[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Off topic

Re: Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Postby maj » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:31 am

you can get a travel card for the tube for £8 a day so i'm guessing a week one will be cheaper as far as travel goes. food can be cheap depending the level you want to eat, but i'd say like £25 a day and you could get some good food from my visits.

£300 is a nice benchmark, tho you could spend easily spend less if you were on a tighter budget, this is from my experience with the place

maj

Postby bels » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:34 am

7 day travel card is 55

Pret a mange or eat meal (for lunch) is about 7

For dinner i don't know London that well but I imagine you should be able to eat out well for 15 -20 pounds? less if you get burgers every day probably.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 am

EAT do amazingly tasty toasties, I was raving to an unconvinced germ about them

Can eat out in Gerrard St (chinatown) really cheap but I guess you'd want western food for a change, smiles

£20-30 a day for food and (non alcoholic) drinks seems reasonable.

Syeknom

Postby charybdis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:34 am

Got food poisoning from leftover food and grapes.

I just really want to drink clear broth, why are sandwhich shop soups all so viscous?

Also, I feel like all the people who went to our bathroom probably thought I was another passed out drunk girl puking out her guts on a Friday night.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Syeknom » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:51 am

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:28 pm

If you come to ldn I'll show you around a bit.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby SisterRayVU » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:54 pm

I saw snow for the first time last week and it was magical and I went shopping in the windy night specifically so I could walk through it and have it assault my being with cold loving goodness.

Also egg nog is my favorite thing about this time of year.

SisterRayVU

Postby bels » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:12 pm

welcome back sister ray where you been?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby SisterRayVU » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:21 pm

SisterRayVU

Postby smiles » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:17 am

thank you people. i hope to have a lovely time.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:32 am

And you're going to interface with us all for the ultimate care meet, no?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:23 am

I'll have one free day plus all the evenings (smiling)

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Mippipopolous » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Went and saw James Blake with Tucker and his girlfriend last night. It was fucking awesome you guys. Blake was amazing! His live show had so much more muscle than we anticipated, some of the songs packed a real punch, was some great energy. Played all of my favorites of his, was great. Voice of an angel. If you ever get the chance to see him totally do! Hell of a show.

I've been sick all week though, basically tried to rest up so I could make it the concert. Totally worth it, but I feel awful this morning. So tired and just felt terrible. Margaret Atwood is giving a free lecture monday at the same theater, was definitely gonna try and see that. Not really read anything by her though, any suggestions from those of you who have?

Mippipopolous

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Argh, just missed James Blake. Forgot he came through. Also missed MBV. So jealous you got to see him! His shows look awesome.

SisterRayVU

Postby bels » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:27 pm

I read Handmaiden's Tale in lower sixth and hated it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

My ears still hurt though.

James Blake's dance music (1-800-DINOSAURS) was super crazy, best light show I've ever seen.

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Almost went to a club night curated by 1-800-DINOSAURS in London but was too shattered to bother

James Blake is pretty cool though I've sadly only seem him perform from afar at a festival which isn't ideal.

Syeknom

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:52 pm

JB as a DJ seems dope as fuck too. He really just seems like an all around awesome musician. I'm gonna try to see Chance the Rapper and DJ Rashad and hopefully see some people footwork.

SisterRayVU

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:43 pm

He was super charismatic when talking with the crowd, but seemed annoyed at the people yelping 'I love you' and such at him.

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Should have stopped shouting then, Ryce

Syeknom

Postby Mippipopolous » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Mippipopolous

Postby charybdis » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:51 am

If any of you want to read some superb reporting about total debauchery: http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2 ... y-tailgate

charybdis

Postby hirokinakamura » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:55 pm

damn that was really intriguing

the best part is when he talks about how shit the duke football team was. it's funny because Tailgate is shutdown and the duke football team actually starts winning. fucking top-notch this season. lets be honest tho, if the blue devils make it to the acc championship they'll get fucking annihilated by fsu.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby charybdis » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:59 am

I think that even making the ACC championship would surprise everyone.

That said, this is kind of ironic since lodger went to State and he said that at their tailgate someone once got shot and all they did was ban kegs.

charybdis

Postby hirokinakamura » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 am

Wow no shit?

Football team is shit this year but state has one of the all time best team names in college sports (or maybe even all of sports)

Fucking wolfpack man

hirokinakamura

Postby charybdis » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Literally the best thing to happen to me food wise this year was learning the term "over medium" for getting my eggs fried.

charybdis

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:13 pm

sunny side up from farm fresh eggs will change your life. Mine is certainly changed.

ramdomthought

Postby starfox64 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:39 am

My company is moving offices this week. It's like being back in elementary school, watching adults fight over who gets to sit next to whom.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby hirokinakamura » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 am

just got back from yeezus concert

no joke it changed my life

just... wow

hirokinakamura

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 am

ramseames

PreviousNext