[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - High Fidelity Top 5's

High Fidelity Top 5's

Off topic

Re: High Fidelity Top 5's

Postby odradek » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:01 am

top five ramones songs

5. pet sematary
4. blitzkrieg bop
3. judy is a punk
2. bonzo goes to bitburg
1. i wanna be sedated

odradek

Postby sknss » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:34 am

Tumblr users i wish were on care-tags

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby hooplah » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 pm

was discussing this with et al this morning

top 5 emojis

5. Image (for when you're making plans with your girlz)

4. Image (for so many things)
'
3. Image (for when something is cool)

2. ImageImage (for when something is REALLY cool)

1. Image (for everything else)

honorable mention:

hooplah

Postby deadkitty » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:44 am

top 5 Arcade Fire albums:

1. Funeral
2. Reflektor
3. The Suburbs
4. Her score (does this count?)
5. Neon Bible

Reflektor and The Suburbs are really a toss-up. Reflektor better on a song by song basis but The Suburbs is very thematic which I love to see in an album. Not sure where Us Kids Know would fit in.

top 5 songs:

1. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
2. It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus)
3. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
4. Wake Up
5. Neighborhood #2 (Laika)

honourable mentions: We Exist, Here Comes The Night Time, Sprawl I & II, Rebellion (Lies)

deadkitty

Postby hooplah » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:01 pm

neon bible may be last on your list, but it's certainly first in...

top arcade fire album covers

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

4. Image

would love a large print of the neon bible cover

hooplah

Postby bels » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Top 5 Cameras I've ever used

5. Agfa 1035
4. Yashica T3
3. Olympus XA4
2. Olympus OM2n
1. Yashica 35Gx

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:00 am

Top 5 Threads I Keep Not Making:

5. Fuk culture thread - Thread about fuk.co.uk to save people from having to visit fuk.co.uk
4. Hyperbolic opinions thread - People post hyperbolic opinions, no one is allowed to take any of the opinions seriously
3. The (designer name) (wo)man thread - The Raeburn man was in air cadets and knows how to take a bike on a train
2. Mountain Goats thread - Small favours in high doses
1. White Outerwear thread - This doesn't exist )

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Top 5 Worst Pockets Of All Time

This Acronym one (Just wear a bum bag and be done with it)

The stupid extra Albam one (Don't even think it's a pocket just the outline of one)

Ticket pockets on formal suit jackets (Look at the angle on that thing I want to puke.)

Pockets on knits (Useful for what? Storing clouds?)

The pockets on my fruit of the loom sweatpants (shit always falls out of them)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby copknocks » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:40 pm

top 5 björk songs:

1) hidden place
2) hyperballad
3) undo
4) all is full of love
5) human behavior

recoveringcatholics.tumblr.com
copknocks

Postby odradek » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 pm

as per a conversation with coworkers at lunch

top 5 things to fuck on a boat:

5. rigging tied in the shape of something you can fuck
4. a torpedo
3. food
2. someone else on the boat
1. those tubes that the bridge talks to engineering with

odradek

Postby Syeknom » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Top 5 Nick Cave lyrics:

5) The Carny left behind a horse so skin and bone that he'd named Sorrow

4 ) and with an ashtray as big as a fucking really big brick I split his head in half

3) You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan

2) "Neighbours!" I cried, "Friends!" I screamed / I banged my fist upon the bar / "I bear no grudge against you!" / And my dick felt long and hard

1) I'm a bad motherfucker, don't you know / and I'll crawl over fifty good pussies just to get one fat boy's asshole

Syeknom

Postby 3hunna » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Top 5 Kanye albums

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. Late Registration
3. 808s and Heartbreaks
4. The College Dropout
5. Yeezus/Graduation

3hunna

Postby hooplah » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:38 pm

whoa you're incredibly brave for even attempting but COME ON!!!!! yeezus, graduation, and college dropout last? i know yeezus is contentious so i don't really care when people put that at the bottom of their lists, but graduation is a fucking solid (FUCKING SOLID!!!!) album and college dropout is fucking AMAZING. i'm curious, when was the last time you listened to it? cause even one of my best friends who is a huge kanye head didn't have a full appreciation of college dropout until he re-listened to it recently. all falls down, jesus walks, through the wire... like damn. that is a fucking amazing album. 808 is good, but college dropout is historic.

hooplah

Postby 3hunna » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks for the reply,
Kanye is possibly my favorite artists, and I enjoy all of his music greatly, so any list I make about him will largely be based on how I feel in that moment. I think MBDTF is a perfect album. Late Registration has the most of my favorite songs . 808s is the album that I have listened to the least so it is the most fresh to me. College dropout is an amazing album, but it has less of my favorite songs than Late Registration, and the skits make it more difficult for me to enjoy the album as a whole. Graduation feels the least personal of his albums and I never really loved Yeezus. I hope this explains my reasoning a bit.

3hunna

Postby Yoder » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 am

808s is chronically underrated overall but fits in well at 3 in ye's disco #stan

Yoder

Postby finolino » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:32 am

top 5 best chief keef moments

1. getting arrested as a 15-year-old for selling heroin
2. pulling a gun out on a cop and then trying to run away while getting shot at at 16
3. posting that ig pic of himself getting head then having his account subsequently banned
4. (allegedly) paying others to kill lil jojo for him
5. this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WthMZ4LeohQ

Last edited by finolino on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
finolino

Postby ramseames » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 am

Top 5 chief keef moments:

1. "It's a fast car that's why I bought it."
2. "It's a fast car that's why I bought it."
3. "It's a fast car that's why I bought it."
4. "It's a fast car that's why I bought it."
5. "It's a fast car that's why I bought it."

ramseames

Postby wax » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:24 am

top five most aesthetically pleasing states in the US of A

1. Nevada. I mean look at that thing it's fucking beautiful

2. Virginia. the cloud state

3. New York State. NY has a weird balance to it and is the state equivalent of those bird toys that stand on their beak because of the centre of gravity thing.

4. Texas. its big but also its interesting. it's also vaguely USA shaped, which is neat.

5. Wyoming. because I like Wyoming more than Colorado. it has a sweet flag and those big sheep things. tie broken.

Bottom five?
Maryland, Delaware, Oklahoma (oh god), Louisiana, and New Jersey

wax

Postby nick » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:22 pm

pho beef toppings Best to Worst

1. Rare steak
2. Tripe
3. Tendon
4. Beef ball
5. Beef brisket

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bels » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:12 am

Top 5 Things I think are a meal but just fucking aren't.

Wholemeal pitta with peanut butter
Yogurt and oats and stuff
bean energy shake with psylium husk
Coffee and a cake
Box of Jaffa Cakes

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:25 pm

another edition of inflammatory lists brought to you by tomsfood: WORST FLAVORS OF THINGS THAT COME IN MULTIPLE FLAVOR VARIETALS

1. STRAWBERRY
2. BUTTER
3. BLUEBERRY
4. POMEGRANATE (don't get me wrong i love pomegranates but things flavored like them suck majorly)
5. PISTACHIO

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby tomsfood » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:29 pm

top 5 musical artists that i used to listen to quite a bit but don't so much anymore and now when i listen to them bring back a rush of feelings and emotions

1. Fun.
2. Fergie
3. The Front Bottoms
4. Imagine Dragons
5. Matt & Kim
6. Skrillex
7. Two Door Cinema Club
8. 2 Chainz

more than 5 cause the nostalgia wave hit me hard today

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby Ques » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:47 pm

top 5 most fun to write chinese characters

1. 很
2. 很
3. 很
4. 很
5. 很

Ques

Postby eufemism » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:24 pm

top 5 marvel movies

1. inhumans

2. dr. strange

3. guardians of the galaxy

4. captain america 2

5. black panther

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby blocksphere » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:03 am

Top 5 Beyoncé music videos
(all kind of NSFW)

1. Ghost/Haunted

2. Diva

3. Yoncé/Partition

4. Party

5. Why Don't You Love Me

bonus: Kitty Kat

blocksphere

Postby madisseur » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:12 am

top 5 ways to make maruchan ramen better when you live in a dorm
5 - lemon or lime juice
4 - wilted spinach
3 - peanut butter and soy sauce
2 - sriracha
1 - soft boiled egg
(combine as desired)

madisseur

Postby 3hunna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Top Five Songs on Reflektor
1. Afterlife
2. Reflektor
3. Oh Eurydice/Hey Orpheus
4.We Exist
5. Here Comes the Night Time

Top Five Arcade Fire Music Videos
1. We Used To Wait (http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/)
I've heard people call it cheesy, but I thought it was thoroughly entertaining throughout. The whole idea is pretty cool.
2. Sprawl II (http://www.sprawl2.com/)
Amazing song and the dancing thing is fun.
3. Reflektor (http://www.justareflektor.com/)
The effects aren't too crazy but are still pretty cool.
4. Black Mirror (http://arcadefire.com/blackmirror/)
The effects are arguably more interesting than Reflektors, but I got bored a couple times throughout the video.
5. Neon Bible (http://beonlineb.com/)
I got pretty bored.

3hunna

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:57 am

top 5 espresso machines

1. custom slayers
2. synesso hydra
3. la marzocco strada
4. la marzocco gb5
5. la marzocco linea

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Top 5 Worst Brands

Private White VC: When I think of the PWVC man he looks exactly like someone who buys a lot of clothes from Cotton Traders.

Saint Laurent Paris: Rock and roll is already sterile so in a way it's good that you can buy sterile rock and roll clothes.

Nazir Mazhar: Heard he got scientists to help develop a logo that would be recognisable through any number of reblogs but then scrapped it and just used some word art blown up to 192pts and printed all over every single garment. It's not sportswear though and it's definitely not just obnoxious marketing.

Zara: I love cheap shit but I want to puke whenever I enter this store.

Nike: Stupid fussy logo, every single release is just an old release with a different sole or in a limited edition tier one quick strike colourway. Everytime you see anyone wearing Nike they're normally with five other people wearing identical Nikes

To balance the negativity, top 5 best brands:

Peir wu: Could actually wear all these clothes everyday.
Maharishi: Like techwear but not overpriced.
STORY: Bobkat taught me how to live.
Uniqlo: Decent quality, no logos, no weird brand pretensions other than "clothes that will help you out in life"
Adidas: Greatest brand on the planet.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:09 am

Top 5 worst tangentially-musically-related films

High Fidelity
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Control
Saturday Night Fever (As responsible for ruining disco as any one thing can be)
Garden State
Terre Thaemlitz/DJ Sprinkles on the cover of Wire in one of the scenes of High Fidelity is pretty cool though

On a more positive note, my top 5 music documentaries

Jazz: A Film by Ken Burns
Pump Up The Volume: The History of House Music
Synth Britannia
Amplified Gesture
Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt & The Magnetic Fields

And my top 5 music-related films

Perfect Blue
Blue (Kieślowski, not Jarman)
Rockers
24 Hour Party People
Babylon