[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Summer Break Stories

Summer Break Stories

Off topic

Re: Summer Break Stories

Postby bels » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:19 am

I lost my mind developing a cryptic interactive narrative that entertained heck a wheel for about ten minutes.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pheaj » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:26 am

Did summer classes + applied for a lot of co-op stuff -> got interviews -> but no job :( And I lost power for like 40 hours and just sat at home getting salty.

pheaj

Postby meatjacket » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:49 am

I had an amazing summer!!!

Definitely my favorite part of this summer was a meetup i had w a couple of my friends including 'Cowboy'/Lucas where we were planning to go to Jacob's Well together and spend the whole day there. When we got to JW, we were told that we had to make a reservation for each of us and we could only swim for 2 hours. So we left and drove for about 30 mins to another area my friend Johnny knew well, a place called Pedernales Falls State Park. A beautiful area and definitely recommend checking it out! It was about $6 there compared to $9 per person at JW. The water was fresh, clean and clear. It was just so amazing and beautiful. It was huge too! Tons of areas to go explore and we spent the whole day there (about 8 hours i believe) in only two small parts so it is defintely something i plan on coming back to. Johnny took us to a "secret" location not necessarily pointed out on the map. It was two small lakes, each with a waterfall and cliffs to jump from. I'm a wuss and didn't jump from the 15ft cliff, but i did jump from the smaller one.

[youtube]watch?v=fXd1q9Erqo0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

We stayed there for about an hour before i threw some metal rod i found and cut myself pretty badly. I needed stitches but i did not want to send the group home early so we just put butterfly stitches, wrapped it up and moved to another area. This time we were at a river with several rapids and rope swings! Very fun time and this is where we spent the rest of our trip.

Around sunset, we packed up all our stuff and realized we hadnt taken very many pictures, especially with each other. Which i guess was a good thing because we were enjoying it for the moment, not really worrying about out phones and camera. We took a group photo and got in the car.

Seriously the best time i've ever had with a group of our friends! We felt closer together when we were eating than we did eating with our own families.

To all my friends, Thank you so so so much! Really appreciate all the good times we had. I know we're all in different stages in our lives but i hope moving forward will be easy for you all.

I love you guys.

CARETAGS! Enjoy the pics I took. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as i did taking them.

Last edited by meatjacket on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
meatjacket

Postby meatjacket » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:16 am

Traded my 98 contour for a 2004 Dodge ram.

Grandpa can't be climbing up into that truck anymore at his age so he'd rather have my car. Really great trade because there's very few miles on it for as long as he's had it so there's really nothing wrong with it :-)

i love it! now im a real texas cowboy

Last edited by Syeknom on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image size
meatjacket

Postby nevergreen » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:29 am

i went to the beach a lot and went on a bunch of hikes it was cool

nevergreen

Postby Bunnies » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:30 am

Went to Japan and copped grails.

Bunnies

Postby ynnrz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:57 am

ynnrz

Postby Syeknom » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:30 am

Things are great and I'm cheerful

Syeknom

Postby Ques » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:26 am

I arrived in China less than 24 hours ago, spending the next year here woo

Ques

Postby brlmski » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:51 am

spent all summer nice comment on the guestbook

brlmski

Postby sknss » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:14 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby blanket » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:33 am

craig green x care tags

blanket

Postby lostie » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 am

Last edited by lostie on Sun May 05, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostie

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:10 am

I am in college now
it is scary
ily c-t

e: also I got a tattoo and wrecked my car :heck:

Last edited by harmsalmon on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
harmsalmon

Postby silvaeri » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:11 am

i graduated and got a real job. adult life sucks. house hunting is awful. i was almost homeless. ended up not homeless. rode a lot of bikes. drank a lot of beer. crashed a bunch of bikes. had a tree get dropped on me. all in all a+ summer.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby oucho » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:50 am

put my body to work like a piece of industrial machinery laying waste to huge swathes of land so that my mum can plant flowers

oucho

Postby teck » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:57 am

I'm in my thirties.

Summer is exactly the same as winter is exactly the same as autumn is exactly the same as spring.

There is no cessation of the crushing routine of life.

No summer break until the summer break of oblivion.

The only marking of the passage of time is that found in the slowly failing hourglass that is your own body.

I went to the beach a few times.

teck

Postby silvaeri » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 pm

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby soko » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Worked my first job teaching pottery at a summer camp. Pay was shit and work was tiring but the kids were fun and I made lots of stuff and read a few books. Made me realize how great school is compared to slaving away for minimal pay

soko

Postby kindofyoung » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:23 pm

I somehow passed all my exams from last year

Got a haircut, finally :woop:

Have been working on the houses my family are building

Haven't really bought anything all summer, except food, lots of food (lack of real kitchen, caused by the above mentioned building of houses)

Had some good times with friends

Got my H&M linen suit jacket stolen

Missed care-tags dearly, glad to be back

kindofyoung

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Went to see Andy Stott do a night in Manchester but didn't get in because the bouncer wouldn't believe my actual ID, I'm 20.

Volunteered at Green Man festival (free entry yee), saw some totally rad bands, got high on shift (just before my supervisor showed up lmao) and met Father John Misty which was cool. Hitting End of The Road in a couple of days for another round of white, indie debauchery.

Went to Edinburgh Fringe and saw The Flaming Lips play a relatively small concert while up there, it was a crazy gig and I'm p sure Wayne Coyne was wearing an Elka jacket or something. I met this beautiful american girl in the crowd, we hit it off, spent the rest of the night together and then both left town pretty much the next day. I have her number but I'm not counting on ever seeing her again which is sad because she was actually pretty fun to be with. Still, I'm glad it happened, it was nice being with someone whose company I actually enjoyed on more than one level. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited by DeafIdiotGod on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeafIdiotGod

Postby Indieguy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Graduated from Upper Secondary (Gymnasieskola in swedish but whatever), became hot meat, hooked up with a girl at my school's graduation party went train-bumming for a few weeks, started working (a lot), started dating the previous girl, worked even more (like a ridiculous amount. Something like 80 hours in a week.) Also started smoking unfortunately...

Indieguy

Postby tzar » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:19 pm

The highlight of my summer was by far winning the Ultimate Frisbee U19 Youth Club Championships with my team from DC. Being a national champ is pretty cool for a couple days but then you realize its Ultimate Frisbee and nobody cares.

Fake Gucci, that's that shit I don't like.
tzar

Postby ratchetkoala » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:20 pm

I learned more about c-t over summer break than the entire year I've been a member.

|
ratchetkoala

Postby dull » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 pm

yesssssss, its back.
i just made a ktt account because i needed to be back on a forum.
i finished 2 classes online with good grades and worked.
went to a few concerts.
didnt touch a girl the entire summer.
friend went off to the art institute of chicago (good luck bud).
started senior year.
its getting colder.
cuffing season approaching.

dull

Postby mahi-mahi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Went with my mom to all her radiation appointments. Things are getting better so I turned out alright. Called some architecture firms and they did not call me back, but I'll keep at it.

Y'all are my people.

mahi-mahi

Postby carraigs » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:37 am

went to 50 gigs

carraigs

Postby Bryan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:55 am

i had a girlfriend but she broke up with me

i also got a job but thats about it tbh glad u back c-t love u

wya
Bryan

Postby finolino » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:11 am

at the regional swim meet missed my state cut in the 400im (...) by 0.2 seconds smfh

also have a girlfriend for the first time in 18 years. not sure how that happened

hope you all had a wonderful holiday

also, super excited to do more here now that college leaves me with extremely free time!

finolino

Postby CPV1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 am

Went to Burgundy, Paris and New York which were all nice and chill. Did bare raving in London.

CPV1

PreviousNext

Return to Care