[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Skateboarding

Skateboarding

Off topic

Re: Skateboarding

Postby JtotheWhat » Thu May 26, 2016 11:15 am

Went to the Adidas Away Days premier here in Seoul. Video was awesome. Premier was cool.. Rooftop with free food/drinks and most of the Adidas team was flown out which surprised me.. Especially seeing Daewon since he was barely in the video. Definitely a must watch with So many good parts and great editing.

JtotheWhat

Postby anotherdayhere » Fri May 27, 2016 4:32 pm

today.. i landed an ollie. I also held a manual for more than four whole seconds. I feel great. skateboarding is sick.

anotherdayhere

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri May 27, 2016 6:14 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby jrisk » Sun May 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Away Days up on youtube for 24 hours:

Edit: RIP

Last edited by jrisk on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrisk

Postby grenker » Mon May 30, 2016 3:39 am

i love skatebording
hi all

grenker

Postby MxmHrpr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:52 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEF0g-knHp7/

Wait for the trick on the quarterpipe, unreal creativity through his whole insta also

MxmHrpr

Postby jrisk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Skateboarding has been going pretty well. Ollies are getting better and I've landed one shuvit so far. It doesn't seem like I'd ever be able to land a fs/bs 180 though. So scared of riding switch. Should I just practice riding switch for a while to get used to it?

I've also gotten my roommate back into it. We regularly spend evenings after working putzing around in the driveway taking turns with my board. He finally started putting one together and the last of his parts come in friday, just in time for the weekend. Pretty excited to have a friend who's into it. Hopefully we'll go check out the local skatepark soon.

jrisk

Postby odradek » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:57 pm

odradek

Postby ramseames » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:48 pm

ramseames

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:02 pm

on the topic of jonah hill

fun_yunchables

Postby iwtt » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:29 pm

iwtt

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:06 am

austyn g on wknd. as long as it's not a huge ass joke like the whole koston thing, i can see his style fitting in super well with the wknd guys

plus that bs180 was faaaat damn

fun_yunchables

Postby teck » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 pm

today while riding to work i pushed funny and ended up kicking the board out from underneath me. fell hard and ripped up my knee.

kept riding to work tho.

honestly im to scared to even really do kick turns. i've been trying forever to just stop by sliding on my tail (i know this isn't the right way to stop, it's just something i think would help me become more comfortable with the board).

help?

teck

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:36 pm

teck,

you have a really good attitude! i like how you don't give up and keep on riding after you fall (smiling) i know new york has a lot of crusty spots so it's harder to ride around but on the other side once you learn how to ride in gnarly spots you can definitely do smoother nicer spots

i find the key to doing a lot of things is to visualize yourself doing it. fear is definitely a big part of skateboarding but even just a fraction of a second of hesitation can turn for the worse.

as far as kick turns go, i'd recommend first learning how to . start with very shallow angles, and as you get more and more comfortable you can start doing wide tic tacs. you can then kinda see the kickturn as a super wide tic tac, and you should be comfortable enough to do it.

another thing is to just go for it! do the kickturn, and sure you might fall but once you've fallen once you'll see it isn't so bad, and the fear will subside. plus i think you have an advantageous background in bjj so you know how to fall properly (i definitely took hard slams before learning how to fall haha).

keep ripping!! the more you ride, the more you grow comfortable on the board.

fun_yunchables

Postby jrisk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 pm

roommate and I went to check out the skatepark and no one was there! great timing on our part. it was sweet to putz around and just feel things out without anyone else there. here's a pic. small but some fun spots.

jrisk

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:33 pm

i always laughed at the video clips of people running into scooters. i guess karma caught up to me because i completely slammed this kid today coming out of a boardslide :( i still feel really bad about it, the poor guy was shaken up so much.

fun_yunchables

Postby Bryan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:07 pm

been getting back into skating lately. NYC streets is tuff lost of abnormally large cracks that throw me off my board and just slow me down smh. Feels so good tho i haven't skated in like 6 years or some ting like that so i've lost like all my mojo. I've been trying to to that thing where you get a running start, drop your board then hop on but haven't had much luck with it since the front of the board usually bounces to the side when i try to hop on and i just end up looking like an idiot.

Anyone got any tips? help ya mans out i'm tryna get hit by a car again n quit skating for another 6 years

wya
Bryan

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:27 pm

do you mean like this? depends on the concave of your deck really, but dragging your tail before dropping the board helps usually i find. 80% the time i get a heelflip rotation with it but it's not consistent so idk. i figure it's mostly just luck

your tail also gets fucked like crazy so i don't recommend trying it too much unless you got a steady supply of wood ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fun_yunchables

Postby teck » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:05 am

. i can do that running start thing but not very fast. it's very much about commitment. you drag the board, and then drop the nose and jump on it AT THE SAME TIME. the weight of you jumping on the board, plus the momentum of running/rolling keeps the board straight.

one thing you can try to build confidence is place the board on the ground. kick it so it starts rolling ahead of you, then run along next to it and jump right on it. this is essentially the same thing as the running start. do this until you feel confident jumping on the board, then try doing it with with the drag.

teck

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:06 am

I love how we are all learning and sharing together.

I haven't been able to skate much since I've been working and don't have anywhere to go since I live. in a small spread out city. I've been meaning to try learning to kick flip in my cellar as I've heard you can learn that tyoe of thing on carpet. I also learn to no comply haven't had much of a chance.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:09 am

super 8 & vx1000 & crusty spots out in la

fun_yunchables

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:43 pm

fun_yunchables

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:51 am

fun_yunchables

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Finally got my copy of Raw Fi in, had to order it from Singapore since it went out of stock on Quasi right when I was going to order. Watched twice so far, easily one of my favorite videos I've seen, I love seeing other cities that aren't in the US. I'm pretty sure it's got some Polar and Magenta skaters aswell as some 5boro as Kukonochi is their Japanese distributor.
Here's the trailer and one of the parts.
[youtube]watch?v=hyQYjc5xdB4[/youtube]
[youtube]watch?v=azdqJ-wOjMQ[/youtube]

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby radicalbusiness » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:31 pm

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/new ... TiAqjdb.97 friend of mine got his second video on transworld last month! it's been really cool watching him come up over the years

radicalbusiness

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:16 am

from a week ago but bobby de keyzer is killin it. his style and board control is just unreal. his blue tile lounge x habitat skateboards part was crazy too

Edit whoops got the url wrong fixed i hope

fun_yunchables

Postby iwtt » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:20 pm

how has it been going for you guys lately?

i've been skating a lot, i'm trying to learn back tail but i think my whole technique is messed up

this is the closest i get to a passable one:

[youtube]watch?v=HPA6vULSebA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

i think the problem is that only my toes are putting pressure on the tail, so the heel gets caught on the curb, which is why it won't slide properly

iwtt

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:15 pm

my progress: i've been trying to get wallies from flat but i always land pretty angled and have to tic tac out

don't mind my friend screaming he was kinda faded lmao

i've got wallies from bank/transition to wall pretty on lock but on flat is just stupid for me or something. i think it's probably the speed and i just need to go faster and commit - i'm pretty sure my front foot isn't pushing from the heelside

fun_yunchables

Postby jrisk » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:59 am

hah

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/172908694[/vimeo]

jrisk

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

PreviousNext

Return to Care