[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Tech-yes!

Tech-yes!

Off topic

Tech-yes!

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:30 pm

bird.in.flight

Re: Future Sound of Detroit

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:04 pm

gr8 interview

BIGBEE

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:10 pm

yeah that moodymann lecture is pretty great, he's a real character

probably my favourite RBMA lecture, house/techno or otherwise is this theo parrish one i uploaded (there's also one in russia where he chops up stuff live on his MPC), he's such an insightful and passionate speaker

this moritz von oswald one is good too

i really want RBMA to do one with either regis or surgeon

bird.in.flight

Postby Stolsdos » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:14 pm

I can't believe I didn't make this thread already. Thanks man.

Stolsdos

Postby nevergreen » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:24 pm

i saw the last 45 minutes of adam beyer's set the other night and it was fuckin nuts. and after that was nicole moudaber. god i love techno.

nevergreen

Postby arcticsound » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:02 am

oh shit

been into stuff like this lately

arcticsound

Postby bird.in.flight » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:17 am

copped my tickets to this today, should be great

bird.in.flight

Postby arcticsound » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:31 pm

This has some gems in it

arcticsound

Postby CPV1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:56 am

Went to this on Thursday.
Really great night. Been to Dance Tunnel so many times and never had a bad time. Probably in the top 3 FWDs I've been to maybe. It was mostly just dark, stompy, "UK-sounding" techno. But they also mixed in a bit of dubstep (obviously), funky, "nu-grime", breakbeat hardcore and jungle. Fuckin' good DJs to be honest.

Remember this one going down pretty nicely.

Heading to this in the day today.

And this as the after party.
Haven't seen Boddika for ages so really looking forward to that.

And then maybe this for Sunday morning if I've still got the energy.
But I kinda hope I won't. Do quite want to see Zadig though.

So yeah, pretty nice weekend.

CPV1

Postby arcticsound » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:18 pm

fuck that's an insane weekend.

arcticsound

Re: Techno

Postby arcticsound » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:47 pm

if you've been living under a rock

arcticsound

Postby sen2 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:41 am

New Happa

sen2

Postby bird.in.flight » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:29 am

bird.in.flight

Postby arcticsound » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:50 pm

hey techno friends, for a blog, check it out (smiling) it has a bunch of tape stuff (1080p, Lobster Theremin, etc.)

arcticsound

Postby Stolsdos » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:35 pm

That group of labels has been pushing out some top notch shit, and I'm going to being play a lot more of them in the future. We've got Patricia on heavy rotation right now with his Bem Inventory release, we just can't get tired of it.

Stolsdos

Postby arcticsound » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Love Patricia. Bem Inventory and Body Issues are such great releases. Opal Tapes is one of the best labels around, most of my favorite techno releases come from them these days (Perfume Advert, BAT, J. Albert). The one thing about these tape labels is that lots of the tracks are hard to fit into a non-specialized DJ mix since the fidelity is all over the place. You really have to worry about how the tracks are going to sound beside each other in a way that you don't usually have to with a normal techno/house set where most of the tracks are held up to more or less a standard audio quality.

arcticsound

Postby bird.in.flight » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:04 pm

yeah, for all the trash-talk it gets, "lobster therememe" is definitely one of the most interesting and consistent labels atm - the new royer record that just came out sounds pretty great

also, speaking of opal tapes, thought it was kind of funny this got funding from the government, can't wait to hear him do his thing live

bird.in.flight

Postby arcticsound » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:25 am

You kind of have to ignore the internet (especially /mu/ and such) when it comes to electronic music. Like, ask any dude who talks about OT or LT like they're old memes or w/e when the last time they heard a tune from either labels in a club and they'll dodge the entire question because they don't actually go to clubs in the first place. If you're a DJ and you like LT releases, then play them. People will respond to the fact that you're into it and probably not even realize you're playing "internet Jarvis music".

And yeah I agree, that Basic House thing looks crazy. In my experience, stuff like that goes over really well live if the crowd is into it. I've seen Stefan Jos, FDG, Huerco S., Terekke, Antenes, and J. Albert all kill it for the right crowds. Not the biggest crowds, but the people who were there were very into it.

arcticsound

Postby arcticsound » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:44 pm

while we're on the subject of tape/atmospheric stuff, these new Perfume Advert snippits are sounding really nice

arcticsound

Postby KLF » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:23 am

KLF

Re: Tech-yes!

Postby arcticsound » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:53 pm

if anyone is just chilling at home today i'm doing the first episode of my new radio show at 3:00 EST. it's on a local internet station, you can listen at www.wearetrp.com. Pacific Rhythm has their show right before mine (Khotin is doing a guest mix today), and Sergio Levels of New Kanada is on right after me as well so it's gonna be a fun afternoon.

arcticsound

Postby Stolsdos » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm going to go ahead and plug my less impressive internet radio show along with . It's on from 5-7pm, so as I'm posting this haha.

Stolsdos

Postby arcticsound » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:24 pm

we should trade mixes sometime!
here's the show if you wanna check it out https://www.mixcloud.com/trparchives/hu ... r-11-2015/

arcticsound

Postby arcticsound » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:37 pm

dis hard

arcticsound

Postby nevergreen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:11 pm

seeing nicole moudaber and adam beyer is always such a treat so daaaaaaark

nevergreen

Postby arcticsound » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:56 pm

played at some random bro bar last night and started with a bunch of disco to cleanse the place before easing into some acid and people went nuts and danced til the end. love when crowds surprise you

arcticsound

Postby Stolsdos » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:11 pm

yo i made a little mix on my radio show's mixcloud(https://www.mixcloud.com/edmwillieburnsinhell/mix-1/) for practice as my show starts next week. Take a listen if you'd like, I'm mainly looking for feedback! Thanks!

Stolsdos

Postby nevergreen » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:03 am

wow can't believe Fabric is really closing its door. so much history in that club. i'm sad i'll never be able to dance in it

nevergreen

Postby nope » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:15 am

It's pretty nuts. The fact that something as massive as Fabric isn't safe really shows how fucked clubs in general are in London at the moment. Sadiq Khan (new mayor of London) has promised to "protect nightlife" whatever that means, and is creating a new position for "night czar" to advocate for these kind of things. Doesn't really seem to be having much effect though. Property developers b2b The Met b2b awful local councils is a pretty serious combo.

On the other hand: despite the undeniable history, a great soundsystem, and surprisingly good bookings Fabric was pretty bad and I haven't actually been in years. Slightly limits how upset I can get about the whole thing. Get back to me when the bastards shut Corsica Studios, then I'll be in full wailing / gnashing of teeth mode.

Edit:

Last edited by nope on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
nope

Postby nope » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:16 am

Incidentally "gnashing of teeth" would be a good name for a tedious industrial techno / "rhythmic noise" act if anyone's got one on the go atm. You'll have a record out on Hospital before you can say "Jeff Mills didn't die on the cross for this".

nope

Next

Return to Care