[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 am

Hooplah's dancing is hypnotic.

You assholes set the bar way too high.

thomaspaine

Postby pips » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:19 am

From smiles!

sleeveless tshirt, necklace, CD from a local HK band, Tokyo Cancelled, mystery sweets + (not pictured) DVD copies of 2 video artworks/installations

Awesome picks! I like that everything is varied. To be honest I was quite worried about getting a package since Philpost is a huge joke but it made my day when I saw the box. Mystery sweets are black sesame caramel candies and I pretty much love anything with sesame on it, great choice.

Miles, I forgot to include this in my message but if you ever decide to visit Manila (only an hour away!) I'll be happy to show you around.

pips

Postby deadkitty » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Got my package from thomaspaine!

pictured: The New Order magazine, 2x TCHO chocolates, Muji sewing kit, penguin card, cedar grilling plank, 5thColumnist ocbd, 4x socks, Norse Projects socks

Thank you so much! Everything is really sick and I really appreciate all of it. The ocbd fits me super well (I've been needing a new one too) and the socks are all super super comfy. I'll be sure to put the cedar plank to good use and the magazine looks like a super great read. Made my day. All my rep goes out to you.

deadkitty

Postby RycePooding » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Far from a stale piece of poop, Hooplah! Only heard good things about both these books (the other one is The Adventures of Cavalier & Klay by Michael Chabon), but much more importantly, the donation you made to Dance Marathon was too sweet.

Also, good creeping skills... (Bartlett 4 prez)

RycePooding

Postby thug » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Should've signed up

thug

Postby slappa » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 am

My Care Share package from Bobbin arrived!

Immediately after I opened the package a lovely scent of badian spread. This was inside:

A beautiful vintage ornithological print of a skua bird and a glass container with a scented liquid of what I believe is badian. I haven't tasted the liquid as I'm not sure wether its used for perfume or as extract for cooking? The print reminds me of my late granddad who had loads of old ornithology books with beautiful illustrations.

Thanks Bobbin!

slappa

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:19 am

Great!

Slappa,

This is an engraving/print from my parents antique shop which they owned before I was born. It was over 100 years old then so it's at least 127 years old now. I wasn't sure what to get you, but you struck me as a pretty classical guy so this seemed like the best option.

The liquid is beard oil which I made; I know you don't have one, but hear me out. It's Earl Grey tea scented, and unlike perfume it doesn't dry out hair so you can put a dab on your neck/sideburns and it'll last quite a while. Traditionally arabs use scented oils and I really like it.

+ you can use it on leather. It's a mix of jojoba, argan and essential oils, so it's safe!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby slappa » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:40 am

Very thoughtful, I'll go hunting for a nice frame and hang it on my wall - the colors are beautiful and still very vibrant considering the age by the way.

That's so cool, it'll be interesting testing it out on a leather project - I might get back to you and buy another batch (smiling)

slappa

Postby germinal » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:58 pm

i think i know who this is from (smiling))

i'll pick it up tomorrow

germinal
Garminlad

Postby charybdis » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Dear Calc,

When I picked up your box, the girl next to me gave it an appreciative once over and said "your momma loves you." And, while my mother you are not, I was super moved by the present you sent me and while it was cold outside and my feet were wet, your gift warmed my heart. (Also, the stickers and tape on the box were really cute.)

Love,
dwindles

Box deets:

(Pictured: ampharos stuffed animal, ombre knit scarf, Studio Ghlibli movie collection, tangerines he candied himself, candies and his school newspaper.)

Sorry my phone camera is a highly evolved potato though.

My plusle stuffed animal now has a friend. Seriously though, if I could choose a Nintendo® Pocket Monsters™ friend to travel the rest of my days with, I would pick ampharos.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby purkinje » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm

My care package from Ryce arrived! Enclosed were three kinds of different loose leaf tea, A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again by the incredible David Foster Wallace, Gorillaz: Celebrity Takedown, and a ridiculous, inhumane amount of warhead sours.

Everything is amazing and I'm already enjoying the tea (when my taste buds aren't destroyed from the warheads). Thanks dude!

(oh and since I forgot to put my name down with the address I was greeted by the postman with a package for "Mr. Calc Ulatrice")

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby RycePooding » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:56 pm

That book taught me more about writing then almost any other book, I hope you enjoy it! The tea's are from a friend of my brothers company, I actually had four but one got left out by accident, so I'm enjoying it as I write this.

Sorry about your taste buds.

RycePooding

Postby hmwut » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:54 pm

my care package travelled across the pond from germinal!

From left:
"Everything We Miss" by Luke Pearson
A Number (N)ine tank top(!!!)
Make-Your-Own-Card-Holder-Kit from Obscura Magazine
Bad Day, Issue 16
A Lego Mini-Figurine
Wonderful mix of chocolates

thanks so much germ. the tank alone made my day, the chocolates are delicious, I've been leafing through the Bad Day issue all afternoon, and am looking forward to cracking open the graphic novel later tonight. can't wait to get the cardholder together, as well.

this gruff-looking fellow will be taking watch on my nightstand:

thanks again man, this was fantastic. if you ever find yourself around nyc, gimme a shout. also, you've got some lovely handwriting!

hmwut

Postby kyung » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:59 pm

i have so much christmas cheer and no one to give it to D:

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby bels » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 am

Petition to make muji sewing kit the care share mascot

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:59 am

hooray, i'm so glad you like it all! i'm chuffed you got a policeman, that's wicked

i had intended to include a kinder surprise egg too, but somehow i forgot to wrap it. i ate it. it was delicious. it had a little car inside.

and cheers, i busted out my neat handwriting, knew i had to deviate from my usual scrawl for something as momentous as the care share!

germinal
Garminlad

Postby germinal » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:30 pm

holy freaking moly

rosenrot has gone above and beyond to ensure my sodium levels reach stratospheric heights over the next few days

from the top:

chilli tapioca crisps x 5 (delicious!)
loadsa kopiko mini coffee sweets
bin-bin rice crackers
bare big fruit mangosteen flavoured candies
Batak House traditional style curry kambi muruku crackers
Old Town white coffee 3-in-1 x 4
A lovely handwritten card
Dahfa dried fish fillets
"Natural Snack"
Bika chicken-flavoured crackers
Tao kae noi crispy seaweed (Tom yum goong flavour)
Pei Tien energy 99 sticks
Yummy House BBQ squid shreds
Ibumie Always mi Goreng x 5
Wangzai qq candy grape
Wangzai qq candy strawberry
Belinjau crackers

wow

i am phenomenally excited to tuck into all of this - i love asian food and i love snack food so this is perfection

thank you so much rosie!

germinal
Garminlad

Postby ramseames » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:47 am

Starfox64 went overboard:

7 different kinds of noodles, pepero (Korean pocky), muji notebooks, a girls generation sticker book, Korean tourism fridge magnets, sophnet and uniform experiment fw13 lookbooks, a ripped copy of doolittle by the pixies, a uniqlo flannel, and a supreme tee.

Honestly this is amazing man, I can't thank you enough. Both shirts fit well in case you're wondering.

I'll be in Korea in mid February, if you're still there I'll buy you at least a couple beers for being so generous.

ramseames

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:00 pm

My god I regret not joining in on this :( Oh well, it would have cost me too much anyway :(

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby smiles » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:54 pm

thanks MIDVH!

ACNE paper (!!!) swedish magazine, very funky swedish candy (some kind of salted liquorice and marshmallow sharks) and Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami.

This has been very cool you guys (and gals)

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby midvh » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:26 pm

I didn't want to send those magazines away, so I bought two for myself as well. Acne paper is reaaally good.

And btw, those are not sharks. The translation of Bilar is Cars.

midvh

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 am

those salted licorice things are the worst possible thing on earth

Stingray Sam

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:44 am

Malaco definitely makes better candy, like their caramel squares. Those are delicious as fuck.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby sunblam » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:44 am

This thread makes me super happy! So considerate! I hope that it happens again in the future.

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby Rosenrot » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:08 pm

I got the fuzzies when I received my parcel from JCM! Pictured is a cute tote bag (hello I love cats), Jasmine tea (my favourite kind of tea), a generous bag of coffee (eep!), gray salt caramels in dark chocolate (all gone as I'm typing this, why have I not discovered this sooner?), and a fun mixtape (mix-CD?) filled with songs that he associates with Seattle. Not pictured is a thoughtful hand-written note explaining his choices.

So happy the parcel arrived safely across continents and oceans. Thanks again!

Rosenrot

Postby thomaspaine » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 am

Leather wristband, card holder, and billfold from slappa. This is awesome because I follow and see him posting cool shit all the time. Thanks dude, very cool, this wallet is seriously awesome.

And oh, what's this? Money in the wallet! Where does someone from Denmark get a $1 bill anyways?

thomaspaine

Postby adhi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:54 pm

somebody care to explain the nebraska sweatshirt joke?

lovely gifts everybody, it's a shame i didn't see this thread until now.

merry xmas to everyone!

adhi

Postby hooplah » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:50 pm

one of my grails is the nebraska sweatshirt from raf simons' fw 2002 virginia creeper collection

i lost out on it once on y!jp and i was really bummed out
so disby made me one

oh yes, edit: also the video is set to 'latch' because disby and i love that song and are embroiled in an ongoing and heated debate about which dude in the music video is hotter, elevator guy (clearly) or brow bones neanderthal

hooplah

Postby starfox64 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:57 am

HI friends. If you got your package and haven't posted a picture of it, please do so. Everyone said that they sent theirs out, but I still don't know whose packages are in transit or whatever. Thanks!

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby midvh » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Super late response but THANK YOU PIPS!

A sweatshirt, dark chocolate and dried mango – all produced in the Philippines. The sweatshirt fits perfectly, and the sweets were gone within 15 mins after opening the package. Thanks again!

midvh

PreviousNext

Return to Care