yoyobeat draws comics, and other comics too i guess

Off topic

Re: yoyobeat draws comics, and other comics too i guess

Postby birdman caw » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:01 am

Island is the best comic anthology I've ever read and contains some of the most thought-provoking, shocking, terrifying, uplifting, hilarious, entertaining comics under the sun. Artists reaching for that good good and by-and-large acquiring that good good. Produced by Brandon Graham (of King City, Prophet, and Multiple Warheads fame + some really funny and hot erotica) and Emma Rios (you should fuck heavy with Pretty Deadly). I picked up the first five issues for like $7.99 a piece so like 40bux total which I guess you could spend on clothes etc. but this is some of the most educational stuff I've gotten my hands on and I highly recommend you get your hands on it too.

birdman caw

Postby odradek » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:22 pm

odradek

Postby Northwest » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:22 am

Only got into comics in past year or so? Image fanboy through and through but who else puts out content like them?

Titles well worth your time:
Prophet (The largest scope sci-fi epic possible. Examines whether the universal legacy of man will be violence or compassion. Biology as weaponry)
DMZ (Mil-surp, tacticool inspo for miles if that's your thing. Made war and insurgency immediate in the midst of the Iraq War)
Deadly Class (5 stars, easily my top five series. Remender has a way with expressing depression and anxiety in context. Style inspo for days.)
East of West (Mythological, political, sci-fi mayhem. So much fun. Anyone could die.)
Southern Bastards (Football noir. So, so good. Systems of power and influence and their victims.)
Head Lopper (Light hearted fantasy where heads are removed from bodies frequently.)
Low (Aquatic sci-fi. Where does radical optimism get you when the sun started expanding too soon?)
The Black Monday Murders (The occult meets economics. Numbers as the first universal language. I like where it's headed.)
Transmetropolitan (Weaponized journalism and an examination of speaking truth to power, and to your fellow man.)
Preacher (Do you hate religion? Do you hate some aspects of American culture? Take a look at why on a road trip with a vampire and John Wayne.)
Tokyo Ghost (Sci-fi that could use a whole lot less sex and a whole lot more of the beautiful illustrations. Addicts and addiction.)
Scalped (An epic noir spanning two generations of loss and confusion on the rez. A search for identity in the desert. Often beautiful and heartbreaking.)
Anything Ed Brubaker is involved in. Kill or Be Killed is his current series. (Surprise surprise! Let's examine depression, delusions, and morality.)

Northwest

Previous

Return to Care