[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby starfox64 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Ok friends, I am trying to wrap this up. There are at least three people who have care packages that have care package statuses that I am unaware of. There are also at least two people who have received packages and not posted them. Shame on the two of you. Don't make me out you publicly.

As for the others, if you still have not received your package, please let me know. I know that there are two packages that are somewhere in the postal void, but I think that still leaves one or two unaccounted for.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby adhi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:45 pm

i'm sad we missed out on this. can we have a care share on arbitrary day?

adhi

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:40 am

I am care-less.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 pm

I have to publicly confess that huhwot sent me a delightful and thoughtful package and I've been too lazy to post pictures. watch this space!

*bows down and kisses the ground three times*

can-

Postby bels » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 am

get it together camron

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 am

there is another member who told me that he/she received his/her package but has not posted the contents. confess or be outed!

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby can- » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:17 pm

from the wonderful

-- assortment of chocolatey treats: peanut m+ms, lindts, Hershey's VSOP dark, and snickers
-- bodega and Cast NYC stickere
-- a WIN PIN
-- two catnip toys, one for each cat (too thoughtful!)
-- Chapelle show season 2 DVD
-- Dr Zhivago DVD (!)
-- Bruce Springsteen's 'Greetings from Asbury Park'
-- Alan Lightman's 'Einstein's Dreams'
-- a sweet and handwritten note of holiday cheer

not pictured is a compilation of HP lovecraft's stories, which I read, loved, and lent to my dad, and also some candy because I ate it already :woop:

can-

Postby bels » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Not part of the official care share but sknss owed me a favour so she bought me a car

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:15 pm

sknss is a lovely person, she sent me some stickers

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:42 pm

I never got a care share.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby ramseames » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:43 pm

did this ever get rounded out or are people still missing theirs?

ramseames

Postby yourdad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:14 pm

joined c-t too late for this but if it's cool with , i'd love to send him a little care package.

yourdad

Postby starfox64 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:27 am

as far as i know his package was actually made, IT JUST HASN'T BEEN SHIPPED

starfox64

Postby bels » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:14 am

What kind of monster would taunt someone like that

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:02 am

Thank you that's really kind but my care sharer contacted me and straightened it all out. Next time though!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby kyung » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:42 pm

bit of a mini care-share all the way from across the pond

is the sweetest (smiling) thank you!

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby sid3000 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 pm

sid3000

Postby maj » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:06 pm

I hope I get someone from the america so I can educate them on what a real biscuit looks like, along with some nice Tetley's.

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Although I think people will spend that anyway I think that price range is on the very high side.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sid3000 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:47 pm

I had considered the price but I think the outcome of the previous exchange was pretty ideal and I didn't want to tinker with those parameters too much. Also I feel like a dingus anytime the cost of shipping something is higher than the value of what Im actually shipping.

Id like to see some type of greeting card or small art exchange in the near future where postage costs would be trivial. If someone wants to get on top of that either after this exchange or during, I think we'd be in business.

sid3000

Postby eufemism » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:14 pm

yay i can't wait to participate. i joined c-t too late to participate in the last one

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby ramseames » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 pm

that price range as a rough guideline worked well last time i think, don't see any reason to change it.

should also have people include who they sent stuff to last time so that no one is paired with the same person again.

ramseames

Postby sid3000 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 pm

I thought about that and will just tweak if necessary after the random pairing. past couple pages has all the info I need

sid3000

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:25 am

I agree that its a bit backwards when shipping costs more than the package but increasing the price of the gift seems even more upside down to me.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:35 am

could pair people by country/continent? I know it's fun to get stuff from across the ocean but it's true, shipping a box here that costs $10 makes it a lot easier to put together a cool package on a tighter budget, instead of shipping costing you 40 bucks alone.

RycePooding

Postby bels » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:36 am

100 is sort of too high but I think 50 is alright. You can always include shipping in the total cost (I think I did last time )

I did kind of enjoy the challenge of trying to find gifts that wouldn't weigh too much and I did think that the kind of stuff that got pushed around last time was pretty ideal..

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sid3000 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:15 pm

.......................................... ..........................................
Raf is patiently waiting for his match, will it be you?

Reminder bump that deadline for signups is this Sunday night at 11:59 PST!
If you want to sign up, message me with your info as outlined in the earlier post. If you've already messaged me you are confirmed for the exchange; matching will occur next week.

sid3000

Postby CleanThug » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:47 am

I'm thinking about doing this but i'm nervous that my package won't be up to par. Also I have no exp shipping internationally. Can anyone give me some info?

CleanThug

Postby purkinje » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:13 pm

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby sid3000 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Keep an eye on your pm's today...

sid3000

PreviousNext

Return to Care