[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - You Ain't Got No Yeezy In Your Threadlist?

You Ain't Got No Yeezy In Your Threadlist?

Off topic

You Ain't Got No Yeezy In Your Threadlist?

Postby Cowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 am

Kanye talk. Can't believe this doesn't exist

Cowboy

Re: You Ain't Got No Yeezy In Your Threadlist?

Postby bels » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:56 am

it does exist.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:58 am

Anyone watch the interview today?

Was absolute chaos. Caught about half of it, he was very passionate.

The big news music wise is that Swish will most likely be poppy and light. Will it take over Radio????

He's also very proud of YZYSZN stuff but I don't know.

I suppose it's just embodying the Last Call "I use it as my gas" notion. No complaints from me.

Cowboy

Postby iwtt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:24 am

i love kanye so much but i'm just not so fond of his latest output
wolves is a great song though, i hope it sets the tone for SWISH more than only one

iwtt

Postby can- » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:38 am

what is the actual line? 'y'all ain't got no yeezy in serrano' ? like the pepper?

can-

Postby bels » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:47 am

no can it's "Y'all ain't got no yeezy in Cyrano?" a reference to Kanye's absence in Edmond Rostand's play, cyrano de bergerac

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:48 am

y'all ain't got no yeezy in your (small italian village kanye visited as a child)

EDIT: turns out i was wrong, upon further investigation I actually found out he is saying , a reference to Kanye's little known third passion, beyond fashion and music: yu gi oh trading card game

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby Cowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Kanye said he is better than Picasso today would the art folk like to confirm this for me

Cowboy

Postby bels » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:32 pm

I can confirm that it's false.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby dull » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Wish the price wasn't so ridiculous, and I feel it could have had more potential if it was a stand alone project as opposed to an adidas collab.

dull

Postby tomsfood » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 pm

ranking of artists (xpost to high fidelity top 5)
1. Raf simons
2. Kanye west
3. Whoever invented cheese
4. Bela (i hear he's a wonderful poet)
Last place. Picasso

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby aporea » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:52 pm

interview is interesting so far. i like that he doesn't seem to be making up shit that sounds like it would fit well after the questions, like some grandiose artist statement or postmodern talking points. the fact that his thoughts aren't really organized and he has a tough time explaining himself and getting his words out, and it visibly upsets him at points, makes him seem a bit more relatable to me

aporea

Postby Cowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:03 pm

This thread should also function as the place where we ponder his psyche and impact on the world as if we actually know things

For example

What has his impact been on race relations in America? Is there any? Does anyone listen to New Slaves and actually think or do they just know what the song wants them to think and then they don't actually think it.

Cowboy

Postby can- » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 pm

I don't know about impacting race relations but I'm definitely convinced that people wouldn't hate Kanye so much if he were white. it offends people at a subconscious level to have to face a black man with his degree of entitlement. (not that Kanye has any reason not to feel entitled)

can-

Postby Cowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:49 pm

He's spoken specifically about that. I believe I missed a portion of the interview where he said some hate for YZYSZN, or more specially the 750's, was just because of who he is and who is behind it.

Also some stuff about all the petitions against him and so on.

And the entirety of I Am A God. In an interview (I forget which) he speaks about knowing that people were asking "why did he say God...why not...pimp...or...G"

Taylor Swift incident probably bites into that a lot. As in, a black man tells a cherished white woman that a black woman deserves her award.

Strong point can~

Cowboy

Postby can- » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:50 pm

can-

Postby thephfactor » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:54 pm

IDK why I haven't seen it before, but the music vid for Welcome to Heartbreak is really good.

thephfactor

Postby Yoder » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Yoder

Postby germinal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Where to start with kanye west?

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Cowboy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Beyond going chronologically, I would actually take the time and keep up with each song on Rapgenius.

Probably won't get every reference, but understanding what he's going for in some cases heightens the experience.

Also pay attention to the beats, they are masterful and very intricate:

Please keep us updated on what you think!

Cowboy

Postby nick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:45 pm

I don't doubt Kenny has a few lyrics that go beyond surface level but some of those RapGenius annotations are some of the highest form of bullshit and "reaching" that exists on the internet and that's saying a lot. It's like high school English class on steroids.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby gustavobradley » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby can- » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:02 pm

to be fair I've said some pretty stupid shit

can-

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:05 pm

What area do people on C-T prefer Kanye in? Is it his music, his fashion sense, his presendtial aims or what is it? Personally I love Kanye for his music, his crudeness and honesty and him not apologizing for himself. His sense of fashion is alright but I think he could improve a lot. I love that he has really gone towards making clothes for people other than himself, even though the prices might not be there yet, he's trying. I love that he keeps expanding himself in as many fields as he wants and doesn't hold himself back, even when he misspeak. He's not afraid to admit he was wrong and that he didn't say the right things because he was in the process of a mental flow as we usually see when he rants. I'm a bit sad that he is taking the presedential campaign seriously, which means there will be less time for his music (come with SWISH already), his clothes and all the other projects he's working on. He's a powerhouse working 24/7 on his own music, others music, planning tour with Rihanna, making clothes, being with Nori, making the video game with his mother in heaven, doing concerts, album with Drake and a whole lot of other things. I manage to get a few things done every day. He does things in a day that takes me a few weeks. Of course he has a lot of help but you get the idea.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby bels » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:41 pm

this thread is made bearable by rjbeemon's chrome filter.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:42 am

are Drake ppl / Kanye ppl like dog/cat ppl???

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:07 am

thank you everyone for your advice. as suggested, i have decided to approach this musical odyssey (The Kanyead) chronologically. At merge lobbies's recommendation, i have decided to keep everyone updated with what i think, consulting with rapgenius when need be, starting with

The College Dropout (2004)

1. Intro (skit)

Gives the listener (me) a little background about how Kanye first got into making music. Neat idea.

2. We Don't Care

This song is about Kanye's struggles growing up in inner-city America, building his drug empire. There's a children's choir, which is funny, because I wouldn't want my kids listening to this!

3. Graduation Day (skit)

I was brushing my teeth and missed this one.

4. All Falls Down

From Rap Genius: "Purchasing luxury items can be very effective in temporarily increasing happiness and self-esteem though it’s just a quick fix that helps one to forget their real problems and deep rooted unhappiness"

5. I'll Fly Away

I've heard this one before. I like the choir.

6. Spaceman

A bit of a change of pace, and a change of instrumentation, a track where Kanye tries his hand at singing. He has pretty good voice. "And the public don't dwell my transmission / Cause it wasn't televised / But, it was the turning point, / Oh what a lonely night," he sings. The struggles on the road to fame, knowing you have talent but no one is giving you the time of day, isolation -- these themes are all emerging as important ones on this record.

7. Jesus Walks

At this point i got a call from Tim from Morrisons, he's on his way with my groceries, but he's having a little trouble finding my house. No problem mate, google maps doesnt show my address very accurately, you want to park next to the offy and go up the sidestreet round the corner. See you in five.

9. Get them High

From rapgenius: "This song is about the time Jay Z bet Kanye he couldn't convince Eminem, formerly of Minor Threat, to smoke weed."

10. Workinonit

It's cool that Kanye feels confident enough in his production skills to let them take centre stage here.

11. The New Workout Plan

Tim made it. He's really nice and offers to take my groceries into the kitchen for me. That won't be necessary, Tim.

12. Slow Jamz

Aww they give you a free gingerbread Morrisons worker with your first online order. Unfortunately it isn't vegan.

13. Breathe In

Another chance for Kanye to flex his production skills. This is much more electronic. I want to dance but the vocals are harshing my jizz. I can't understand a word. Quit harshing my jizz, man!

Here I should say that I think my download was missing a few tracks, because it goes straight from 13 to 18. And now i see i don't have a track 8 either. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

18. Two Words

This track is considerably more than two words. Ended up skipping it.

19. Through The Knowledge Of Those Who Observe Us

This track is similar to track 13, sort of disco-y. It's super uplifting. The choir is back. "Can you climb the highest mountain?" they sing to Kanye. This is the emotional denouement of the album. He can achieve anything.

20. Family Business

from Rafgenius: "You have read that Muad'Dib had no playmates his own age on Caladan. The dangers were too great. But Muad'Dib did have wonderful companion-teachers. There was Gurney Halleck, the troubadour-warrior. You will sing some of Gurney's songs as you read along in this book. There was Thufir Hawat, the old Mentat Master of Assassins, who struck fear even into the heart of the Padishah emperor. There were Duncan Idaho, the Swordmaster of the Ginaz; Dr Wellington Yueh, a name black in treachery but bright in knowledge; the Lady Jessica, who guided her son in the Bene Gesserit way, and -- of course -- the Duke Leto, whose qualities as a father have long been overlooked."

21. Closing Time

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end / I know who I want to take me home" Clearly about meeting Kim Kardashian for the first time. What a lovely way to close the record.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby nick » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:03 pm

Kenny west's artistry has inspired me to create a rap tune of my own featuring pitched up classic soul samples and auto tuned vocals. Please enjoy this original composition.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Cowboy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:54 am

Heckawheel Tell Me About Ye

Cowboy

Postby bels » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Nick can you please post the lyrics.

bels
Yung Winona

Next

Return to Care