[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby bels » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:23 am

Home made paper star making kit is fkkn incredible. make a post here so we can rep you.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby charybdis » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:27 am

YES. I'm so glad you got it. I'm probably like the 100th person here to send asian candy, but the sanzapian were a great part of my childhood.

Some background for people who aren't aware, this is actually from the last care share. Skns and I both left school around the same time so the package got returned to me and some unscrupulous customs/mail person stole most of the things in the package. So I reassembled it with some new things and tossed it back into the mail.

That said, version 2.0 is much better than the earlier version, so maybe this was a blessing in disguise. Looking forward to participating in the next one.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby maj » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:53 am

so i got

and holy shit this man is far too generous it feels almost weird to accept this.

> velva sheen tee

> asorted edibles

> copy of obscura

> hand written note

and in the bottom of the box there was something i almost couldn't believe

his chris shannon track pants which i absolutely adore, this is far too much i legitimately choked up a little receiving it. you say you're coming to london in September smiles and i will be first in line to buy you a drink (or several) and a cake bake by me mum as this is really more than i expected by a considerable amount. i always have a problem with words coming off as insincere when typed, but i really, really, really want to say this is fantastic and you're far too kind.

maj

Postby smiles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:53 am

Hope you like the sweets. Tried to include some good ones and some weird ones. Curry green bean puffs...

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby lostie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Last edited by lostie on Sun May 05, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostie

Postby yourdad » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:44 pm

!!!! This is incredible!

- photograph of Mt. Sugarloaf that he developed himself (gonna put this up in my room!)
- book on treehouses and how to build them
- self-made comic (very cool)
- Herbie Hancock CD (Eye of the Hurricane is my favourite so far)
- New England cookbook (not much of a cook but I'll try)
- Tanner Goods leather fob keychain
- candy and popcorn (can i just say that the gummy pizza is my favourite candy of all time along with the burger and hotdog candy? I don't know how you did it)
- not seen but a beautiful letter explaining each item and why he chose them

THANK YOU!!!

yourdad

Postby paf » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 pm

So glad you like everything and that nothing got too banged up in transit. Was a bit wary about shipping internationally after some other people had mishaps, but I can see everything worked out just fine!

paf

Postby edward » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:58 pm

2 much care for 1 box

Stay frosty everybody.

I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
edward

Postby exprof » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:47 pm

plot twist: s care-share is actually

exprof

Postby bels » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Strong cares incoming from !

We got some hardcore snacks here. Pretzels? Some kind of cookie butter? Cake?!?!? Tea (I love tea) a load of resses pieces acting as polystyerene peanuts, Fucking Young magazine and...

Should point out my birthday was yesterday so this all arrived just in time. Thanks Nick. Your rafdoodles are stuck to my fridge now.

:sweg:

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sunblam » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby kyung » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 pm

came through with his care package! i think the best part about giving gifts is seeing the person's reaction so i did this instead of just a picture

included:

-candy!
-Acne paper!!
-cool book on nature photography
-dave chappelle dvd (going to watch this tonight)
-calvin and hobbes!
-a tote (i needed one so this is spectacular)
-those things you throw on the ground and make a popping noise
-an sd card filled with music (a LOT of music)
-and a book safe (super cool idea, going to put my super secret drugs that i dont do in this)

(skip to like 1:18 to avoid watching me fumble in silence opening the box)

also if i sound super tired/unenthusiastic i had just gotten off of a 6am shift so please excuse me ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby edward » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:57 pm

So relieved to see that everything got to you unharmed! So weird how they came on different days; I assumed the worst when the tracking numbers showed that only box #2 got delivered yesterday. Anyway, glad you like it! I think you displayed an appropriate level of enthusiasm, I wasn't expecting you to go all "NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOUUUR" or anything

I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
edward

Postby deadkitty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:55 pm

care share from arrived!!! :woop:

included is:

3x tea
4x baked fruit
6x snack bars
6x authentic english crisps
7x photographs by bela
1x "liminoid summer" by bela
1x pair of socks
1x pin
1x sunglasses
1x DIY camera
1x camera strap
1x screwdriver
1x cos trews
1x awesome handwritten note

that you so much bela! this totally blew me away and made my day. the fruit snacks are very delicious (all i've tried so far). super excited to start making the camera and get into the rest of the food/drink.

deadkitty

Postby bels » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:26 am

Enjoy, my young friend. Apologies that the note was dashed off so quickly. I was trying to get to the post office before it shut.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:01 am

What is the screwdriver for

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby rjbman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 am

Not a Care Share but loads of care coming from !

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby rjbman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:22 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby inherently » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:13 pm

inherently

Postby starfox64 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:47 pm

there was actually some more candy i meant to send...but i ate it :sweg:

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby paf » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Huuuuuuge shout out to for this one!!!

-Cute little Korg ribbon synth (upside-down in the picture whoops) - think I'll have a lot of fun with this
-Men's Non-No Style Book S/S '14 - cool looks in here
-Sweets - really excited to try out the honeycomb one
-Little croc figure
-Care-Tags ribbon - i'm going put this on my key chain
-Lovely hand-written note - (smiling)

And...

paf

Postby popcorn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:16 pm

i thought the cover to that book was this pic from my "ripoffable outfits" inspo album :^0

popcorn

Postby germinal » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks to ! Sorry it's taken me a few days to get round to posting this. When i returned home from my flight last week i was feeling rotten - it'd been delayed and i'd missed the last tube, but finding this in the hall was the perfect remedy.

He sent:

- a MoMA stainless steel ramen spoon + fork (i still have some ramen that gave me - good care synergy);
- two stainless steel bookmarks;
- a FPARMG pen (Further chaos. Beyond that there shall be truth);
- Dare Ultimate Maple leaf biscuits (delicious);
- a copy of Collect magazine (good so far);
- a copy of GRANTA magazine (i'm especially stoked to read this);
- a rip of Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden (and permission to torrent it if i didn't have a CD drive; fortunately i do);
- a Roden Gray tote bag
- and some of the Girls' Generation stickers that sent him last time!

Thanks again; great package! Hope i can buy you a drink one day.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby ramseames » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Glad you liked it (smiling)

I was planning on reading a bit of GRANTA before i sent it off but i never got around to it lol, let me know how it is.

And of course if you ever make it out here hit me up and we'll get drinks.

ramseames

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:36 pm

There's probably a different thread for this but I can't find it because everything is named by The Riddler but sent a lovely post card.

Not sure she gets what I'm about tho.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Paging Heckawheel to enhance the textiles in the background to give us clues on the new STORY MFG "Teller" summer poncho jacket in heavyweight cotton voile.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby balloons » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:54 am

granta is amazing; great pick ramseames & have fun germ

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby smiles » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:10 pm

shouts out to my mysterious Michigan benefactor. I recognise your name but can't put it to a user name. The package actually arrived a week ago but I didn't notice the pick-up slip in my mailbox until this friday, whoops.

includes:
a lovely note
sweet star shirt (it glows in the dark!!)
v rare candy that's impossible to get here
series of unfortunate events
Collection of Poe short stories
Last of the Mohicans
Pink Floyd CD. I've never listened to Pink floyd so it should be a treat.

Thank you for the wonderful gift and for sending it so far away. I always love participating in the care share.

=]

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby eufemism » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:15 am

yay you got it! i was starting to think that it had got lost in the mail and i seriously just pm'd sid that i had sent the gift like 3 weeks ago. my gift is so lame compared to the other gifts people are sending, but i'm glad you enjoyed it.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby deadkitty » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:41 am

Now that the last exchange has pretty much been wrapped up (still waiting on just a few packages) I thought it might be cool to introduce a bit of a mini-exchange for the summer. So, without further ado, I'd like to announce...

:woop:

Pretty much just make a friendship bracelet and send it to your match! You can make as many or as few as you'd like in any design and colours. If you don't know how to make friendship bracelets, don't fret. There are heaps of videos and how-to guides out there for rookies.

PM me if you're interested. Deadline for participation is 2 weeks from now, July 12th.

deadkitty

PreviousNext

Return to Care