[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Off topic

Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Postby starfox64 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Maybe this has too much overlap with feeltalk thread (also what's the difference between 'What's Love Got to Do with It' and the Bela Bartok POF thread?), but anyway, add your thoughts that are not full of feelings here.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Re: Ramdom Not-Fashion Thoughts

Postby starfox64 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I'll go first:

What's the best way to find an apartment in the USA, specifically in New York and Los Angeles? Is it just Craigslist, or are there better ways?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby can- » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:41 pm

a lot of my friends have gone thru craigslist. it's a lot of work and time.

a lot of my friends have also gone thru brokers, you will probably pay a fee of 1 or 2 months finding fee. but this seems quicker and easier.

it's kind've like ordering something online ground shipping vs overnight.

best case scenario is to move into a friends old place when they move out

can-

Postby starfox64 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:46 pm

What areas of Bk are worth living in? I lived in Bed-Stuy for a summer but that was kind of a pain. Williamsburg seems like it is getting too pricey.

starfox64

Postby can- » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm

willyburg is priced all over the place as i understand it. most of it is probably more expensive than its worth. i think people see it as very manhattan-accessible but honestly its a pain to come/go from most of manhattan to williamsburg.

bedstuy, flatbush and bushwick are all (as i understand it) pretty affordable (by ny standards). there is a little less to do in the areas, they are a little more out of the way than areas closer to manhattan. the popular conception is that these areas form the seedy underbelly of gross hipster brooklyn.

i like sunset park, gowanus, crown heights, prospect heights. prospect and crown heights in particular are a really excellent middleground of price, stuff in the neighborhood, subway accessibility. that's where i plan to move assuming i'm in the city next august.

can-

Postby starfox64 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:24 am

i sublet a place in crown heights and it was whatever, but i guess i should look into that again.

moving is such a hassle.

starfox64

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:35 am

potates make the best liquor

ramdomthought

Postby starfox64 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:13 am

Dunkin Donuts is running a promotion where if you drink ten coffees (or any drink) during the month of October, you get a free tumbler. The only problem is that Dunkin Donuts in Korea has really terrible coffee. But I already got four coffees from them this month, so it looks like for the next week I will have to get like one terrible coffee every day from Dunkin Donuts to get my thing.

Relevant Seinfeld clip:

starfox64

Postby teck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:50 am

I found my place in BK via craigslist. GF did the same with her first place, but then her and her roommates used a broker to find their current place. If you have others you're searching with, then i'd split the broker fee. if you're alone, i'd go CL.

consider Clinton Hill. It's not as convenient as Williasmburg, but its much cheaper and the neighborhood is p cool. Pratt is there. Also consider bed stuy its getting gentrified like crazy and everyone needs to pitch in.

teck

Postby bels » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:35 am

Do bike helmets look dorky because it's dorky to need a bike helmet or are they just weak aesthetically.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iffe » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 am

iffe

Postby eli7 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:41 am

eli7

Postby thomaspaine » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:21 pm

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:02 pm

yo fuck you bro my head's enormous anyway and I look mad cool.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:30 pm

i think it's because they are appropriate to a certain type of attire (colorful spandex) and look wonky when used elsewhere. those skateboard helmets are never cool, though.

odradek

Postby bels » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Screw you man I just gave in and bought this:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:20 pm

offensive.

odradek

Postby bels » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Trying to get cycling gear just makes me want to buy a racier bike and a bunch of techy sports gear. Feels like the only way to mesh practicality with looking cool.

It's one of those things that's deep into the "Looking practical means looking lame" area.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby eli7 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:40 pm

eli7

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:22 am

When I refresh I like to scroll all the way up and hi-five Raf Simons. It makes me smile.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby bels » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:07 am

Non crappy helmet reccs welcomed.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:16 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby charybdis » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:41 am

It has , once a week I get to care about Duke sports beyond copyediting sports articles. Whoo decent football team + basketball season.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:42 am

sknss has a great accent

ramdomthought

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 pm

sknss, I LOVE the hovding helmets. So worth it, and the price point will come down after a little while.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

this describes me more than i'd like to admit

starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 pm

starfox64

Postby hooplah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 pm

i hate being sick
i don't know how this happened
i wore my jacket...

now my nose is clogged
i cough the entire night
my face looks like death

my nose is so red
and i have no will to live
my lips are so dry

all i can stomach
is chicken broth with pepper
and a little juice

i try to never
take medicine but now
i am filled with pills

my dreams are vivid
germinal and i hang out
but someone shoots me

i am so damn tired
cannot get a good night's sleep
need to chug nyquil

took yesterday off
regret it... i'm still not well
can't waste vacay days

kill me kill me kill
me kill me kill me kill me
kill me kill me now

hooplah

Postby pips » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:02 am

I recently found the rep posts page (I'm not the best with internet stuff) and I'd just like to thank everyone who left notes. You're all awesome.

pips

Postby purkinje » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:31 pm

kanye should do a covergirl collab and call it yeezy breezy

chris brown should do a covergirl collab and call it breezy breezy (not drake thx ramseams)

someone should post a thread where people share their tumblrs

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Next

Return to Care