[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Off topic

Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:39 pm

I think it might be interesting to try this if anyones game. Doesn't have to be now, just something to think of for the future. I think there are people who will listen to other people just talking about internet fashion and we could have a rolling roster of people talking each time.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Re: Hangout/podcast

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:17 pm

it'd be cool, i'd listen to it

Stingray Sam

Postby starfox64 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:19 pm

it would be cool if it wasn't just making fun of all the other users on the site, though.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby adhi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:00 am

it would be cool if actual interesting/knowledgable people did it, unlike person(s) on the previous attempt. if it were people like bobbin, cameron, germinal and all the other people who make care-tags great i could see it being awesome.

adhi

Postby charybdis » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 pm

I nominate Syeknom, sknss and ramdom.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby can- » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:29 pm

I like this idea. lead the way bobbin my dear

can-

Postby Syeknom » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:10 pm

I've a hunch most of us are too shy for this, I know I am!

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:43 am

hunnish said i sound like a homosexual, so now i'm super self-conscious about my voice

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby smiles » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:28 am

we all sound like homosexuals.

at least i do.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:51 am

Everyone is embarrassed by their voice! I was thinking it'd be more about internet fashion in general. No one needs to be an expert.

Just a thought.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby smiles » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:03 am

I like sounding like a homosexual!

Homosexual is a great word. Really makes ones lips bounce around

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hunnish » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:47 pm

bouncing lips can be dangerous around homosexuals

hunnish

Postby odradek » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:48 pm

i'd do this because i love hearing myself talk

odradek

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:02 pm

I'd definitely be in on this. I have no idea how to set up the technical aspect of it though.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby deadkitty » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 pm

It's pretty easy. I used a program called "piezo" to record skype calls and did the editing in logic or audacity. All that really needs to be done is cropping the beginning/end and adding music or something if you want. If you know how to do noise reduction or dynamic compression that's pretty helpful

deadkitty

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Really good idea. I have no qualifications but if there was ever a need for an extra person I'd be down.

ohnodeadchickens

Postby germinal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm

pod cast
BOBBIN.THREADBARE: Hi guyz and welcome to the care-tags pod cast wiv me Bobbin and special guests. this morning i was eating wiv the spoon that i did forge my homemade organic muesli that i did homemake from the bowl that i did carve from a tree that i did cut down wiv my beard that i did grow and i thought to myself i did think, why don't we talk about things we did achieve today. Why don't you begin germinal
GERMINAL: *mumbles*
BOBBIN.THREADBARE: I'm sorry I did not catch that, my loom wiv which i am weaving vtg garments as we speak does make an awful chatter, please do tell again what you did achieve today
GERMINAL: ... i got out of bed before 4pm today
BOBBIN>THREADBARE: Wow that is a top achievement! Well that's all folks, until next time!

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Oh God. I'm a parody.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rjbman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:04 pm

I might be able to figure out the technical side (recording, cutting, etc) but I've not fucked around that much with audio stuff... @Deadkitty might be a better option seeing as he's got experience doing this sort of thing.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:38 pm

So hey, I've got a few ideas for this. I figure there should be one or two people who coordinate the discussion/keep it on topic. I don't know whether those would be the same people every time or if they'd rotate. Rotating might be useful for figuring out who's able to do it well unless somebody's got nominations to go already.

When I was present for the last attempt at these they devolved quickly if the conversation didn't have at least some semblance of direction (although I think with this crowd it'll be a bit easier to stay on topic). Any suggestions for topics? I thought about having 2-3 specific talking points per podcast.

Some ideas:

- designer analysis/discussion, choosing one designer per podcast
- fashion/industry news
- some general discussion (focus on sports/video games/music? could switch it up)

Thoughts?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:21 pm

I think that sounds really good.

I had no idea there was a previous attempt - anyone care to provide a link?

What's most interesting about fashion these days isn't the runways, it's how designers and collections are playing out on forums. Those 'fashion memes' are a sign of the times, and I think that's what's worth talking about - internet fashion, not boring runway stuff. Fashion is so subjective that if one of use talks about Jean Charles De Castelbajac most people would turn off.

Tech podcasts do well because they cover the big stories, and the underlying trends. What does X mean for the rest of the industry? Why are people buying dreambaskets? Why are Raf and Rick suddenly on the tip of everyones tongues? How come a couple of very ordinary looking boys walked into a sample sale I was at recently and gleefully exclaimed 'OMG look! They have Jill Sander!'

/fa /mf etc. are becoming nexus points where trends are born and collections are either hyped or ignored. I think a podcast exploring all this would really work because believe you me, trend forecasters and brands are starting to look this way.

Edit: PS. I have NEVER made my own muesli. I only make my own granola.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rjbman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:17 pm

. Was ran by Chodestevens and Zachinthebox, with Deadkitty doing the technical stuff (IIRC).

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby teck » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:55 pm

please please pleeease can i be involved. qualifications:

1) i love hearing myself talk.
2) I work in advertising so i get paid to do (1).
3) other things!

teck

Postby deadkitty » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 pm

I'd be down for recording any of it but I might not be able to due to timezone differences

deadkitty

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 pm

I just checked out Piezo and it seems simple enough, so I can record and edit if there are timezone issues.

If nobody's got complaints, we can go ahead and get started on planning.

Any specific thoughts for the first podcast? Some thoughts-

- Where are we planning on debuting this? Will it be in-forum only, or will we be posting on MFA/SF/SuFu/etc.?
- If it's being posted outside the forum, we may want to do an introduction to the forum for those who haven't heard of it before. At the risk of being presumptuous, I'd nominate either Germinal or cameron-, if they're willing of course. They've definitely done the most as far as administration of the forum, so having them do the introduction/mission statement might be useful.
- I think it'd be great to have Bobbin and teck give some kind of commentary as far as the industrial side of things, to what extent fashion interacts with other creative industries, how much of it is business vs. art, etc.
- I'd love to get odradek and smiles into an argument/discussion over philosophical aspects of clothing/fashion, but that might be a bit heavy for now

Overall, I think the first should be concise, and we definitely need to identify the target audience. I can't do anything this weekend, but if anyone wants to start throwing out times feel free. If we can decide on a time and on all people interested in participating, we can set up a Skype group and take it from there.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby teck » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:14 am

I think this is a great outline for our first episode. i think what helps podcasts is having a clear agenda of what the episode is about. im sure we can derive plenty of content/topics for future episodes. we should also have segments so that the show has rhythm and predictability. i don't know if we want to start establishing the recurring segments in the first episode. im getting ahead of myself.

i don't want to smack talk the Chode+Zack podcast but it was unfocused. Zack knows alot but he can have an abrasive attitude which is off putting even if you're just listening in. if we don't want to have a very "consumer friendly" podcast that's fine but it won't make for fun listening to have smack talking and a lot of swearing. its distracting.

and to that end we should figure on having regular hosts. that may be tricky because hosts should have chemistry and we've only chatted with each other over text-only, except for a few of us in isolation. also the hosts need to be charismatic but be able to keep the show moving along. again im getting ahead of myself.

teck

Postby smiles » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:45 am

I would be interested (though I'm not that eloquent) in joining. Not sure if philosophizing is my strong point.

just as an aside, It's important to remember that podcasts are a completely auditory medium as compared to a forum (or fashion). So we will have to find a way to talk about clothes without having any visuals. Descriptions are ok, but probably shouldnt drive conversation as people aren't gonna be that interested. Stuff like movies (for an example of visual art that is often discussed in podcasts) have the advantage of plot and dialog. Our descriptions would have to be really good like in newspaper articles or something.

seems like the ideas posted above have avoided this problem pretty well by talking about clothing in general. Might be harder to parse if we want to go into specifics.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:40 am

A lot of good points smiles and teck. As far as the philosophizing bit, I was referring to the discussion on deconstruction and semiotics. With regard to descriptions: I haven't addressed it because I feel like it'll have to be dealt with on a case by case basis. I don't know how much we'll be talking about individual articles of clothing. It'd make sense in the context of a segment on new pieces put out or new sneakers or collaborations and things like that, and in that sense I definitely agree that we'd have to be specific and generous with the language, both in describing the pieces and in offering information on where to find them or where to find more info.

On the question of the hosts, the only idea that I had was that we could do something of a trial run. Get a broad topic or two, gather as many people as are interested in participating, have some conversation, and see what kind of chemistry arises. It'd be easy enough to vote on hosts amongst the willing from that point.

PS I think I'm writing much more flowery than I need to or than I usually do, but my girlfriend finally got me to watch Game of Thrones and it's got my language faculties all mixed up. Sorry about that.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby starfox64 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:07 am

starfox64

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:45 am

I agree with starfox64, it should be about 'style' not just brands. Also, smiles is right -- without visual cues you're going to have to use information that most people already have reference to.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Next

Return to Care