[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Musicians' thread

Musicians' thread

Off topic

Re: Musicians' thread

Postby popcorn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:59 pm

I have an acoustic guitar, I just re-stringed it really badly, and I think I want to learn to play the guitar. How do I learn guitar? Are lessons cheap? I think I'd be a good student, now that I'm 18.

Also: the rhythm for "Looks Just Like The Sun" by Broken Social Scene is really easy to learn. I looked up the song because I wanted to be bewildered, but now I know how to play it. Wheeeeee

popcorn

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:30 pm

So besides being into clothes I also make "music" if you want to call it that. Anyways I make weird beats and I've always wanted to say that I released something other than a couple tracks on soundcloud so I've decided to drop an EP. It's only like 5 tracks long and consists of mostly just quick flips of samples that I've found. I really like to sample stuff from anime cause there is just such a variety to the stuff I can find, this does lead to me doing vocal chops of songs where the lyrics no longer make any sense(not like I understood them in the first place). Anyways it'd be cool if you checked it out.

Also if you make beats and want to work together on something hit me up.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby MythicSquirrel » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:10 pm

missed out on a Danelectro for $125. I need to buy more pedals to curb my sadness

MythicSquirrel

Postby hmwut » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:48 pm

I made this track as the final assignment for my electronic music class. It was made on Logic Pro X and uses a selection of samples, software instrumentation, and ambience captured by myself personally as well as found online.

The samples are:
In the Wee Small Hours of The Morning - Frank Sinatra originally, sung by Genevieve Artadi
Don, Aman - Slint
Solace - Earl Sweatshirt
Monologue - Tax Driver

All shamelessly ripped from YouTube. Also taken from YouTube is an ambient track of construction, and I got a police siren sample from freesound.org (great resource)

Another major part of the ambience is a few layered and spliced tracks of me walking around the campus of The College Of New Jersey during a storm.

There's a lot of synth involved, some custom, mostly presets.

It's a rather dark piece, but I think it does justice to a mind space and atmosphere I felt at a time last year.

Looking for feedback and thoughts (smiling)

hmwut

Postby Stolsdos » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:54 pm

[edit]

Last edited by Stolsdos on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stolsdos

Postby vice » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Should I buy a bass guitar?

I have never played, or attempted to learn how to play a string instrument before, but I have about 10 years experience on drums.

vice

Postby vice » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Update: I bought one

vice

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:28 pm

can't decide if I wanna buy a midi keyboard or an ableton push.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:52 pm

you can play melodies and chords on the push though, it does a lot more than other step sequencers like the launchpad

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:43 pm

more of a music random thought but i have split feelings about having a classical music theory background. i feel like i know too much music theory and it limits the type of music i write and appreciate

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby windowflowers » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:47 pm

on a sort of opposite note, I played clarinet in my school band for like 7 years and grew up in a super music heavy household, but basically was somehow never taught any theory. I've played a little bit of guitar and piano in the past couple years since then but I feel super held back by my lack of theory knowledge and have never progressed very far.

any recommendations for remedying this? I've looked into music theory textbooks and the like a little bit, but I can't tell if that's the direction I should be going in, or if there's something else that would serve me better.

windowflowers

Postby cormac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:31 am

I've been playing guitar since I was 9 and progressed slowly throughout, but in the last 8ish months I've started playing my own songs at open mics and getting into home recording. Thanks Wellbutrin!! I played saxophone in highschool and from that have an internalized feel for music theory, though I don't usually read music anymore. I'm so excited cuz the house I just moved used to be owned by some friends who hosted shows and has an entire side room perfect for music. I used to be so unconfident and shy about my musical and songwriting ability, but the future is looking bright!

I think I'll try to post some of my music here when I finally upload it.

cormac

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 pm

reviving from dead:

i'm in the market for a stage piano/synth, and i'm looking for mostly a nice rhodes wurly type sound (good acoustic sounds would be good too, but the primary focus is in rhodes and epiano sounds)

anyone have any good suggestions? i've tested out the nord stage (action is a little too light for me, and also way too fckin expensive), and the korg sv1 (action is a bit sluggish, but price is more ok. the rhodes sound was super good)

if i had to prioritize, i'd probably pick the action, then the rhodes sound, then the acoustic sounds. i don't really care for organ at all. i'm looking for action that's somewhat like that of a concert grand piano -- very snappy and decently heavy so i can play fast passages

unrelated too but i'm starting to play small impromptu shows (more like jams lmaoooo) in public now!!!! actually pretty fun (smiling)

fun_yunchables

Postby Dingdongfootball » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:17 pm

i've been wanting to get into something new music wise for a bit since i'm kind of bored with guitar at the moment. the problem is sort of that i have pretty good technical physical skills from playing for so long but i don't really know much about music theory and i'm not very good at reading music. because i can't read music well, it's hard to learn the songs that would actually be a challenge to me technically, if you catch my drift. anyway...

i'm looking to buy a keyboard and teach myself to play it. I was thinking . it's a slightly older model but has good reviews from what i've seen and is pretty affordable for a yamaha. any keyboardists got opinions on this one? or any other recommendations for a beginner keyboard in the same price range? ideally 61 keys, gotta be touch sensitive.

Dingdongfootball

Postby tomsfood » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:31 pm

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby archangel666 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:04 pm

been practicing my mixing skills and now my first mix is up ! :woop: also been making some tracks on garageband for now... lol I'm in the process of learning Ableton but hey everyone starts somewhere

archangel666

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:04 pm

can i revive this thread from the dead?

recently i've been mostly playing fake book standards but i've set some deadlines for finishing my first ep. in the past i've been writing more looped-out bedroom pop esque stuff but it's hard to make an interesting song with a repetitive chord progression (and my lyrical writing and singing voice are definitely not good enough to draw attention away from it... unlike a certain artist who rhymes with BLAIRO). in any case i'm definitely not satisfied with how my music has turned out -- it feels like it's lacking something that i can't quite distill

i think i'm going to yoink some of the fake book progressions but then just reharmonize the shit outta them and write a new melody on top... still gotta work on strengthening my singing voice too i think it's too nasal

here's a couple of my old stuff though if y'all wanna peep

bedroom poppy-stuff

piano improv

fun_yunchables

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:19 pm

what websites do people use to buy/sell guitars secondhand? im trying to find a specific out of production model as a gift but have no idea where to look. im guessing forums?

mc-lunar

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 am

ah thank you so much all , found a couple (!) options on reverb :woop:

mc-lunar

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:00 pm

just started using vampr and itd actually be pretty cool if musicians were not actually flakes 99% of the time (i'm guilty too)

fun_yunchables

Postby Julio » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:44 am

was recently in a (practically) zero-budget music video for one of the bands i've found myself in after a long break of playing drums. v out of my comfort zone but it's fun stuff to play, feel free to peep the video

or check out the band's EP on spotify; relapse, by moonmask
*shrug*

Julio

Postby Benson » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:15 am

Recently bought a bass for recording and I quite like it

My girlfriend and I have been recording some songs. Would be cool to collab if anyone is interested. Link below.

Benson

Postby JewTurk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 am

Been listening to this a lot lately and it's really blown me away. It's an incredible album.

I've started being a bit more intentional with my music consumption, I stopped using Spotify, and I've found myself enjoying music a lot more. I feel like I lose my attention span so quick on Spotify I can barely finish a song without wanting to go check out a different album/artist.

JewTurk

Postby JewTurk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Recorded some demos and would love some feedback from people?

https://soundcloud.com/michael-finley-12/albums

I recorded three of the songs with a friend playing drums but I haven't overdubbed vocals for those yet. I think the majority of my head wants to leave the songs as is and not try to dress them up with overdubs too much but I can't decide. I wasn't thinking anything too crazy (field recordings, background synths during interludes, doubling guitar/vocals) but after taking some time away from the recordings I kind of just want to leave them as is aside from eq'ing and mixing stuff.

JewTurk

Postby WayneWuss » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:43 am

Made a mix for some club guy that never got back to me

:rjbasedgod:

WayneWuss

Postby WayneWuss » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:27 am

WayneWuss

Postby WayneWuss » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 am

Can someone else post stuff so I'm not self-conscious

WayneWuss

Postby Benson » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Benson

Postby WayneWuss » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:56 pm

I think I'm done posting mixes for a few months now. Have some serious QC issues and I get disgusted with the things I make in like the span of a day.

Last edited by WayneWuss on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WayneWuss

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:19 pm

such a mood i record in one night, wake up the next morning and hate it

i figure part of it is just aural fatigue so archive it and return later

fun_yunchables

PreviousNext

Return to Care