[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Care Share 2016!!!

Postby Stolsdos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:18 pm

I'll join kindofyoung in the super late posting group...
Which is sad because this was a super thoughtful gift, I apologize to
Here's the picture I took when I got it:

What's in the picture(From his description)*:
- 1x Field Notes
- Assorted pins
- Baltimore Rat sticker
- Old Bay Seasoning(fantastic because I like to cook cajun food sometimes)
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- He said this was inspo for my Apocalypse Dreams ;)))
- 2x CdG samples(2Man and Black)
- super excited for this, been meaning to order some samples for a while but never got around to it, thank you so much!
- 3x Electronic cd's(All classics, thank you so much! Plus I can only play cd's in my car haha)
- Autechre - Incunabula
- Boards of Canada - In a Beautiful Place, Out in the Country
- Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own
Not pictured:
- 2x Bags of locally made cookies, one chocolate chunk, one ginger, that were totally gone in a day.
*smiley tote not included
This was a great care-share and I'm sooo sorry again for posting so late.
Thanks you!!!

Stolsdos

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Thanks so much to kyung for the gifts. I'm very sorry for the delay, some things happened and I just couldn't get a chance to do it.

Not included in this picture is a pack of boiled chestnuts that me and my mom tried. My goodness, they burst in your mouth and they are so big and mushy. I powered thru and swallowed it but I don't think I'll be eating them again haha

What is in included is:

EG tote bag (fuckin amazing)

MFL magazine military wear edition (right on the money, if I could I'd subscribe to this magazine I would)

SISP Look book (great as always, sadly I can't wear sisp in Florida)

And last but certainly not least, a dope ass pair of Nike Air Carnivores. Kyung included a note about how damaged they were, but to be honest to me dont look bad at all, and they are my main shoe now.

I can't thank you enough for the gifts. They are all right on the money for my tastes.

JonjoShelvey

Postby sknss » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Thank you Jonjo! That wraps up our care share. We've been really lucky this year, as all the packages reached their destination.
I hope everyone had fun. See you next October!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Re: Care Share 2017!!!

Postby sknss » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Fill in if you would like to embark on this journey. Please use an email address you check regularly. I will communicate with you this way.

You have until to sign up. The next day I will pair you with someone. I reserve myself the right to disallow your participation if your account is too young or if you have been naughty in the past.

When you sign up for the care share operation, you vow to send your parcel in time and to post in this thread when you receive yours (preferably with a picture attached). To find flintstone, don't be afraid to look through your person's comments. You can also read this thread from the begining to get an idea of what people have shared in the previous years.

The deadline to send your care share is ! :woop:

sknss

Re: ~~Care Share 2017~~

Postby xinijia » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:38 pm

For people who can't access the form,
*link up there is fixed now

Last edited by xinijia on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby mahi-mahi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 am

I’m so excited!

mahi-mahi

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:44 am

sknss

Postby sknss » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 am

You have until tomorrow to sign up! Don't be shy!

sknss

Postby sknss » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 am

It's the last day to sign up!

Some people are so keen they even signed up twice!

sknss

Postby sknss » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 am

Thank you for joining in. Now we'll let the algorithm do its thing. Expect an email later today!

sknss

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby bels » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:34 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 am

I've sent out your matches. If you haven't received an email, please let me know!

sknss

Postby sknss » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:00 am

How's everyone getting on? Did you manage to read your giftee's 500 posts to get some precious information about their likes and dislikes?

By the way, now is probably the right time to order that ancient statuette from China that will take 3 weeks to arrive, or to start brewing your kombucha!

sknss

Postby ptozzi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:21 pm

I was cleaning my room and I'm psyched to put stuff I was gonna throw away or try to sell on ebay in my care-share. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

ptozzi

Postby sknss » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Two people already sent their care shares! Well done to those superstars. I think it's the first time that happens.

If you haven't sent yours already, you have 12 days left to do so! :woop:

sknss

Postby Roosterruby » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Do I still have time to get in on this???

Roosterruby

Postby sknss » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:22 am

4 days left (smiling)

sknss

Postby sknss » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:42 am

Get yersel to the post office this weekend!

sknss

Postby meatjacket » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 am

Hey all, poppin in again to say hello, but more importantly i'm pretty bummed out i missed out on this! if anyone ends up having to drop out, i'll gladly take your spot

and sknss i know u PMd me about the little book, i'm honestly not 100% sure about what happened! I think i either gave it to cowboy, or the last person i sold something on caretags to. (morlin?) im not sure.

meatjacket

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 am

guess i get to go first this year!

just as a forewarning all of these photos are poorly white balanced... couldn't be bothered lol

my share was from ! all i can say is, wow what a perfectly curated care share (i'll explain!! haha)

first up,
a roll of ilford hp5 (i don't normally shoot b&w but i'm actually pretty stoked to try this out!)
a decant of tom ford tobacco vanille scent. curious to test it out (smiling)
stained glass tchotchke (i loooove tchotchkes. useless but fun). it seems like it is possibly hand made (?) soldered wire which has been soldered to the frame of the glass bits!
lens tissues in the neatest bundle
king krule the ooz! on cassette!!! this is really, really nice because...

and a lovely handwritten note! (ps. glad to hear that you renewed the daca!!!! it was very stressful for a lot of my friends as well).

moving on,
a lovely lovely lady white co tee!!

some cool paper stuff! go out magazine (funny because this is the indoor issue from 2016? at least that's what the katakana would imply). go out's a tight pub, so i'm pretty stoked!
a pack of muji A5 notebooks!! (i always buy this size too, hahaha)
a supreme sticker. probably will cut it up and make dumb spelling words like usual.
also, some work by junichiro tanizaki! kinda excited about this, i had read some of his work prior...

finally, some snacks:
left are some numbing spicy peanuts. i tried a couple. can confirm, they actually have 乾辣椒和花椒 inside (dried red chili peppers, and sichuan peppercorn). so i was typing this with a numb mouth.
right are dried sunflower seeds. i grew up on this (same brand, same flavor lol). so it's definitely my thing!!! hahaha

thanks so much!!! it's crazy how well curated this is to my taste haha

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby rjbman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby shar pei » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:47 pm

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby monoclelewinsky » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:37 pm

What a care share!! Let me tell you, for my first one, this set a high bar. Watch out to my santa in 2k18.

In this thoughtful CANADA gift, I received:
- a sassy sun hat, perfect for when the Seattle rain ends hehe
- a striped tote featuring some very outgoing colors
- sweet almond soap that made opening the package a beautifully immersive olfactory experience (also I just ran out of soap so this was excellent timing, can't wait to get clean)
- the best candy EVER because I used to live in Canada as a kid and ate that mf coffee crisp all the day so hell yes and the kinder surprise also hell yes (pls do not arrest me for this import)
- a belt that is made out of shell or some other kind of nature material, very stylish
- a knit tank in Neapolitan ice cream colors (looks great over a turtleneck stay posted for fits soon)
- and some cheeky pins!!
- EDIT: awwwww shiet there was a SECRET GIFT included, hidden inside the tote!!a dope MAC lipstick in "cold hard cash" brown, THANK UUUU

Thank you friend for this wonderful and enjoyable experience!! (I don't know your care tag name otherwise I would tag you)

Last edited by monoclelewinsky on Sat May 12, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petty and sweaty
monoclelewinsky

Postby vehk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:53 am

vehk

Postby mahi-mahi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:05 pm

THANKYOU!!!!!

I had the pleasure of receiving my first care share from the man himself!
Included in this box of wonders were:
-a really well-written note, with great handwriting!
- tons of snacks that I can't even pronounce! I love the fruit one- the lychee and mango are my favorites- the wasabi crisp, the granola(?) are amazing as well
-lots of cool print media. the Japanese one is v cool and full of -inspo-. check out this mans zine.
-two very cool tees, one is black from "mister green"- an upcoming brand that deals with 420 culture and creatives- really good drape and sosososoos soft. The other one is an orange 619 shirt-LOCAL TO SAN DIEGO!!! very soft and i look cute in it. thanks (smiling)
-a muji notebook- PERFECT for my scatterbrain
- tons of stickers. can't wait to tag them around campus.

this was incredible. I'm crying.
thank you so much, Stephen! if you're ever in RVA, hit me up. let's do some edibles.

Last edited by sknss on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed img link
mahi-mahi

Postby alby » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:06 pm

YooOO, ptozzi hooked it up, thank you so much dude. Contents include,

- Good Co. shirt and stickers (fits perfectly rock on)
- Essential oil burner - this is actually huge. my gf has been wanting one for a long time so now she will buy the oils and I get to use it. so sick.
- Face Wash - never used any skin products before in my life i've been pretty lucky to have good skin. definitely going to give this a go though.
- PS controller and a usb with lakka distro and games on it - excited to try this out in a few weeks after school is over.
- Field notes - very cool never actually tried out field notes. the grid choice was nice :woop:
- Troon Brewing 24 oz beer - This shit is actually insane. A very great beer. at 7.6% 24 oz had me in bed by 9 pm, well worth it though. very good. wish I could get this around here.
- milano cookies - never had these before in my life, assumed they were all hype. boyo I was wrong. these things are dumb good. I ate the whole bag in a sitting and bought some more the next day, lol.

thank you so much dude, a fantastic share.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby longjumps » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

shamefully late post on my part, since I received this lovely care share from @titkitten a few days ago! I was so giddy opening up the box to find:

~the goods~ (excluding a delicious chocolate bar that I had already shared with my wife beforehand and note that came with)

-pencil case & 2 muji notebooks: so spot on. I am just about to run out of space in my other journal and consistently make a mess of my desktop
-yuzu candy: yum.
-cocoa & tea: hasn't been chilly enough for the hot chocolate just yet, but the tea is something I'm looking forward to trying
-qt bowl: been looking for something like this exactly for a while. pretty much perfect
-malin + goetz vetiver candle: dang this smells fancy - saving it for a special occasion!

w/ more details below:

this was my first care share and I had so much fun with the whole experience. thanks a bunch Rowan/titkitten for the super thoughtful share & to @sknss for organizing!

longjumps

Postby CMYK » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:39 pm

AAAAAAAAA I GOT MINE AWHILE AGO BUT IM AN ASSHOLE AND DIDNT POST AND DIDNT SEND MINE YET EITHER AAHHHHHH

Thank you !

Adorable Note!

Adorable GIfts!

My share goes out on Monday! So sorry person who will not be named! I tried to make it extra nice!

CMYK

Postby jrisk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:58 pm

oh boy, thanks the great care-share !!

this tote is soo big and sturdy! it's so funny that you sent me a martha's vineyard bag, I have family friends who live there year round and I've spent a bunch of time there. this is going to be a very good beach tote.

this beams book is so hefty. can't wait to leaf through it!

love the yayoi kusama pin. I've stuck it on my jacket already B)

can't say how much I enjoyed receiving this package. thanks again!

jrisk

Postby ptozzi » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Got this a few days ago but was waiting to post with a fitpic. Thank you for the great package!

-muji sweatshirt, cozy
-2 chocolate bars from Seattle, I was hesitant to try the chili one but I actually like it more than the other one
-some sort of blooming tea, gotta look into this
-a download link for a Nick Cave album, gonna listen to this on my commute this week
-handwritten note/postcard
-club monaco mac jacket. ironically enough, i had this in my grailed wardrobe, so no need to apologize for gifting me something you were trying to sell! I love this thing. fitpic below.

Thanks again (smiling)

ptozzi

PreviousNext

Return to Care