[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Skateboarding

Skateboarding

Off topic

Re: Skateboarding

Postby Bryan » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:02 am

sprained my ankle like 2 weeks ago and i just now got back to it, forgot how shitty NYC streets are fml i was on the skreets of williamsburg and as i was pushing the board would like go in a completely different direction and i'd have to bail.

also im currently riding my like 6 year old 7.5 board, obviously i should upgrade to like 8.2 but like how will it affect how i skate and tings?

wya
Bryan

Postby silvaeri » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:27 pm

I picked up a board from a friend today. Old birdhouse deck and idk what else. Probably gonna hurt myself.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:02 am

heavy heavy gnar:

also this doc about aaron herrington is cool
[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/173280276[/vimeo]

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby silvaeri » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:20 am

the joke is i'm wearing clipless bike shoes in that pic.

related: anyone have recs for shoes that won't get eaten extremely quick? was skating in my authentics and put a rip in them already just fucking around ollie'ing

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:26 pm

if you're gonna skate canvas shoes, the trick is to put a little super glue where the material just starting to fray. it forms a hard plasticky shield at your wear points that extends the life.

that being said, i wouldn't recommend skating canvas shoes at all, especially authentics (imo they're bum ass for skating. fuckin stiff cardboard ass sole and canvas). try to get something with suede at the toe and side at the very least, and some kind of slightly to super cushy insole, depending on what you like. preferably the shoe should also break in relatively fast so the sole is bendy and consequently you can really get a good scoop

my personal experience skating shoes:

vans - rip faster than other shoes. waffle outsole wears down really fast from doing the foot shuffle when you set up (if you don't do this this they'll probably last longer). best board feel shoes imo.

cons - suede is extremely hard-wearing, usually the reason i have to change shoes because i wore down the outsole so much. that being said, if you do tre flips in a certain way you might find the outsole separates from the midsole first. very very annoying to deal with. cushier insole than vans, extremely comfy.

huf - i've skated the classics and in terms of pure skate performance they're my favorite. they come very very soft right out the box so the break in period is near nil. they are very thin and floppy so you get an incredible amount of board feel. they didn't last very long from what i tried, and i had to bust out the shoe goo to keep them alive. these are like basically burn bright but not long kinda shoes

never really skated nike or adidas but the cory kennedys and matchcourt lites have been getting rave reviews. maybe worth a shot.

fun_yunchables

Postby iwtt » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:55 pm

i only skate suede slip ons

if you get a good insole you can even buy the non skate version

laces are for nerds

iwtt

Postby anotherdayhere » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Are the slip on pros as sick as I imagine they are?

also 874s are like $13 for prime day.

pulled a shoulder muscle while skating around and i'm pretty much down for the count, tried to skate on it today and something about balancing made it even worse, left half of my body goes in and out of intense pain every breath I take. I will survive, mostly just sad I can't skate :(

anotherdayhere

Postby vgtbls » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:52 am

I don't skate. But I figure Vogue x Rodney Mullen is at least worth posting? What do you guys think? I appreciate that they seem to be spanning the gap between skating and dance/arts. There's a great Vogue podcast w/ Rodney where he really shows his passion and how monumental this is for him. Give it a listen, very cool.

vgtbls

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:06 pm

An ode to SF hills

Snack out in tokyo

fun_yunchables

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:53 pm

tran
sition

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ramseames » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 pm

ramseames

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:45 pm

, probably the best ollie in the game right now

fun_yunchables

Postby iwtt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:18 am

new hockey!!! new andrew allen full part!!!! its amazing!!!!

[youtube]watch?v=l2R6t1gz_Sw[/youtube]

iwtt

Postby iwtt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:44 pm

who did it better? rep comment ur answer

[youtube]watch?v=my-19RGVBiQ[/youtube]

iwtt

Postby MxmHrpr » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:10 am

Every time I think of new tricks, I'm like we've exhausted everything we can do with these damn planks on wheels havent we? Every time I'm so wrong. This is dope.

— — —

Also CT people in London, kinda fancy picking up the board and hitting some mini-ramp whilst summer is around. Anyone fancy Bay66?

MxmHrpr

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:37 am

newest polar full was put online a couple weeks back, if you havent seen it i highly rec. dane brady's part is so crusty. krod's part is gnarly af. strong showing from the team

i think it's cool that lurknyc is now on transworld but just makes it a little annoying for embedding, sorry dudes

also skateboarding for olympics 2020, i'm pretty indifferent about it. it is what it is

fun_yunchables

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:28 am

New Palace vid "V Nice". Haven't got to watch it yet.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/177410774[/vimeo]

Edit. Fixed

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby alexander delarge » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:19 pm

hello,

am new here.

saw you all liked skate videos,

here is one that i created.

Edit: Also, that is me before i buzzed my hair :^)

Being young is like being one of these malenky machines
alexander delarge

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:14 am

fun_yunchables

Postby MxmHrpr » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:20 pm

[youtube]https://youtu.be/pk8dy4NIzBU[/youtube]

Back at it again with the heterodox skate moves

MxmHrpr

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:36 pm

friend sent me this article on how to back feeble

fun_yunchables

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:39 pm

Skating by filmed poorly by me.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:45 pm

hotel blue

more lurk, 'mean streets v3'

917 x nike sb 'country club'

oh damn hopefully they work now!

fun_yunchables

Postby anth » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Been riding this Zero for a bit, really have enjoyed skating again after taking a long break, it's such a refreshing feeling to go outside and feel the cement under your wheels as you cruise along the road. Still am just getting used to riding again however, hopefully once the weather cools down I'll be able to go out more often and work on my tricks. Really looking forward to the coming months and all the experiences that they have to offer.

anth

Postby iwtt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:09 pm

i pretty much exclusively skate transition these days but i skated a curb with my friend today and managed to get this one:

[youtube]FscQFqSFSWc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

been trying to learn these for 7 years or so lol

iwtt

Postby uames » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm

uames

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:56 pm

i'm sure most people have heard this by now, but B.A. came out. i'm super happy at how the skate community took the news.

i leave this henry jones illustration here too

(love) keep rippin everyone

fun_yunchables

Postby meatjacket » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:35 am

twisted the shit out of my ankle just going down a hill. distracted..

meatjacket

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

ramseames

Postby iwtt » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:24 pm

laughing at how wonky this set-up from slaps set up thread looks

"7.75
Venture featherlights
Race reds
56mm Formula Four radial"

guess everyone has a preference