[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - CARE SHARE 2020

CARE SHARE 2020

Off topic

Re: Sharing is Caring // The Care Share

Postby bels » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:03 am

bit late in the day, but should we also pm starfo with some likes/dislikes that he could forward to interested parties? Might make things easier because I bet some people are probably struggling a bit. Or could link pintrests or amazon wishlists or whatever?

I have a pintrest http://www.pinterest.com/belabart/clothes/ and a http://dressed.so/user/view/belabartok and obvo post fits on here too, but some ppl who don't post much maybe could put something out there? Maybe?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby charybdis » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:10 am

Maybe if you're having trouble have starfox pm your person to ask about likes/dislikes/dietary restrictions?

Also, is this is a gift swap between two people, or more of a conga line thing. That was never clear to me.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby germinal » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:16 am

i dunno i feel like people should be able to get a good idea of their match's personality/interests by reading through their comments, no? and if that person hasn't made a lot of comments then they shouldn't be too upset that they get a less personalised package. If people are sending each other amazon wishlists and what-have-you that removes a lot of the fun imo. Anyone worrying that their gift won't be up to calibre shouldn't do so, because as far as i can tell you're all kind and generous and thoughtful, and whatever you come up with will be very exciting for and much appreciated by your partner

pretty sure it's a conga line dwindles

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:25 am

I agree with you Germs. An Amazon wishlist is prolly too far. But I think something vaguely useful like a pintrest or a fit archive might not go amiss for some people. I think maybe leave it to the gift receivers to decide what they want to put out there but narrowing stuff down too much should rightly be considered In Poor Taste.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:15 am

if you want me to ask your person for some help or whatever, that's fine, but i also feel like it is a little late in the game to be doing that. but i agree with germs that for the most part you should be able to glean at least some insight into your person's interests, either from posts on here or on reddit.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:29 pm

I didn't have a box for my care share so I ordered some boxes from amazon but they only send me box lids but fortunately the box they sent the boxes in looks to be about the right size.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Oh no. People are making up boxes. My gift fits in an envelope.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm

it's not about the size of your share but the level of care

can-

Postby ramseames » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Just shipped out my package. Apparently sending anything overseas >2kg without it taking 2 months costs a shocking amount. But they'll get it well in time for Christmas so it's worth it.

ramseames

Postby midvh » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Should I write who the package is from (midvh/my name), or is it supposed to be a secret? I have no idea how this works, I've never done anything similar before.

midvh

Postby starfox64 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Write who it is from. I don't know that the post office will let you send it without a return address, for one thing.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby germinal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:34 am

Could it be???

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Are we waiting until christmas?

I'm going to be away for Christmas.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:33 pm

open itttttt

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Raaamseeeeeaaaams

A cash selection of goods as can be seen. Two hats, vodka, maple syrup, biscuits and a book on post modernism.

Side note: I think he went over the maximum spend on the postage alone so props for going above and beyond my friend

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Wow that came ridiculously early. Glad you like it

ramseames

Postby bels » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 pm

If you're ever in Cambridge I'll buy you lunch bro. Gonna make pancakes for the next three weeks

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:19 am

Dear recipient,

After a baffling time at the Post Office (they have these new automated machines, and I was in a spin trying to work out how to pay for an envelope and postage without a human) I forgot to add my letter to the package.

Please do not be confused/worried by what I have sent. PM me when you get it and I will explain what the mystery piece is.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby hunnish » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Belazebub!

Got the most amazingly eclectic gift from Bela in the mail today.

Stikfas of Samurai with Stallion, make your own mini kites, command hooks and clothes hooks, a flask, a pocket sewing kit, lighter, gloves, a tee from muji compressed into a cube, pants I almost bought from him this summer, plenty of sweets and a copy of Snakes with Wings and Gold-Digging Ants.

This is great, Bela. Top contender for favorite gift I've gotten. Thanks!

hunnish

Postby hooplah » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 pm

wow

my gift sucks

my person is going to be so disappointed

everyone else's gifts are like extensive gourmet buffets and mine is like a restaurant where the only item on the menu is a plate of dried out poop

hooplah

Postby bels » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:13 pm

The mini kites are for when you finally decide to settle down and fall in love hunnish. If you spend an afternoon making and flying mini kites with someone they can't help but fall in love with you.

The command hooks are because you're probably going to be renting accommodation for the next couple of years and they don't make walls

The clothes hook things are cedarwood to stop moths destroying your garms.

Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hooplah » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:10 am

i can't even tell you how hard i laughed when i opened the package

hooplah

Postby starfox64 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:25 am

^ maybe the best care-tags post ever.

i have been in consultation with a few friends about what to get my giftee as being 'representative of korea' and tonight i was telling them about other packages and showed them hooplah's video and explained the gift and my friend said, 'man, i feel like i haven't been taking enough advantage of the internet.'

i'm not really conveying the sentiment accurately because i'm kind of drunk but i'm really happy with how the care share has progressed thus far.

starfox64

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 am

Your friend wants to take advantage of hooplah. We get it.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby starfox64 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 am

well i thought my friend was straight but maybe things have changed

starfox64

Postby RycePooding » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm really nervous my person's going to be disappointed compared to Bela/ramsemes/etc.

RycePooding

Postby sensodyne » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:08 pm

really wishing i hadnt missed the deadline, looks like a lot of fun

sensodyne

Postby rjbman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Really wish I'd have decided to break into my savings earlier and participated, hopefully by next year I'll have steady income.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby purkinje » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:51 pm

after all of these amazing things idk my carer sharer is going to be so let down

I barely know any of you but you seem like amazing ppl

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

PreviousNext

Return to Care