[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Off topic

Re: Hangout/podcast

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:10 pm

thomaspaine

Postby maj » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:00 pm

http://tinychat.com/caretags

put the names to faces, caretags has gone video

maj

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:28 pm

everyone in c-t is so cute!

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:14 pm

that's a wrap

can-

Postby rjbman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Episode 3 is out, featuring Cameron- and bela on outerwear! Unfortunately due to technical issues Adam (UnwashedMasses) wasn't able to make it, but he should be back next time. As always, the episode is available for download or streaming.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bels » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Had a great time and definitely would like to do another. Particularly felt like I was getting into it more near the end. I half feel like organising a euro podcast to make scheduling easier but tech is such a great host that I don't see the point really.

Listening back at times I think I came across as really really earnest. Which is cool but perhaps not that fun to listen to for an hour. Hearing me talk about how I'm worried about the glues inside my jacket getting wet is a little bit tame. I think some fun talk could have been had in arguing about stuff like zip out hoods and the death of parkas. This is stuff that only occurs to me in hindsight though at the time I really wanted to talk about what type of wool coat is suitable for the rain.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 am

The best one yet, conversation was very fluid and balanced and well-paced (good editing work Ryan). Half an hour is a good length but at the same time i could have listened to you three talk all day. it's a shame unwashed was missing though.

The new Gore-Tex shell is very nice stuff in person, has a lovely, almost waxy hand - feels almost like a real fabric rather than a plastic tarpaulin like most gore does - i could just sense it performs better. Bela you had a great point that Veilance is simply trying to make the very best product they can regardless of how useful in the real world it is. They're coats for people who buy expensive cars and expensive watches and appreciate a healthy dose of redundant hyper-engineering in their daily life.

i wouldn't say Barbour is chavvy per se, at least not in the way most people understand chavvy. There is definitely snobbery at work tho. Like a lot of "heritage" brands they've marketed a lot of product at younger generations, lots of slim-fit lines and floral linings and neon trim. 2-3 years ago they were the coat of choice of blonde 17y/os with names like India and Demelza at Glasto, darling. Inevitably they got picked up by the EssexLad and now i'll see half a dozen people a day wearing them with brightly-coloured AM90s, acid wash skinny jeans and All Saints scoop necks

germinal
Garminlad

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Half an hour is an okay length, though I wish these were an hour long!

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby b4my » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Excited to listen!

germinal, lads are like the equivalent of american frat bros, yes? That's such a better outfit than what I always see here.

b4my

Postby bels » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:13 pm

I think Chief is the preferred nomenclature for the AM90 Acid wash crew.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Awesome!

I don't think Barbour is Chavvy is either. There was a period about 10 years ago when the Barbour tartan was on hats and Von Dutch caps etc. It was super chavvy but that died a death pretty sharpish. The Barbour waxed jacket craze (starting circa 4-5 years ago) was mostly posh kids adopting and spreading the trend.

If anything I think Barbour the brand, and print, is more associated with foreign (esp. Chinese) tourists in London and snazzy asians (a la Hermes belts and scarves).

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Episode #3 was great. Good pacing, no major technical difficulties, seems like you guys are starting to find your stride.

I kind of prefer the random detailed clothing discussions (i.e. let's breakdown goretex) over the more heavy and esoteric ones about things like gender, but those can be good too.

thomaspaine

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 pm

PS pm me if you need help hosting these, aka following the S3 instructions I posted above. It'd be much easier to listen to and share if it was distributed through iTunes.

Maybe also a podcast.care-tags.org website? That way each episode could have archived summaries, pictures of stuff referenced, etc.

thomaspaine

Postby teck » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:44 pm

bumping this.

who's ready for episode four? topic? who wants to be in?

teck

Postby sknss » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm

i would like to hear bobbin, ben and trash talk about the future of denim

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:55 pm

IF ANYONE IS GOING TO DO THAT IT'S KATY. Seriously though, she's a super expert. We're thinking about doing one really soon actually where anyone can pop in. More deets to come.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rjbman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Could I suggest another topic possibility? "Coolness: How some things just look cool, etc". Epitomized by ben's "I just wanna look dope".

rjbman

Postby thug » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:38 pm

holy shit ben's voice matches him perfectly

thug

Postby thug » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Good synergy this time.

thug

Postby starfox64 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:34 am

how i feel listening to cameron:

[youtube]mI4WH8bBpPk#t=44s[/youtube]

is there a way to jump to a particular part of an embedded video? regardless, relevancy starts at like 44s

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 pm

bumping this

@teck I won't really be available pretty much now through New Year's so might be a good idea to find a second producer.

rjbman

Postby teck » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:35 pm

gotcha. any other takers for producer?

teck

Postby deadkitty » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm good with that stuff

deadkitty

Postby teck » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:36 pm

i have an idea for a "Holiday Themed" podcast. I'd like to tap MAJ to help discuss. From the google doc:

"the sort of people who like fashion but arn't making the money rquired to go all out on baller gear down to their tees and breifs. mixing highend gear with highstreet chains in a way where it looks almost seemless. what's worse when you buy a new acne coat and someone says they saw it in topman, or when your topman coat gets called acne, and as a continuation why is zara the antichrist when stuff like cos is perfectly acceptable?. is saving for a few months to get something you really want a better feeling than monthly highstreet care packages, what can be substituted and is seen as replacable, and what can't be found on the street. i know some people have views on this, would be interesting to get some discussion going"

I'll be contacting folks soon.

teck

Postby hooplah » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:33 pm

i, for one, don't give a fuck. i wear zara. i wear h&m. the only thing that i don't do is buy blatant knockoffs from zara (which is not so hard for me because i wear very basic things). but i buy quite a lot of their other stuff.

brand snobbery is lame. if someone looks as good in (non-knock-off) zara as someone in name brands, why is the person in name brands better? because they spent more money? it's stupid to expect people to live outside of their means to avoid being shamed by brand elitists (or self-shaming, which i admit, i sometimes do). and wearing all fast fashion doesn't necessarily indicate that the person doesn't know or follow or love name brands or "higher fashion;" it could simply mean that they are too poor to reasonably afford it. people say, "if you can't afford the stuff, save up, trawl ebay, go on y!jp." i make a mediocre amount of money and trawl ebay religiously; there is no way i could develop a full wardrobe waiting for that perfect cross-section of "thing i like," "thing i can afford," and "thing i win at auction" to pop up in my saved searches. i fill in the blanks with zara.

edit: i should add though--and i'm well aware of the vanity in it--i get much more satisfaction from wearing a name brand piece than a zara/h&m garment. it might be pure vanity, but i think it's also intermingled with a sense of accomplishment, both relating to the successful curation of a part of your wardrobe and the acquisition of the garment itself.

hooplah

Postby teck » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:21 pm

we're running into just a touch of logistical trouble (damn our amazing, global user base) in this latest podcast but we'll figure it out.

just wanted to put it out there that everyone should feel free to create their own episodes if they wish. there's no one "canon" of our podcasts". we'll figure out a way to get it all up there. i myself might make one or two shorter "rogue" podcasts if i find i have a topic and a spare afternoon.

teck

Postby bels » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Just meet up with can for drinks and record it

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:22 pm

we actually did that already

can-

Postby ramseames » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm not the best candidate for this next one anyway if that's what it's about but I'd love to be a guest at some point in the future.

ramseames

Postby teck » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:00 pm

recorded a podcast with thomaspaine. was super chill and cool. gonna cut it and try to post it soon.

here's some fit pics (xpost from a few places):

teck

PreviousNext

Return to Care