[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Off topic

Re: Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Postby hooplah » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:38 pm

never actually been into bikes but goddamn

http://www.banditnine.com/

hooplah

Postby bels » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:17 am

Feel like this thread should just be merged into the feeltalk thread.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:57 pm

I love motorbikes, but they're so dangerous. I had one while I worked abroad and I LOVED it - I wanted to bring it back to the UK but it just didn't work out.

The Honda '67 (this one isn't mine, because my phone was nicked, but it's exactly the same)

We had some good times, although I'm half glad I couldn't bring it over.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby teck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:11 pm

i have a fantasy of riding motorbikes across the United States.

im surprised we havent talked about fixies. anyone ride? i did for the longest time. i had very aggro Felt TK2 and crashed it a few times commuting like a dumb hipster before selling it. i sometimes toy about getting into track cycling because i have decent leg strength and it would give me a reason to buy track bikes.

teck

Postby rjbman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:09 pm

How often should one's avatar be changed?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby charybdis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 pm

I feel like it's a trend thing. Where one person changes their avatar and it becomes a chain reaction.

It's kind of fun.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 pm

how often do you change your jeans
or underwear

whenever you want, man

schiaparelli

Postby charybdis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:56 pm

ramdom not fashion thought:

It's really good to have schiaparelli back in my life.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby ballast » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:31 am

ballast

Postby starfox64 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:47 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby can- » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:04 am

the good news is that Brooklyn is awesome

can-

Postby starfox64 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:50 am

First off, that article reminded me of this

The neighborhood where I live in Seoul (Itaewon) is rapidly changing, with foreigners and shitty goods that cater to tourists and American GI's being pushed out in favor of upscale bars and restaurants. It used to be a hub of prostitution, but that's also being cleaned up. Well, actually, all of Korea is a hub of prostitution, and it's being cleaned up all over the place (huge red light districts being shut down, etc.), but Itaewon is/was an area that catered to non-traditional prostitutes (gay, trans, ones for foreigners) and that's being phased out. I came to Korea on vacation once during 2008 and in that time the area has changed a lot and become a lot nicer place to hang out on weekends, even though it still has the kind of grimy foreigner stigma, it's a popular place for like yuppie Koreans to come. One the one hand, it sucks that rent is really going up, but on the other hand it's nice to be able to find some decent foreign food, even if it costs 50% more than a similar Korean dish. Regardless, though, it's probably better to call this development or redevelopment than gentrification, as there is not the same kind of racial undertones that I associate with 'gentrification'.

Also, every time I read an article about like fucking hipsters ruining things, I wonder, "am I a hipster? am I ruining things?" Then I think about the things that I enjoy, and I realize that I am probably one of the fucking hipsters that everyone complains about, even if I don't have an ironic mustache or ride a fixie.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 am

Vancouver has a similar situation with the expansion of gastown (historic industrial area turned trendy high end neighbourhood) farther east into the downtown east side (4 block radius containing the vast majority of homeless people/safe injection sites/low income housing in the city).

Difference between this and what they're talking about in Paris/seoul is that there's basically nothing to be displaced. That restaurant opened in a vacant lot.

ramseames

Postby starfox64 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 am

link is broken for me.

isn't haven in gastown?

starfox64

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:17 am

Different article but it should work.

Haven, Roden gray, inventory, neighbour, stussy, livestock, etc are all in gastown. Haven is relocating from their current temporary store to a location on the far east edge of the neighborhood, coincidentally.

ramseames

Postby teck » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:33 am

teck

Postby RycePooding » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 am

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do next year. Options:

Bicycle with a tent for a while and see where that takes me.

Find a job.

Go to school for something I'm not sure I want to do.

Move to Boston (or somewhere that I know a couple people) and see what happens.

Thoughts?

RycePooding

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

ryce

what do you want to do in life
what intrigues and enthralls you
what do you need in your life or you will be miserable
what kind of people do you become a better, more interesting person around
what kind of work can you stomach and even enjoy doing as a 9-to-5 or whatever crazy schedule college kids are on

personally i'm a fan of anything that doesn't involve incurring student loans without deliberate reason and conviction

schiaparelli

Postby sknss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:11 pm

DO NOT GO TO SCHOOL WITHOUT A CLEAR IDEA OF WHAT YOU WANT TO DO
I REPEAT
DO NOT GO TO SCHOOL WITHOUT A CLEAR IDEA OF WHAT YOU WANT TO DO

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby RycePooding » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:14 pm

There's so much pressure to 'do something with my life already'.

But I'm 23.

That's young as hell, right?

RycePooding

Postby can- » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:17 pm

yeah dude u have so much time. 20s are your odyssey years. doing anything but nothing will be productive

can-

Postby teck » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 pm

shit man im in my thirties and every day is a opportunity to remake myself.

teck

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Life: Do what the hell you want until you have someone who depends on you.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:14 pm

You guys are all so great.

RycePooding

Postby smiles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:22 pm

if i dont get into the schools i want next year im planning to bum out hard in nyc or londontown.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby parastexis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm still in school but most of my friends have graduated and are working. Just like that they've become boring and I get the sense they're comfortable and have found routine that they will follow throughout their remaining youth. I don't think you should have to do something and to me living in the moment is better than getting ahead a few years.

parastexis

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 pm

i don't know what i'm going to do with my life after i graduate

i don't know what i want to do

i guess i just don't know

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:30 am

i've always wanted to pursue art (digital painting, concept art) but it's an incredibly hard field of work to get in to and i get frustrated by my results every time i try and draw or make something

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby kewks » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:28 am

i think after i graduate i'm going to try and move to tennessee to be with my boyfriend. i really don't want to live in the middle of nowhere though so it'll have to be knoxville or nashville, hopefully.

i feel very tied down with the job that i have right now though.

kewks

Postby smiles » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:45 am

Londoners. How much money might I expect to bring/spend for a Week in London. Including food and transport but not Accommodation.

300 pounds? 400?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

PreviousNext

Return to Care