[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Skateboarding

Skateboarding

Off topic

Re: Marty McFly Invented Skateboards

Postby rjbman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:35 am

I would love a ski/snowboarding thread (or just use this one for that too)... haven't been snowboarding in at least 3 years, and not to Colorado in 5. and any other Canadians would be appalled by the "slopes" they have around here. I would love to get back to Colorado next winter.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby iamacyborg » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:37 am

I think the difference is the steepness of the terrain he can handle, landing a 20 footer isn't too hard, but landing a 20 footer on a hill with such a steep angle takes both balls and skill. I don't think the pro ski scene is all that different from any other "extreme" sport. It's mostly about who you know, and how good you can make stuff look on camera.

That being said, these dudes do crazy shit.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/33038392[/vimeo]

iamacyborg

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 pm

What bothers me a lot with some of these extreme/big mountain skiers is that even when they're not going off some crazy shit they're always way back on their skis. Its just so much more fun and takes better advantage of this amazing snow they're skiing. I mean they're going off some life or death shit to get into these amazing bowls of untouched snow and it's wasted to a point. I get that the point is to go off crazy stuff, but it just irks me

Stingray Sam

Postby yourdad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:34 pm

I got one! Now to see how many scratches and bruises I get by the end of this week.

yourdad

Postby rjbman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:23 am

I have a longboard is that sufficient?

rjbman

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:40 pm

battle at the berrics 7

hope this isn't going to be utter slaughter

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby sknss » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:56 pm

if you haven't seen this you're not a real sk8er

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Syeknom » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:40 am

Syeknom

Postby maj » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:04 am

maj

Postby rjbman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:38 pm

rjbman

Postby sknss » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 pm

same story

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby kyung » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:04 pm

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby smiles » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Got a skateboard. Gonna be my summer activity. After and hour or so last night I've gotten a bit more comfortable on the board but it's still a bit scary.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:09 am

If someone wanted to get a skateboard but they had no clue about anything related to skating what would you guys recommend

Stingray Sam

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:00 am

fun_yunchables

Postby errantposture » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:44 pm

[youtube]?v=zfk-usJYyGU[/youtube]

basically the goat skate video

everything is getting better but everything could be a lot better
errantposture

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 pm

fun_yunchables

Postby fuxwitit » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:54 pm

i looked up a couple youtube tutorials and tried skateboarding again after ~5 years. turns out, i've been pushing all wrong (using my front foot to push instead of my back) so that's gonna be pretty hard to overcome.

young dumb mothafucka
fuxwitit

Postby can- » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:12 pm

can-

Postby maj » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:58 pm

maj

Postby Syeknom » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Syeknom

Postby ramseames » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:01 pm

lol north van. wonder where thats posted.

ramseames

Postby anonomous » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:21 am

Just got a skateboard yesterday! Quite happy with it, i went into my local skate shop and got the full retail experience of buying a skateboard. The staff were so nice and they weren't pushing the most expensive stuff they have but instead they were telling me how each of the parts felt and basically told me the best value stuff.

8 inch GIRL Skateboards x Chocolate Skateboards Deck (i think)
Independent Trucks
Bones Red Bearings
Palace 53mm wheels

At first i didn't quite understand the artwork on the deck because it just looked like black paint/watercolour on a girl logo.

then I stumbled upon taking it with flash and noticed that it gave off a look which resembles a mould of the GIRL logo in carbon fibre.

Also, skate store was nice enough to throw in a bunch of goodies

anonomous

Postby odradek » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:49 am

odradek

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 pm

This thread has inspired me to get back into it, was very avid skate/longboarder all through high school. Though I was never good.

After watching all these videos, I can only cringe at everyone not wearing helmets. PLEASE WEAR HELMETS! PLEASE! It's so easy and it can save your life. Syek broke his spine falling only a couple meters, you can definitely smash your skull open in less than that. I have a friend who had to hold his best friend as he slipped into a coma from a head injury sustained while skateboarding.

So yeah. HELMETS!!!!!!

IsaiahSchafer

Postby fuxwitit » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:25 pm

i practiced a little more today since the weather was so nice and i think i'm slowly getting better. i'm pushing regular now instead of mongo (yeah i know my lingo) and i've got ollies down.

have a cool pic i was able to take

young dumb mothafucka
fuxwitit

Postby sparkyoriental » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:39 am

any recommendations for helmets for people with large wide heads?

rode my bike to school today for the first time and cut my regular commute in half! :D

sparkyoriental

Postby RycePooding » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 am

Go to a bike shop and try on every one they have. Helmet fit is very different for everyone, but I've found local bike shop dudes to be very VERY helpful for them. Helmets are important (smiling)

RycePooding

Postby RycePooding » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 am

Go to a bike shop and try on every one they have. Helmet fit is very different for everyone, but I've found local bike shop dudes to be very VERY helpful for them. Helmets are important (smiling)

RycePooding

Postby hooplah » Mon May 05, 2014 3:59 pm

wow i think this just replaced jerry hsu's bag of suck as my favorite

loooooool

hooplah

PreviousNext

Return to Care