[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Off topic

Re: Hangout/podcast

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:20 pm

all i want to do is creepily listen in but i guess i can make podcast album art too

schiaparelli

Postby teck » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:08 pm

how are peoples availability Monday, 21 Oct, 6pm EST ? I hope that gives some allowance for our UK/European friends, while allowing schlubs like me on the US east coast to get settled after the day.

I've developed a Run of Show, below. I want to experiment with using a thread on CT as a jumping off point for discussion on the pod, and also have a shorter interview.

I'd love to host if that's ok. If someone wants to co-host that would be great. I would like one other guest. And then, of course, we need the engineer/producer.

Run of Show (open to suggestions but lets keep it short and tight):

1. Intro
a. Intro music
b. Who we are and what we're doing.
c. Who is the host(s), guests, and today's topics.

Segment A - Guest
a. Introduce the guest
b. interview with guest, discussing this person's interest in style, latest purchases, etc.

Segment B - Discussion
a. Discussion on the Socks with Sandals thread.
i. Host(s) to provide background of the thread and trend
ii. Discuss with guest this trend, thread, etc

Segment C
a. Game with Guest
i. Buy, Burn, or Steal (it's like Fuck, Kill, or Marry)

Outro.
a. thanks for listening
b. future plans
c. outro music

teck

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Holy crap that's a much better podcast than anything I thought about.

I'd love to co-host simply because I want to be in on this and I wouldn't be interesting enough as a guest. I've done a few interviews in the past, for class and for work, so I've got some experience (although that probably doesn't count for shit). It sounds like Ramdom and RJB have a better handle on the production side than I do, so I'll go ahead and step off from that aspect of it. I can still do the intro/outro music if you're interested, though.

Also if nobody wants me as host or someone else wants to be host, please say so. I don't want it to get weird, and as much as I'd like to contribute, I'd rather step back and come out with a better podcast.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm available for the Monday time.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm in for this time.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby germinal » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:05 pm

cod past
TECKNEAKS: Welcome to the Care-tags podcast
[muzak plays]
TECKNEAKS: Hi it's me Clive "Don't sweat the" Teckneaks live from Nu York Nu York, so great they named it twice (private in-joke har har don't mind me). With me today i have Dries van "Syeknom" Noten, celebrated belgian commutator, and Bela "Tamwar Masood" Bartok, polymath extraordinaire.
DRIES VAN NOTEN: Cor blimey guv'nor
TECKNEAKS: I thought we could talk about trousers today
DRIES VAN NOTEN: Phwoar blooming 'eck do i ever love a good cracking wazzo pair of trousers, absolutely wizzard, they are. My maggie howell trew have a bloody smashin taper, I'll tell you that for free
BELA BARTOK, COMPOSER: Taper? I hardly know her!
TECKNEAKS: har har
[muzak]

germinal
Garminlad

Postby teck » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:35 pm

ok so here's the roster:

host: teck
host: Unwashed
guest: bobbin.

we can always switch up hosts later.

who is our producer/engineer?

teck

Postby Syeknom » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Unwashed is a stellar choice

Syeknom

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:54 pm

I appreciate it, Syeknom. I think it'd be cool to have Teck as a consistent host, but rotate the second host. That way we get different chemistry, perspectives, etc. People who may not want to talk about themselves could still contribute. Keep Teck to give continuity. But having the same two people hosting with only one new guest might get boring after a while. Might not, just a thought.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby rjbman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Just a heads up I tested running the output back in on itself as the microphone; it worked fine however currently I can't actually hear what's being said. I'm assuming I can find a splitter by Monday though so it should be fine.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby teck » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Cool looks like we got a squad.

I'll be PMing folks with details (run of show scripts, etc)

Really excited!

teck

Postby bels » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Ahem cough sorry oh hello any word?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Recording was successful, RJBman's editing it together. After that we'll do a round of cuttings to shorten the run time and post both the cut version and the director's cut.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby rjbman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Hey guys, episode 1 of The Care Tags Show is finished! The podcast ended up coming in at about 70 minutes long, so we also cut an edited copy about 20 minutes in length. Both are available to stream as well as download and listen at your convenience.

Director's cut:

Edited cut:

Now it's time to start planning the next episode...

rjbman

Postby teck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I want to thank RJbman, Unwashed, and Bobbins for doing this. I had a ton of fun and I hope we can keep doing more.

Open to people's suggestions after they've taken a listen. Enjoy!

teck

Postby Syeknom » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Wow, looking forward to listening to this!

Syeknom

Postby hooplah » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 pm

i think the music should be the wayne's world theme except

CARE TAGS
CARE TAGS
FASHION AND FRIENDS
EXCELLENT!!!

hooplah

Postby bels » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:51 pm

OK listening now.

- Sick intro music
- Feel like the talk is best when it's general and not focused on a particular user's personality, not comment about anything specific just in general
- Bobbin do you know about old-town.co.uk http://the189.com/feature/interview-wit ... -clothing/
- Could do a better division between the bobbin talk and the sandals x socks bit
- what's with the extra bit of music after talking about blistering on raf simons
- like that teck had pre written stuff
- two hats lol
- where's the helpful images to go with this stuff?
- Burn the geos strong anti Rickson feeling on this forum hope trig doesn't feel too persecuted
- What's a dreambox? could do with some explanation there

bels
Yung Winona

Postby eli7 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:58 pm

that was great

bobbin is so clutch

eli7

Postby Syeknom » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Been wanting to order from old town for ages, would be great if bobbin has experience with their stuff

(Listening now, this is great)

Syeknom

Postby rjbman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:31 pm

@bela: I'm assuming you listened to the edited part. For everything else the cut went very smoothly, though with the sox/sandals part it was a bit choppy, and the part of music after blistering was because it jumped topics abruptly and I wanted to signify that. I'm open to other methods of doing so.

rjbman

Postby hooplah » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:33 pm

i really want to be friends with bobbin, he is supremely interesting and his voice is so friendly and jovial

edit: well that was easy

hooplah

Postby bels » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 pm

I dunno I didn't think the topic jump was too abrupt. Like I knew he was going to get on to the jump boots in the end.

I just reread my comment and it sounds so down but I enjoyed listening and felt it was cool overall. Good work you guys.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Ahhh - this was really fun. I really wish I knew the mic was so bad -- if there's a next time I'll sort out something better.

Hooplah, we are friends!

Bela, yeah I have. It's odd because I love what they're doing but it's not entirely for me. I love vintage but I'm not so keen on repro, so brands like Buzz Rickson, LVC, Sugar Cane etc. don't really float my boat. They seem a bit souless to me, because you *can* buy the real thing if you want. If they were re-wilding a type of clothing that is entirely extinct I'd be on board. I very nearly bought some trews from old-town but I just knew I wouldn't be as satisfied as I would be if I bought the real thing.

I really like vintage inspired stuff though, so that's a separate thing.

How good are Unwashed and Tecks voice's? Impressed. Still annoyed about my mic though.

Also, RJBman actually made the mic sound better than it did before and he put in a lot of the work.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I don't hate Rick Owens at all, I just don't understand why geos are SO hyped. They're a cultural phenomenon which has got me asking questions about trends and consumer fashion. I'm sure triggerdisk would understand that -- although I do think 'Burn the Geobaskets' would make a really metal band name.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sknss » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:14 pm

i enjoyed this but please don't say that care-tags is a menswear forum

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby smiles » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:04 pm

shouts out to my shoes ^_^

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby teck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Bela, what do you mean by "general talk".

Smiles, what's wrong with menswear.

Everyone: thoughts on episode 2?

teck

Postby smiles » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:43 pm

sknss with the menswear gripe innit.

Maybe a bit more interaction between all three people would be nice.

Overall it was cool.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:55 am

nothing's wrong with menswear obviously, but we had women's runway threads and discussions about womenswear brands. i don't think calling care-tags a menswear-only forum is fair. as germ said "i think we have an opportunity here to create a more gender-balanced forum"

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:30 am

General talk like, if you start talking about Bobbin's latest fit, I can't actually remember what it was and for people who don't know bobbin it's even more like "???"

wheras when you're talking about socks and sandals that's a completely generic thing that doesn't rely on me knowing about a specific ctagger.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:09 am

I agree. This is the first one, which was kind of just a prototype to see if it was interesting at all. We're a community, so I think everything said here should be taken into consideration, and I agree with Bela that more general discussion is better.

This is why anyone on here should/can get involved!

Bobbin.Threadbare

PreviousNext

Return to Care