[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Skateboarding

Skateboarding

Off topic

Re: Skateboarding

Postby bels » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:15 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iwtt » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:25 pm

for those of us who still have not bought the DVD thrasher just posted Tom Knox's part from VASE

[youtube]watch?v=unjQF2m7Jss[/youtube]

absolutely amazing spot and trick selection

the vx colours looks great here but i still wish it was in HD though

iwtt

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:14 am

new lurknyc, gx1000, and tired

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:23 pm

new lurknyc

wallie bs smith @4:57 so gnarly

fun_yunchables

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:12 pm

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/153036982[/vimeo]

finally got around to the transworld substance, sooo gnaaaarr!!! dolan killin it, jon nguyen's firecracker 5-0 was insane, and TFUNK!!! all i can say is holy shit

wanna watch the new polar full that just premiered in copenhagen too

fun_yunchables

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:54 pm

pretty sure everyone who follows skating has seen this by now

hope people are making it out to the polar premieres too, i think london's just passed but nyc is coming up. really wanna see this one but i'll probably have to wait lol

fun_yunchables

Postby odradek » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:21 pm

odradek

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:04 pm

you guys i love gou miyagi and all and this is so cute

also the gosha squad/russian kids have really cool style and bag of tricks

fun_yunchables

Postby odradek » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:57 am

odradek

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:31 am

my favorite vine of all time

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby iwtt » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:11 am

that version cuts off right before the best part! she does the best push ever right after

did anyone see ishods double rock? dude is just on another level, we should start discussing if he is the best skater of all time soon.

feels silly posting with the the other clips but i filmed a line yesterday i was pretty happy with;

iwtt

Postby iwtt » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:17 am

wow, looking for the original clip i found this:

holy shit she's good at skating

edit: muska backpack styyyle tho

iwtt

Postby lvrbv » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:14 am

What you guys think about start skating at 22? Literally never jumped over a board, but looks funny and I must find a new hobby... Btw, whats your opinion on longboards/pennyboards?

Hicks heart.
lvrbv

Postby sknss » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:50 am

I started skateboarding at 22 and had a lot of fun! I recommend that you learn how to fall safely (and that you get a helmet tbh). Falling as an adult hurts more than as a child!!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:07 pm

fun_yunchables

Postby lvrbv » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Ok, got it guys. Thanks for the help, very kind.

Hicks heart.
lvrbv

Postby donut_milk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Ayyyy...just got a board after not riding since middle/high school:

Bf got a Land Yachtz Tugboat (left) while I got a Dinghy (right) - Bear Trucks 105mm, Hawg Fatties 63 mm 78a wheels. Love it...such a smooth ride!

Never too late to start. Like what and said, just have fun and be cautious when first starting out. It sucks falling but if you get pushing and balance down you should have a pretty smooth ride. My bf is 28 and bought his first board above; plus, I get to teach him!

I would advise against a Penny board simply because they're waaaaay too small to learn on. You'll risk falling more and not properly setting your feet up right if you have no experience. They're also kind of a novelty item. But hey! Get one if you gain more experience...I just like the feel of wood under my feet as opposed to plastic. Standard longboards maaaaybe...but it might even be too big for you starting out as well. When choosing the board for my bf we went with the Tugboat since it's similar to a standard skate deck size only slightly wider. On top of that is a cross between a longboard and skateboard (cruiser). Dinghy is also a good next choice too...kinda the same size as my old deck in hs but may be small for your feet. I just know that with these two lots of people raved about them on different forums and I did a lot of research before buying.

donut_milk

Postby jrisk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:51 pm

, those boards look rad! where's a good place to start researching and reading more?

jrisk

Postby jrisk » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:31 am

per some of your recommendations, I went to checkout my local skateshop and they apparently just closed permanently last month. :'( RIP eastern boarder.

jrisk

Postby MxmHrpr » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:50 am

Most creativity I've seen in a while, so damn good.

MxmHrpr

Postby bels » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:54 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:49 pm

Bronze56k just dropped a new video today.

Been thinking of getting one of their Jamaica decks but they always sell out before I make up my mind.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby maj » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:32 pm

nice to see kylo ren taking some time to be a kid and not just destroying worlds

maj

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:19 pm

sf hillbombs are some of the most fun footy to watch
3rd and amy is always a great spot to see too

talking about sf if you're in sf this week the gx1000 premiere is on thursday.

fun_yunchables

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:29 pm

back when i lived in SF the dudes that bombed down hills scared the shit out of me, given the street layout, traffic and the severity of the hills they might actually have deathwishes

no idea how they don't have the life expectancy of guys who fly wingsuits

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby teck » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:10 pm

this is literally me.

i used to skate in college, but i was really really bad at it. this is when it was cool to wear spitfire hoodies. well, "cool".

how do i get started as an old ass dude? i don't really think i'll ever be able to do any cool shit, i think it would be an interesting way to get around and give me a reason to keep buying vans.

teck

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:30 pm

fun_yunchables

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:40 pm

I'm probably not as old as you but I just started skating. I have intentions of ever being great at it, but it's a nice way to get some more exercise and take me to short errands. I currently can't really do anything other than ollie but I don't really care it's just fun to be out with friends doing stuff. I finally got a deck of my own on the way so I can stop bumming my friends which I was learning on. I'd just give it a go, there was an article on four-pins(rip) that talked about just riding around as an older person. I'd try to dig it up but I'm sure it was just an anecdote to soms piece of clothing Jon Moy found.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby teck » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:43 pm

as a fashion person im always worried about walking into a store and asking for the wrong brand of stuff. is there like a good "starter" deck or something I should be asking for? i already got the rest of the look down.

teck

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

PreviousNext

Return to Care