[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - I need a (wo)man with a certain set of skills...

I need a (wo)man with a certain set of skills...

Off topic

I need a (wo)man with a certain set of skills...

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:52 pm

I have a (fashion) based idea for a website but I have no web dev or design skills to implement it. I've spoken to companies about creating it, and in all honesty I feel like I'd be an idiot if I trusted someone to build something without myself or someone else knowing how it got made.

As it stands, I either do something with it soon or take it to one of the companies I work for and let them run with it.

Do any of you guys fancy partnering up? It's not me just musing over 'trends' - I have strong evidence this will work.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Re: I need a (wo)man with a certain set of skills...

Postby bels » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Would love to but in honesty probably don't have enough web dev specific experience. If it's relatively straight forward backend that you need I could probably work it out though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:11 pm

I'm way too rusty at web dev right now and probably couldn't offer any real time to a project I'm afraid

Syeknom

Postby neon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Oh hey this is what I'm working on learning right now, but I don't know if I have enough experience for what you're looking for.

neon

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:34 pm

what kind of project is this, and how extensive is the technical/design work for it for? is the technical/design work potentially interesting and valuable for someone working with you?

i have a reasonable amount of web development + design experience in the sense that i'm quite good at making anything static (HTML/CSS/js) and could probably finagle some backend stuff together

schiaparelli

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Yeah, it'll be interesting, but the back end wont be ground breaking. In fact, the whole project might seem strange in that something similar exists, although what's out there isn't working/done right, and there's a blindingly obvious missed opportunity I can see.

Essentially it's a photo sharing site, where you have an album of photos that you can tag with different descriptions. You can follow other peoples albums, and share your own. A photo social network.

... except that's not actually it at all. That's the only way I can describe what it is without giving the game away.

I put the whole thing to bed a couple of months ago after mocking up all the conceptual art work, but today I thought 'fuck it, let's try once more'. I've just had someone else contact me saying they're interested so maybe this time around I can at least take it as far as a mock up?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby hooplah » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 pm

i was reading your post and i got to "something similar exists" and i thought to myself, "please be p*******t but better, please be p*******t but better." is that it?

shit did i just give the game away

okay wait i edited out what i was thinking of with asterisks of secrecy

hooplah

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm not taking on pintrest, but I agree with you. I really want to use it, but it's just so shit.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby hooplah » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:07 pm

i use it with some regularity, but it just recently did this thing where it started flooding my feed with people who have, at any point, pinned an image that i have also pinned and now my feed is flooded with the bullshit that comprises 99.99999% of pinterest (manicures, cupcakes, ugly fucking clothes, etc). it fucking sucks

hooplah

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:47 pm

A good reason why I can't stand it. I already know what a red velvet cake, graffiti, and cork wedge soled heels look like.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:22 am

you guys i love pinterest i don't care what anyone says

that said, i think they definitely need to work on filtering frontpage content better so there are more relevant things to users. this is a general problem for everyone who uses pinterest and has taste and doesn't want to plan a wedding with ombré DIY bouquets and modcloth dresses and i think they're working on it

schiaparelli

Postby bels » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:58 am

Bobbin about to snap and do a graffiti of shoes with red velvet cake wedge soles and then take a pic and upload it to pintrest and watch their servers burn.

bels
Yung Winona

Return to Care