[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Musicians' thread

Musicians' thread

Off topic

Re: Musicians' thread

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:53 pm

just bit the bullet on the fender standard telecaster!
now i'm looking towards getting the fender custom-shop twisted tele pickups and a mint pickguard.
looks like no new clothing purchases for awhile..

hamburgerlady

Postby Blastoise » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:07 am

Couple of thoughts that I've had going through my head, haven't much time to play piano lately.

Wrote and recorded these in about ten minutes so they're rough. One of my friends was hired to direct a documentary, might be writing for that so I was thinking about going off of these themes.

Blastoise

Postby meatjacket » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:29 pm

i play guitar ( I own this one ), mandolin, sing and im trying to learn piano as well as i play guitar. I just learned I'll Try Anything Once by the strokes and im trying to play and sing at the same time

i wish i had friends that were close that could play an instrument

oh yeah, last year i loved to make music and try and sit down and make music but ive had so much going on lately i havent been able to write anything. I'll try to make something for this thread specifically bc i luv u guys

meatjacket

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:31 pm

How's that Gretsch play? I was looking at it a few years ago, always wondered.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby meatjacket » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:15 pm

the hollowbody allows it to play more loudly than a plain solid body electric, but unplugged its still pretty quiet. Plugged in, the guitar plays very clean and i love to mess around with it. It's my favorite guitar of all time!

meatjacket

Postby MythicSquirrel » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:31 am

Always bad at starting out on new forums but thought I could make my second post here. Long time guitar player, recently bought a Vox AC30 to replace my digital setup that was just getting boring, the dynamics on the Vox are unreal compared to the HD500. Sounds a million times better, have a couple Gibsons and just picked up two Strymon pedals to put away for christmas, bit in to most of my Schott budget but it was worth it :grin: Also been getting in to trying to make some noise/experimental music

MythicSquirrel

Postby vgtbls » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Oops my hand slipped and I made this

vgtbls

Postby MythicSquirrel » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Still getting used to the format of this forum sorry if there's an easier way to do this :lol:
I was torn between it and an Orange TH30, and very happy I went with the AC30
Bluesky and El Capistan, they had the Moog delay I was contemplating buying as well but the El Capistan put it to shame haha

MythicSquirrel

Postby Blastoise » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Found an old recording of a song that I wrote for a friend's short film for a class. Recorded around February/March of this year. Don't know why we didn't use it at the time, there was probably something small and nit-picky that I didn't like. Really liking it now though, we'll probably use it for the documentary that I mentioned before.

Blastoise

Postby momjeans » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:33 pm

i make dancey pop inspired electronic

also always looking for collaborations (especially with vocalists) so if anyone is interested let me know.

momjeans

Postby agvs » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:29 am

So close to finishing my album. I've got all the rough mixes done. Now I have to tweak. It's such a monumental, grueling task. I love recording and creating. I hate mixing and all the technical details that need to be done at the end of the process. I'm not particularly good at it. It's taken me way longer than I thought because I'm pretty strapped for time these days.

This whole process got me thinking, why do I do this? Why do I devote so much time to something that like 20 people will hear? It's an easy answer. I truly love making music. It's real, pure love of something and it makes me really happy to know I have that.

Anyway I'll post it here when it's done. Looking like sometime in January at this point. About 3 months behind my schedule but it's not like I have a record company breathing down my neck to finish so whatever.

agvs

Postby momjeans » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:29 pm

i feel weird bc i just plugged my music on here but i just finished a new song and its up on sc

would love comments and critiques!

@unwashedmolasses lol i totally hear what ur saying about the christmas jingle now whoops. thanks for the comments btw.

momjeans

Postby nick » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Hey, anyone up for a care-tags e-jam? I've discovered there's a lot solutions now that allow people to jam latency free (??) provided they've got an interface and all that. I do everything through REAPER - looks like they've got a solution http://www.cockos.com/ninjam/ but I see theres other ones such as http://www.jamkazam.com/ as well. any suggestions?

If anyone wants to give it a shot let me know! it'd be mad fun.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby nick » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Anyone drum ~ that would definitely give the players needed.

I'm learning how to drum now on a e-kit and some online lessons. I'm really enjoying it. Having them plugged into Superior Drummer = awesome sound too

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby hamburgerlady » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:59 pm

current set-up. can you tell i love distortion pedals?
still need to get another patch cable for 's pedal.
very happy with it. looking to get a boss bf-2 flanger and maybe either the hall of fame or boss rv-5 next.

hamburgerlady

Postby vgtbls » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:59 am

Made this last night, turned out decently. First attempt at something more structured than my idiotic live sets. Includes: Omarion, Zebra Katz, Florence, Life Sim, Rich fellow teen Quan, Cashmere Cat, Mariah Carey, Lil Wayne, and Tielsie.

vgtbls

Postby bobo77 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:44 am

Just got back into playing bass guitar the past couple weeks after a long break from bass guitar and music in general. Playing a show this weekend with a temporary half-joke band for a school showcase, but I'm finding I really love rehearsing and practicing. It's such great stress relief, it feels great to be doing things where I can see tangible results of effort relatively quickly. I'm also taking a music class this semester for an art requirement on Jazz (not a performance class, more a history class), and it's inspiring me to get back into music on a more regular level.

bobo77

Postby agvs » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Got my album done (finally)! It's available at a bunch of places (itunes, google, spotify, etc.) but you can find all relevant info here . The whole thing is also on soundcloud, first track is here:

agvs

Postby nick » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:55 pm

Neat stuff , I dig it. Self produced? Sounds great - congrats!!

Also, care-tags, if we all band together to play this album on repeat on Spotify overnight, every night, we might just be able to get him a quarter in royalties.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby agvs » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 am

Thanks. Yeah, self produced. Self everything. DIY or die.

agvs

Postby venilla » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 am

just bought a yamaha fg700s. used to play the clarinet for 3 yrs, but the only instrument i have at home currently is this spongebob recorder i bought from toys r us using a giftcard. i wanted an electric, but amps + pedals =$$$$ and i need the money to spend on a new laptop

venilla

Postby Bootz_Rex » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:40 am

Video from a show last night.

Bootz_Rex

Postby Bootz_Rex » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:18 am

Bootz_Rex

Postby finolino » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:04 pm

hey, fellow drummers! so, over spring break, i've had a ton of free time on my hands so i decided to pick up my old drum kit and start playing again. it's been fun so far (plus being part of a band in college next fall will be cool too), but i've run into a little bit of a problem along the way.

for the past few weeks, i've just been playing along to the same three albums over and over: analphabetapolothology by cap'n jazz, animals by ttng, and vas deferens by sirs. it's nice and all, but it's time for some variety. do any drummers out there (and everyone else too) have any recommendations for fast-paced modern emo albums with a few fills here and there that are fun to drum along to? thanks in advance!

finolino

Postby nexus6 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm mostly known in the industry for co-producing and making hip-hop instrumentals such as: http://www.datpiff.com/MoveM3nt-MoveM3n ... 75177.html On the side I've been playing keys/piano and drums since I was about 9-10, then I picked up guitar when I was about 12-13, and alto-sax lately (I'm 23 at the moment). I'm really into synthesis, so if anyone's interested in this subject here, then feel free to hit me up.

PS: Vangelis.

nexus6

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:23 am

glad to see this thread semi-revived.

so these past few months have been really outrageous with my collecting...
here are my two guitars i've gotten since November that i'm proud of and are my favorites to play:

Fender Classic Player Special Jazzmaster (MIM).
all stock but I'm planning on putting in Curtis Novak pickups, and (possibly) either a staytrem or mastery bridge.

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang (MIJ, Dakota Red, Matching Headstock).
all stock as well except i'm swapping out the tuners for kluson creme-head ones.
also gonna put it some seymour duncan antiquity II's in there.

i'll also post an updated rig when i have the time, my pedal-board has grown IMMENSELY since November.

hamburgerlady

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:58 pm

long shot but is your avatar a drawing of the lead singer of eastern youth ?

sorry for off topic post but I have to know lol

BIGBEE

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:24 am

:

it plays really really well!
was fortunate enough to purchase it from someone off craigslist for 700$, basically unused and was recently set-up.
i really love this guitar, the warmth of the rosewood fretboard is really great, and abusing the tremolo opens up a lot of options for me.
i don't mind the stock pick-ups actually, but i imagine the curtis novaks (jm-v in the neck, jm-90 in the bridge) will add so much more to it.

damn that shit got sold yesterday i think. well, i'd like to get a vintage american or japanese jazzmaster in the future.

BUT, for now i'm very satisfied with my set-up.

hamburgerlady

Postby hamburgerlady » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:10 pm

made this today in the afternoon, really really liking this so far and hoping to expand on it more.
no effects aside from the boost for the "solo" parts.

hamburgerlady

Postby nick » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 am

Any good resources out there for learning basic keyboard w/ the theory to go along with it? Not trying to play Bach, just chords. Mostly so I can write stuff for hip hop production.

nick
Eminent Eminem

PreviousNext

Return to Care