus6 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:13 pm

I don't know if this counts, but I had kind of a long talk with Mr. Bratt Sinclaire (the same guy who produced tracks such as "Running in the 90's", "Night of Fire" for "Initial D"), and it just reminded me of the good ol' times, when I used to DL shitload of music, movies/anime from BearShare / Kazaa... Damn, life was so careless back then, and the only things that really mattered were homework and pure entrainement.

nexus6

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 pm

First record I ever bought

bird.in.flight

Return to Care