[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Summer Break Stories

Summer Break Stories

Off topic

Re: Summer Break Stories

Postby radicalbusiness » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm

worked two jobs and commuted to school for summer class. basically i'm now on break so just this last week I copped some amazing stuff, hiked to hot springs with my brothers, moved into a new house, and got my wisdom teeth removed (literally 4 hours ago). washington state is now slightly less on fire and my sister in law is pregnant so things are pretty great!

radicalbusiness

Postby Suquida » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm back at the hospital again (and thankfully not laying in a bed this time) and I met a new girl and she plays the guitar and sings and likes brand new so that's pretty neato

Things are good, hi again

Suquida

Postby freddy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Participated in research studies
Hung out a lot
Did background work for a major movie
Played a bit of volleyball

8/10 summer

freddy

Postby Stolsdos » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:24 pm

Started and ended a relationship because I moved to Austin and started college.
Didn't do too much sitting alone in my room, just a lot of hanging out with friends and working.
Summer was alright.

Stolsdos

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 pm

This was my best and most eventful summer ever.

Last edited by BobbyZamora on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B)
BobbyZamora

Postby austo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:44 am

Changed my major for the third time

Helped friends move from Socal to Humboldt

Played a lot of MTG

Went to FYF fest, cried during D'Angelo's set because it was too beautiful

austo

Postby michaelmao » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:08 am

picked up photography somewhat over the summer. sold my t5i to fund a camera that is an absolute blast to shoot with (fuji xt1)

did a whole lot of nothing aside from that which i'm happy about cause i got to spend it with a ton of cool people - especially one in particular.

michaelmao

Postby birdman caw » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:11 am

worked crazy hours at soul-breaking serving job and soul-building cooking job

went to japan and met cool internet people

quit serving job

moved out of shitty apartment

roadtripped across US with gf to mom's place

moved into new place

started last semester at uni

9/10

birdman caw

Postby stappard_ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:24 am

I went to a 4th July party and showed the correct level of excitement

At a later date I did a crossword

stappard_

Postby === » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:46 am

i
had my car break down a few times
met some new friends & lost some old ones
registered for college
ate my first jamaican patty

B)
===

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:12 pm

played a lot of guitar, spent a lot of time on my couch.
started/still working at a newly opened japanese restaurant.
during july i went to LA/SF for a week, i can see why everyone loves it there so much.
met a few people, had some fun, back to full time school/work.

hamburgerlady

Postby yourdad » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:10 am

finished my last semester of school
locked my boss' keys in her car
started looking for a place so i can move out

yourdad

Postby pips » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:30 am

Realized current work is shit so I quit after four years.

Cant remember much of what actually happened the past two or so months but I remember feeling the absolute worst so I guess it hadnt been good.

pips

Postby CMYK » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:10 am

GF broke up with me. Went on a nice little hedonistic bender.

Got a raise/promotion at work.

Moved into an awesome new place with two of my best friends.

8/10

CMYK

Postby JewTurk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:25 am

Drove around the west coast with a friend after spending a month in Flag for a summer program. Went to the Del Mar fair then up to SF, down through Flagstaff and back to Tucson. All moved in on campus in Flagstaff, school.

San Francisco:

Adult Cabaret (bad idea):

House Show:

Girlfriend moved to CZ, we knew we weren't going to do long distance but it's still been really hard. School has helped clear my mind/occupy me though. Read All the Pretty Horses (way better than expected), On the Road, Just Mercy (stevenson), The Rosie Project and I reread Inherent Vice. Didn't get to take too many pictures this summer because I was saving money to get a DSLR.

JewTurk

Postby Blastoise » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Moved into my first apartment, developed carpal tunnel and had to take a break from drums, read some old wild west novels, ate ice cream, played a lot of guitar.

Blastoise

Postby adiabatic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm on the old-man unbroken-monotony schedule along with teck. That said, I'm still losing weight and got rid of a lot of XL shirts and size-36 shorts. Now I'm wearing Large shirts and size-34 shorts.

This newfangled slim-fit stuff doesn't look like ass if you're not fat. I dislike it less now.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby popcorn » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 pm

I spent two weeks at Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD) largely surrounded by women (strong +) and made a few lasting of friends in Texas, esp. the San Antonio area.

Learned from my roommate Marcus about camping, crossfit, photography, and losing yourself on the dancefloor, and traded back my immersive knowledge of fashion, music, and unimportant nerdy things.

Came out of summer healthier, happier, and more of an adult. Job coming soon.

popcorn

Postby RycePooding » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Summer isn't HOVA is it?

RycePooding

Postby magnakai » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:58 am

Don't do that again guys, significantly reduced my preferred lurking spots.

Main things were that I passed my driving test, went to Thailand, and bought a car. I've maybe got my first conference talk lined up too.

magnakai

Postby sparkyoriental » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Heyyy guys!

I had a great summer.
- Started a full-time Adult Job, it's ok
- Started grad school for something I'm actually interested in, love it
- personal life is going great
- started training for a half marathon
- went to Seattle/Portland, it was alright
- lost all interest in fashion/style, loving it

sparkyoriental

Postby arcticsound » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Feels weird to have C-T back, I almost forgot about it.

This summer has been weird. I've moved like twice due to poor planning and, imo, bad luck and now I've got to move again at the end of this month :( Aside from being stressed from that it's been good though. Saw Kanye and spent a day in Montreal in July, I got a sweet job at one of those restaurants where you eat in the dark (perfect for a goth bb like me), and I've been DJing more/partying probably too much. It feels nice to finally be finding a spot in the scene here and it's already leading to some cool opportunities. One of my really good friends from back home recently moved here as well so that's awesome.

I've kind of liked being a little distanced from internet fashion stuff so I might not post here much, but I figured I'd say hi at least :heck:

arcticsound

Postby donut_milk » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:54 pm

I went to Denver to attend a conference. I didn't understand the majority of the talks but I met some great people.

Got a job and worked there for 4 weeks because surprise! My bf got a new job so we upped and moved from LA to Xanadu where we now reside. Been great so far but the job hunt continues!

Other than that: lazy days at home doing lots of reading and self-studying.

donut_milk

Postby shar pei » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:19 am

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby bird.in.flight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:32 am

^i hung out with pei and we got tomato ramen

bird.in.flight

Postby shar pei » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:46 pm

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby bobo77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:41 am

worked and got my yaper up
interned and built my resume
barely saw people my own age lmao

bobo77

Postby chilljin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:05 pm

got my first 3 chest hairs fck ye

chilljin

Postby charybdis » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:29 am

I kept putting off writing to germinal for two months and then afterwards felt so guilty about it for another five months that I pretended it was a problem that didn't exist. Which, I guess, could be a metaphor for my life.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Previous

Return to Care