[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Hangout/podcast: Which V-Neck Cardigan Should I Wear Today

Off topic

Re: Hangout/podcast

Postby charybdis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Bit on the late end, but I made an album of all the things that were mentioned on the podcast.

Confession: I had no idea wallabies were called wallabies until now.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Just a heads up, none of the images in your spoiler show up.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby JCM » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:49 pm

I really liked this. Quite interesting and thought it was thoughtful to have some topics prepared. Wish I could offer something, haha.

JCM

Postby charybdis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:50 pm

charybdis

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Based on reactions, do you think it'd be best to have 'themed' short shows weekly (for example)?

1. The internets of fashion
2. The origin of trends
3. Designers, designers, designers
4. The future of retail
5. The gender divide

etc.

And we could all 'sign up' for whichever topic we're into, or would like to discuss. The truth is, everyone has something interesting to say.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby charybdis » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:10 am

What about one on uniform? Wearing the same thing/similar things. (It would be like the anti-bobbin podcast.)

Also, "nostalgia" might be a good general topic.

charybdis

Postby bels » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:25 am

If you remember the original, you're too old for the comeback.

I'd love to do an episode on Uniforms.

I think fortnightly would be a better time frame.

Other topic ideas (just brainstorming) :

music x clothes
I feel that a lot of internet effay characters are basically trying to buy clothes that are priced, marketed and targetted towards other people. (If you can only get your garmz by copping them second hand from japan then they aren't trying to sell them to you)
waywt pics and how they influence trends (might be weakly suited to pod)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:33 am

that bit about who brands are marketing towards is interesting

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 am

Yeah all good ideas!

I like that uniform is 'anti-bobbin'. I've thought about that a lot today and while I want to argue that point I think it's essentially true.

Fortnightly or even monthly might be better, yeah.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:11 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 am

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But it's sort of interesting right? A lot of the stuff we want isn't targetted at us at all. I suppose that's similar for a lot of fashion though. It's not like Tisci was thinking "I'm making these rott tees for the kids out on the street." but the kids on the street wanted them and the highstreet moved in with knockoffs to bridge the gap.

I guess I don't really think that a lot of clothes is targetted at "hobbyists" but here we are saving and hustling to cop some garm that is probably targetting someone in a totally different country / level of affluence / job / whatever.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

i think this line of thought would be better teased out over the podcast but i don't think clothing "hobbyists" like us who mostly buy stuff used or on clearance are any fashion designer's target market

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 am

starfox64

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:04 am

This is an interesting subject!

Cazal, the German specacle designer/manufacturers found acclaim after they were hyped by RUN DMC and black b-boy culture at the time (mostly the 623 and the 616 models). Their frames were designed, essentially, for rich white people, but ended up being stolen, bought and coveted by hood kids and aspirational pimps.

The B-Boy outfit above apparently sponsored by Cazal and Adidas Gazelles

They're now a permanent fixture in rap culture, and it's weirder to see them on a white dude.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby teck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:36 am

good conversation already. save it for the podcast!

I like the themes idea but i have reservations. for us to have a podcast and discuss a certain topic or theme, we'd need to have an 'expert' or at least someone knowledgable. im not even saying someone here has to have a PHD or be Bobbins (a professional), but why should anyone listen to some randoms talking on the internet about something? otherwise it could be a confusing experience, especially for those who don't know who we all are.

we could of course just say 'fuck all that' and just do a podcast meant purely for CTers, but that seems strange to me.

of course im basing this off of existing podcasts and maybe we experiment with formats such that this makes sense.

i would love to continue to do a rotation of guests/hosts, with a segment which is more or less a straight interview, and then a segment in which we bring in the "topic of the fortnight". People on my hit list:

trash
rosenrot
syke
pretty much everyone but those are the top three for now.

teck

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

starfox64

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:52 am

I agree with starfox, because I think everyone has something interesting to say, which is why you'd only participate in the ones you're interested in. I wouldn't be any good at talking about anything to do with sportswear, but someone else on here would.

From the discussions on here so far, everyone that contributes is a few tiers above 'the man on the street' in terms of fashion knowledge.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby teck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:58 am

i dont mean for people to have legitimate expertise, but im trying to imagine how it would be listening to someone who has no background (since it's just an anonymous user on the internet)

i dont think we're publishing, but i think its good to have an assumption that the listener isn't steeped in CT, and doesn't know who we all are. even i can't keep track of people on here, and this forum is prob gonna get big(ger) soon.

teck

Postby bels » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 am

See I feel like if the listener isn't a CTer you definitely want to steer clear of doing interviews with CTers and more general conversation, even if non expert, would be more interesting (to the uninitiated)

I think you're selling us short to an extent Teck, if the topic is correctly chosen then we basically are experts and I think we should stick to topics like that. Who knows more about, say the difference between SF and SUFU? Or which webstore has the best layout? Or Disby's unchanging haircut?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:13 am

hm you're right about that. i'd like to see the podcast be "outsider friendly" (to an extent) because i think its a good organizing principle for podcasts in general, and because i want to be famous.

i think then if there's some kind of organizing framework, then the show will make sense. you're right about experts. my bad to say we need to be "experts", i think we just need to couch the discussion in the right way.

teck

Postby bels » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 am

I agree that the pod should be as outsider friendly as possible because I also want to be famous (and deep down, I feel I deserve to be.)

We could also try wearing women's slacks?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:33 am

i don't think it should be a bunch of insider jokes either, and i don't think that every member has something interesting to say on every topic (i don't really have anything to say about socks and sandals, for instance), but i think it'd be nice to hear everyone's voice and get to know them a little, and i think as a group of at least semi-intelligent people we can figure out a way to balance that while still having an interesting discussion.

i mentioned this before but i am also open to not everything being 100% dedicated to fashion though. teck is right to an extent that listening to four people who are clueless speculate about why certain things happen in fashion would be a disaster, so let's figure out a balance. you could talk to soundclip about his art and trees, for example. or bela about his writing.

starfox64

Postby bels » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:51 am

We could talk to you about how to size nonnative cardigans

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Cool. I feel a podcast coming on.

What do people want the next episode theme to be? Uniforms? I like the "internet of fashion" but maybe that's a bit too meta too early? I like the "brands and marketing" bit from above about how a brand forms a target and how targets and non-targets react to a brand.

Who would like to be on the "panel"?

teck

Postby bels » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Me and Sfox just duking it out w/blow by blow commentary by teck. (Practice saying "ooooooooooooh SNAP" etc)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:09 pm

set up a document somewhere where everyone can write ideas down. Anyone can then 'sign up' to the thing by putting their name down next to whichever they think they could contribute to. Once a topic has 3 people signed up it's ready to be recorded.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby rjbman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm

I think uniforms is a great idea.

W/r/t production and distribution and targeting, currently I've only got it on soundcloud. I might look into getting it on iTunes though, which would mean we wouldn't JUST be targeting caretags people, though it certainly would be the majority of people. It doesn't seem to be that difficult of a procedure.

Teck, I'm assuming you're planning to host again? Will Unwashed be the other host, or did we want to mix it up perhaps? I agree wholeheartedly with the list of people you'd like to get on there, and perhaps a few additions as well.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby teck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:43 pm

i'll get a doc going and post it.

i'd love to host again if thats ok but im happy to step back from the mic if others wish to host. i'd just like to be involved in some producer type way if i dont host. RJ can we look to you for engineering/production again?

teck

Postby teck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:45 pm

teck

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Can't edit that doc -- you need to make it open to public editing. Also, 3 is a good number for a discussion but if you're going to host all of them teck and unwashed, you'll only need 1 person per show (imho). 3 guests plus 2 hosts = 5 people with around 4 mins worth of input on a 20 min session (too many).

Bobbin.Threadbare

PreviousNext

Return to Care