[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Photography thread

Photography thread

Off topic

Re: Photography thread

Postby 106-2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:43 pm

just had a week away with family and I'm now feeling very much re-invigorated, having taken a lot of photos and differently from how I was typically approaching photography (honestly AS Photography has/had sucked all joy out of it for me, taking a creative A-level feels like such a false concept.

anyway...

(I'm aware that this isn't the best photo technically, but I love it on a personal level)

actually looking forward to being able to edit these!

106-2

Postby alby » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:49 pm

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby 106-2 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:57 pm

almost a double post (sorry about that), but some stuff ive shot in the last month or so

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

106-2

Postby zayg » Mon May 09, 2016 9:28 pm

how does one enter the world of photography as a career in a non-commercial manner without going to school

i'd like to work in the industry in some manner, i don't even mind working in a commercial sector (probably not being directly behind the curator, but working more in a director role) but i have no idea where i would ever even start without deciding to put myself in $100k of debt to go to grad school

zayg

Postby zayg » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:26 pm

zayg

Postby rjbman » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:32 pm

i still remember you toying w/ that white balance on the snow shot for fucking ages

congrats dude

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby alby » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Conrgats Zayg. Always stoked whenever I see your new stuff on flickr, definitely deserve any attention you get. Awesome shots.

alby

Postby michaelmao » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:45 am

Image Image

been a little uninspired lately as i rarely leave the house, but i take the occasional shot still.

michaelmao

Postby JewTurk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:17 pm

End of the world in Flagstaff, AZ.

Zion, pretty typical shots.

JewTurk

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:25 pm

will occasionally post cool-ass blogs here since i don't get out do to much in the way of photog these days

ramdomthought

Postby 106-2 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:23 am

got my film from glastonbury developed, made some v quick n dirty scans of them

yungen/the blues stage in the top two, novelist bottom left and one of of my favourites bottom right, of sonic

like the top left here, others are p forgettable imo

the fucking mud in top left, neato prose abt brexit () that was pasted about top right, and a nice one of glade bottom right.

Mac! best two are bottom two imo, although I'm glad I got a decent one of him crowdsurfing (top right)

More Mac! and LCD Soundsystem top right (really love this one, probably just bc of how great they were)

boring ones of camp/arena :^/

classic festival sunset shot haha (+repeated scan)

nice shallow focus bottom right, glad I got a decent one of the flags bottom right

bottom right is a nice one of the flags, its just the "ROAST CHICKEN" sign that ruins it tbh. The sculpture in the bottom left was also really cool, shame I didn't get a better shot of it.

Pilton Palais tent, another cool stature, and a really nice one of the kids of some family friends (in matching waterproof dungarees!)

Before the crowd got in, and a really nice one taken by a 7yo family friend (honestly p jealous he took this)

skepta, he fucking killed it even though it was only like 2pm. top right is my favourite.

106-2

Postby alby » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Some pics of mine I've really dug lately.

alby

Postby alby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:18 pm

tried some milky way shots and I think this is the only one that really turned out. it was a test shot, as I am going out again friday. I still think this was kinda cool. crazy how powerful cameras are.

@jon - not nearly as well as the camera, but you can see the outline of the cloud.

alby

Postby Hi5Ghost » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland.

Hi5Ghost

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:01 pm

these from tamachi skatepark in tokyo (simple but great park btw. v east coast style skating. local rippers all around)

couple from lacma - chris burden metropolis

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby anth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:18 pm

I know it's not the most spectacular picture but sunsets like this make me really happy to live in Arizona sometimes.

anth

Postby === » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:27 pm

hi ct it's been a while
here's some photos from a few months ago

B)
===

Postby costanza » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Central motherfucking perspectives. From Venice in September, Architecture Biennale 2016.

costanza

Postby windowflowers » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:25 pm

windowflowers

Postby Dobwin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Ilford PanF 50

Ilford Delta 400

Dobwin

Postby qalandar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:45 am

I was in nyc in july and again in september. the first time around I was still using my digital setup, pairing a zeiss 50/2 with the fuji x-e1. by the second trip i was loading portra 400 into an m6 with the same lense.
interestingly (to me, at least) i used the VSCO portra filter on the digital file while leaving the film untouched after development, just scanning it straight from the negative. I'm quite happy to abandon digital (again) and while the process is painstaikingly long compared to shooting on the m8 i was using for a short while, there's something more charming about not knowing what the photons have done to this sensitive strip rather than rushing to find out what the buzz of electricity was all about.

another shot i took which didn't end up quite as i had imagined. i was too close to the green construction barrier. but it was interesting to see the decay peaking through this little portal into the otherwise exuberant and really ostentatious city landscape.

qalandar

Postby qalandar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:46 am

speaking of digital, this is an interesting report.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... one%207%2B

qalandar

Postby surfdude69 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:48 pm

a project from last summer documenting a nostalgic day out in british holiday resorts. i plan to take a lot more photos in 2017, i didn't really have the money to buy film and get it processed this year. i want to do a project on Morris Dancers, and the Lake District.

sorry for bare images! that was the whole photobook i made from it

surfdude69

Postby bels » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:14 am

how did you make the photo book? It looks good

bels
Yung Winona

Postby surfdude69 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:38 pm

@bels i just laid it out on indesign then printed it on a regular xerox colour printer on ivory paper, then chopped off the white borders on each page. it's a bit rough and i've since gotten better at using a guillotine

surfdude69

Postby qalandar » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:20 am

just scanend some TriX 400 on my epson :o

not my favorite for color-contrast landscape shots. in my opinion these become too busy with the microcontrast masking and exagerating the aesthetics of nature. i much prefer smoother subjects on b&w, either intrinsically or not (eg. mist/fog smoothing out the palette). in this case, the winding road is lost among the trees and rocky features, whereas.
by , on Flickr

but works well on moody commuters
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr

and candid shots
by , on Flickr
by , on Flickr

qalandar

Postby surfdude69 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:35 pm

just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words on my stuff, i really appreciate it. here's some outtakes from the same project

surfdude69

Postby Vox » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Pictures from a camping trip at Guadalupe Mountains National Park last week
Sorry about there being so many, it's a really diverse place and I wanted to try my best to capture as many different sides of it as possible

The city bus is my chariot.

IG: @capladpoet
Vox

Postby anth » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:06 am

had a great day today exploring the mountains and visiting a little shanty town

anth

Postby radicalbusiness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:38 am

been a really long time since i've contributed to this thread! got back into film photography lately, here are some goodies from a roll I just had processed, unedited.

radicalbusiness

PreviousNext

Return to Care