[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Photography thread

Photography thread

Off topic

Re: Photography thread

Postby surfdude69 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:55 pm

First time using an SLR, first time using a 28mm, first time developing! I need to get a dust blower and try not to scratch the shit out of the film, but I kind of like it

surfdude69

Postby swampblood » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Bought two used polaroids off ebay for $40 of couple of months ago, best photo-related investment I've made in a while.

swampblood

Postby exprof » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Best cop all year has been buying a (used!) Sony RX-100ii. It's such an amazing camera for being such a tiny size. It's amazing to be able to be able to carry around such a great camera in your pocket, my DSLR barely gets any use anymore due to its size.

exprof

Postby meatjacket » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:58 am

just found an old canon japan autoboy/ AF35M at an antique mall for $2, need to get some batteries and color film in there and start shooting. Giving it to a friend of mine after i finish off a roll tho because i never would use it and i know he'd get much more use out of it.

meatjacket

Postby mellow » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:36 pm

First time doing film photography, picked up an Olympus mju-ii for £2 at a flea market and got carried away. Here are some of the results:

mellow

Postby surfdude69 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:44 pm

spreads from small photobook

surfdude69

Postby mooncorp » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:21 am

mooncorp

Postby iralanwitnuk » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:36 am

Shot some film a little while ago
ImageImage

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby longjumps » Sat May 13, 2017 9:28 am

I've started taking at least one snapshot every day, usually with my phone. so the quality isn't always great, but I've enjoyed it as an experiment in being more present to the moment and motivation to find something worth capturing in each day. here's a few recent ones

Last edited by longjumps on Sat May 13, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longjumps

Postby windowflowers » Sat May 13, 2017 10:45 am

these and most of previous shots I've posted have all just been on superia, and now I'm trying to experiment a bit more with some cooler films. been doing a bit of black and white with some rolls some friends passed me, and I just picked up a roll of fuji natura

windowflowers

Postby Minkhoi » Sun May 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Been taking a lot of pictures lately (smiling)

Ph
Minkhoi

Postby radicalbusiness » Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Shot some old color film on a short camping trip with my friend up in the Olympic Mountains

radicalbusiness

Postby anotherdayhere » Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Anyone have any experience with cheapo amazon lighting kits? Trying to get something more substantial set up my vintage resale endeavors and waiting for good lighting for two hours a day just isn't cutting it and also objectively does not look good. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!

@alby just pants/shirts/smaller outwear, that's what i'm thinking would be best, maybe two just to be sure and a backdrop? there are a couple packaged setups on amazon for between 50 and 100 with okay reviews, just kind of apprehensive about it being so cheap and I have zero experience with lighting.

anotherdayhere

Postby zevolution » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:08 pm

From my first four rolls

feedback requested

zevolution

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:26 pm

hey um, stranger in a strange land here

* what's the digital camera equivalent of clarks desert boots?
** and what's the digital camera equivalent of finding a pair of used generic desert boots on ebay?

* how much should I expect to pay for a digital camera before it's better than a samsung s6's camera?

popcorn

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 pm

i couldn't exactly fit this into a rep comment so here we go:

i'm a big proponent of using prime lens type cameras, and i'm not a big fan of large dslrs (or large mirrorless for that manner). although to be fair i p much strictly shoot street (dabble in some editorial stuff too), so take this advice w/ a grain of salt if u arent into that stuff

considering price vs image quality, my highest reccs are

fuji x100 (or x100s/t, may be slightly more expensive) - comes w/ a 35mm eq. lens. these are fantastic fixed lens cameras, and on the plus side u can find them used for <$500! a good price

ricoh gr - comes w/ a 28mm eq. lens. these are really discreet point & shoot cameras which means u don't really draw too much attention to yourself using it. still shoots magnificent images. (daido moriyama uses a ricoh gr (and used when the gr was a film camera too)). good prices on used ones too also <$500 ish

-----
i'd also trawl thru the flickr groups for sample shots on both cameras. also ppl also sell in the flickr groups for super cheap time to time! check it out

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby alby » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:25 pm

tag on - the sony a6k models are (in my opinion) the cbd of cameras. also mirrorless and crop sensor like the fujis, I think they allow for more modularity as you can adapt old lenses and use new lenses that are relatively small (19mm prime and 30mm prime and pancake in size)

an a6k can be found for probably 250-350 used on craigslist.
an a6300 could be found for probably 500, and an a6500 probably for around 700. the a6k is more than adequate and is a very good camera. like funchables said, check out respective camera groups on flickr. all in all, any modern digital camera is great and if it shoots raw you can't go wrong. if you decide to go Sony and have any questions hmu. I have an A7 (the a6k's bigger brother) and I love the camera.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby smiles » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:59 pm

This camera is pre-ww2 !

Edit.

Some photos taken with it (by A)

And here's me learning how to use a film camera:

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby rjbman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:08 pm

love the city of chicago so much!

from the river walk

looking at millenium park and lake michigan

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Spaceman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 pm

I just got a Sony NEX 6 today! I'm excited to join you guys and hopefully get some cool shots in and have fun doing it. Any tips for a beginner?

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby windowflowers » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:16 pm

some shots on natura and hp5 plus

also my newest baby, oly pen d3

haven't developed anything from it yet, but half frames seem really fun and it's a real nice feeling ben

windowflowers

Postby Spaceman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:32 pm

Do any of you use Flickr? If so, should we set up a c-t flickr to share pictures and flintstone. I know many of us share similar interests and it could be cool to see how they manifest themselves in the photos we take. Let me know and I could look into setting it up.

Edit: or just a cool way to share dog pics ya know.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby Spaceman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 am

I was bored so I made it. Join in and post whatever you feel like :D

Group:

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby popcorn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 pm

used my papa's big dslr and drove to this cool building downtown and then just ... fumbled with manual mode until i could do things (smiling)
food for thought: is it outsider art if you just have no idea what you're doing?

popcorn

Postby iralanwitnuk » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 pm

stuff i shot on disposable cameras during a trip to DC (b&w) and last year (long hair!!)..

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby tomsfood » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:24 pm

i'm taking a photo class this summer!

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby Spaceman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Update: I'm absolutely loving having my own camera that can take nice pictures! Here is one of the shots I just took on Sunday at my local state park. I'd love to hear criticism and tips. I have posted more the the Care-Tags flickr as well.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby worknights » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:10 am

some pics from my recent trip to vancouver, such a beautiful city!

ig: cavallifurs
worknights

Postby worknights » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:12 am

more pics on my flickr! (smiling) https://www.flickr.com/photos/149729676@N03/

Last edited by sknss on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pls don't quote your pics
ig: cavallifurs
worknights

Postby YoungCanoeist » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 pm

hey c-t! i took some photos in china.

makes for a nice phone wallpaper

from the bathroom of the top floor bar in that tall building in kowloon. great view highly recommend

YoungCanoeist

PreviousNext

Return to Care