[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: ~~Care Share 2017~~

Postby xinijia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 pm

big thank you to for the share! feels like an early Christmas (smiling)
got some stationary, books, coffee, chocolate, handwarmers, Nintendo® Pocket Monsters™ figurines and a very nice note too!
also fit on the huge damir doma ting on bottom right corner:

i love it all

my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby thephfactor » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Received my care share from the other day, couldn't be more happy about it :D

They hooked me up with:

-several varieties of chocolate
-Cher and Knifecream (Seattle-based drone/harsh noise/industrial/techno outfit (!!!)) cassetes
-2 zines, one by a friend of a friend of M.L. about a sad whale, the other a Seattle punk music zine (sweet).
-a little notebook (i literally always need notebooks)
-moon-tracking fridge magnet (yessss)
-a novel about not eating animals, which includes essays (!!) and counter-essays (!!!) from critics and philosophers. (can't wait to dig in)
-muji tote (very into it)
-a MUG AND SAUCER SET! (absolutely lovely)
-a shit ton of tea
-postcard from Elliott Bay Book Company in Seattle with a sweet note from M.L. on the back

Wowee what a share! Love all the local stuff, makes me want to get up to Seattle sometime. Thank you so much Monocle!

thephfactor

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:25 pm

edit: thank you so much to !

holy shit did the care-share i got fill a hole in my life I didn't know i had. Let me list this stuff and then ramble about how much I love it. Even though I've been a bit dormant on CT lately, someone (I couldn't find a name, and I don't want to doxx the poster!) really knocked it out of the park with a thoughtful, generous, and genuine gift. I appreciate it/them, and all of you as a community and how we've been able to know each other through the years!

* Hi-Chew Candies. Plural isn't plural enough for how generous my gifter was, and I now have a new favorite candy
* Pocky -- who doesn't love pocky. Extra Spoiled with two varieties
* Green-Tea Kit Kats -- nuff said
* Two different kinds of chocolate I can't wait to munch on
* A bag of what seems like it's going to be absolutely amazing coffee which I can't wait to drink with a slab of that chocolate mentioned in the previous point
* Chippewa Laces. Are you in my house, gifter? I Just ripped a pair of my boot laces, and it's uncanny how immediately useful these are for me.
* Wool socks as thick and warm as any I've ever tried. Supremely comfortable, and oh so welcome as the temps here dive to 10F and below.
* AESOP Hand Balm - I've always tried this stuff in the small tubes and loved it (and had it react well!). Again, it's uncanny as I have been shopping around for a new hand moisturizer and this was on my shortlist
* AESOP Sample container - Lovely and perfect timing as I spend too much time trying new things to clean up my overly-dried skin from this cold
* A Magazine issue curated by Eckhaus Latta that I've only started thumbing through but love
* Fashion for Men Magazine (Summer 2017 Issue) that I can't wait to open and flip through, one I haven't seen anything from and has been on my list to snag and consume
* Bootleg CDGP CARE sticker, fucking perfect and brilliant
* Branca sticker (I'm unfamiliar, would love more info if anyone has to PM.) Immediately threw it on my bike as it's deffo Aesthetic
* LEGO PEN. Another fucking perfect thing, going to tease my niece and nephew who are now getting into legos bigtime that they could have the LEGO LIFE

More pics in spoiler

Last edited by ramdomthought on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ramdomthought

Postby titkitten » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 am

titkitten

Postby radicalbusiness » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Big ups to worknights for the rad care share!!!

Love all this stuff so much - wow.

Items include a sweet tee by hidden characters (really cool brand - need more black tees in my life so this is perfect), a black wool hat by bridge and burn, a bunch of hi-chew candies I ate immediately so they're not pictured, an edition of 'cabinet' mag (love this a lot), and a huuuuuuge visual encyclopedia of fashion names.

I'm actually about to spend the next 10 weeks living in south asia so I'll be taking the hat and shirt on many adventures. Lending the book to a friend to enjoy while I'm gone.

Also , I would love to see you and other seattle folks in spring when I'm back too!

radicalbusiness

Postby can- » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Hello,

I received this wonderful share from rjbrodog a month or more ago. apologies to the forum for getting around to sharing it so late.

-dope Syd Mead art coffee table book
-dope W)Gibson graphic novel Archangel
-bop it mini, this is a great hit at parties
-colossal cafe hot sauce with habaneros n mango
-cute dinosaur tea steeper and teas
-packable tote bag that i bring everytime i go to the grocery store
-creed aventus scent
-cute boba fett lego keychain

thanks to and happy new years all.

can-

Postby vgtbls » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Got this great package from ages ago and didn't post it like a real jerk. Thank you so much!

ALL-IN, a very sick magazine, BLESS on the cover!
Two local zines about my favorite things: lists and plants!
Amazing Engineered Garments cotton scarf that has been saving my life on my bike commute
Absolutely stunning Kaptain Sunshine overalls! god damn these are cool.

Thank you so so much.

vgtbls

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Sorry this is so late Katy and I have been travelling so much that I think we missed the post like a million times.

Thank you so much ! The chocolates didn’t last long and were delish!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby germinal » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 am

Hello friends

I received this terrific care package from back in December. Sorry it's taken me three months to get round to posting this. The Zeke's and the Huckle's went down particularly well, and the hat has kept me ears cosy this winter. Thank you so much! :woop:

delicacies, cavities, velleities, cosmonaut

dreams, nightmares

warm hat, cool note, hot sauce

germinal
Garminlad

Postby wrong » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:00 am

i received this lovely lot back in december, only took me almost four months to post about it!
thank you @alby
it included the following:
comfy long sleeve from August
case study houses book
hypebeast techman issue magazine
strike the empire back - great little comic
A COOL BELT
stickers
toothbrush
set of cards
cool table game
and a handwritten note!

thanks again @alby
and all c-t!

wrong

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm

mc-lunar

Postby windowflowers » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:28 pm

windowflowers

Postby madlib » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 am

madlib

Postby sknss » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:01 am

Dear ,

Thank you so much for your lovely care package!

I've been enjoying it all:
-the book of chickpea recipes, my favourite bean
-the 1970's book of indoor plant with colourful illustrations
-the poster from Let's make rabbits (I need to read this book!)
-the American delicacies -- I am still trying to get used to all the strange Airheads flavours. We've tried the fluff on sourdough, it was great!
-the super cool straw shaped into my name (how did you make this???)
-and finally, the fantastic Care Share participant badge!! Looks incredible

Thank you Jon!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby sknss » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:04 am

We're still waiting on a couple people to post about the care share they received:

Please take a moment to say thank you!

If you haven't received anything, please contact me and we'll sort it out.

sknss

Care share 2018 is now OPEN!

Postby sknss » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:58 am

Hello,

Please join in this year's care share by filling in

This is care-tags' own secret santa. The almighty algorithm decides on who sends to whom. Have a look through the previous pages to see what kind of stuff people send.
Just to give you an idea, I usually budget £50 - £20 for buying presents and £30 for shipping internationally. Giving second hand items is encouraged, and you have the option to ship local.

You have until Friday 26 October to sign up.

I will assign a care share recipient to everyone on Sunday 28 October. You will receive an email that day, so make sure you check your inbox.

You will then have until Sunday 18 November to send your parcel. When you do, please send me a wee email. Tracked shipping is always preferrable - items sometimes get lost in the post.

After that, all you have to do is wait for your care share to arrive! I will send you an email with tracking info when your parcel leaves home.

When you receive your care share, please take a picture (or even better, record a video) and post it in this thread to say thank you!

Yours truly,

sknss

Postby bels » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am

I will join but I have already given everyone a huge gift with my mastodon account

bels
Yung Winona

Re: Care Share 2018 !!

Postby norman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Count me in!

Edit: i might have missed this but can we get the clothing sizes of our gift receivers?
edit2: i didnt realize there was a fill out form oop

Last edited by norman on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby zevolution » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 pm

I wrote "open to new experiences" for the section on your favorite designer but it could also b Dana Lee (both can be true!)

zevolution

Postby jrisk » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

if you're reading my posts, i've started collecting vinyl (smiling)

jrisk

Postby alby » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am

thanks for always hosting this skns :sweg:

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 am

Please keep signing up!

sknss

Postby sknss » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:05 pm

This year I will be operating a strict quality control. You will send me care shares, I'll make sure everything is fine, then send it on to your recipient.
Please note, I cannot be held responsible for missing items such as chocolate or kombucha.

sknss

Postby sknss » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up!

sknss

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:14 am

Care share applications are now CLOSED

sknss

Postby sknss » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:54 am

Sent everyone their match!
Check your inbox, and message me if you haven't got yours!

sknss

Postby sknss » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:57 pm

I found a box to send my parcel in, that's half of the work done

sknss

Postby sknss » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:40 pm

If you're thinking about ordering stuff online, you probably want it do it now

sknss

Postby sknss » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Aaand the first care share is on its way!
Everyone else, you've got until Sunday to send yours. Please email me with the tracking number when you do so!

sknss

Postby sknss » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to send your care share!
After that, I'll start collecting the fines (one dog picture per day).

sknss

PreviousNext

Return to Care