[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - You Ain't Got No Yeezy In Your Threadlist?

You Ain't Got No Yeezy In Your Threadlist?

Off topic

Re: You Ain't Got No Yeezy In Your Threadlist?

Postby Cowboy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:11 am

Cowboy

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:40 am

the man won't ever be as relevant as he was when MBDTF dropped

still think it's the best album of the decade but it is as high as he will ever go

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:37 pm

hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby rjbman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 pm

hell i even turned on notifications last week when he was tweeting all this uplifting wholesome shit

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 pm

how did it take me this long to realize that kanye and trump have very similar public personas

i've said this before but if thin white duke-era bowie said he loved hitler and people forgot about it, and john galliano's still designing, then i'm gonna keep being a yeezy fan

i'm sure people have different views on this ofc but in order to convince me otherwise you're gonna have to first convince me that anything that happens on twitter actually matters

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:04 pm

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby 106-2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:39 am

I don't think that ye's angling to push conservatism (https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/989897228511670272) but I think his promotion of trump as a black guy with a transgender mother-in-law, a daughter and wife (really don't like using the whole 'wives and daughters' argument but its not like he looks far outside of his own circle nowadays) is just damaging.

Why do you think that so many conservatives/alt-right voices were so quick to endorse his tweets, having previously mocked him previously? (eg. Ian Miles Cheong going from legit calling him a satanist to stanning him, there are more) He legitimises their views, even if he isn't directly promoting them. ye doesnt have to push their ideology because all it takes is some fans to be exposed to those who actually are through their coverage - it's irresponsible on his part

also don't really see the equivalence between r kelly and ye? ye chose to put these views out in the public, r kelly has tried his very hardest to hide his crimes. r kelly fully deserves to be brought to justice dont get me wrong

106-2

Postby rjbman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 am

also probably semi-related to this: kanye dropped a new single and its the best rapping he's done in years, regardless of your thoughts on him personally, you deserve to check it out: http://www.kanyewest.com/

rjbman

Postby mknro » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Last edited by mknro on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mknro

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:42 pm

hahahahahahaahahahahaaaahhhaaaa
kanye's a fucking master troll, making literally everybody mad in the span of a single week

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby mknro » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 pm

mknro

Postby bels » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:39 am

Is kanye west an ARG now

bels
Yung Winona

Postby parastexis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 pm

fuck kanye. already threw out all of my clothes whose color can be described as 'dusty'

parastexis

Postby mknro » Tue May 01, 2018 1:35 pm

talks fashion at 1:09:20

mknro

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed May 02, 2018 4:07 am

i'm just so tired

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed May 02, 2018 4:29 am

i really wish kanye's music wasn't the defining soundtrack of my most formative years so i wouldn't have this kneejerk reaction to mitigate every dumb thing he says

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby mknro » Wed May 02, 2018 5:02 am

3:20

I'm not gonna justify everything he said at TMZ, cause he said quite a few stupid things.

I will however say that he clearly says "when you hear about slavery". He was talking about the choice to focus on slavery in current dialogue rather than on things that in his eyes are helpful in showing a way forward.

Again, I'm biased, and I'm not saying I agree with his thoughts in that regard (I'm not trying to give any sort of opinion on a discussion that I have no part in), just making sure his words are interpreted the right way.

In the Charlamagne interview from 36:40 to 46:30 he touches on the same idea, I believe. (particularly at 37:20 and at 38:00)

mknro

Postby bels » Wed May 02, 2018 2:19 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu May 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Last edited by rjbman on Thu May 03, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added + fixed twitter embeds :)
CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby costanza » Mon May 07, 2018 4:03 pm

I think he wants to break free of being identified within the group identity of being black. I think he is striving for being viewed as an individual first and then a black person, instead of vice versa. Not to play down what he said, but after saying that slavery is a choice he goes on to say 'we're mentally in prison'.

He is more eloquent about breaking free from tyranny in Saint Pablo:

Most black men couldn't balance a checkbook
But buy a new car, talkin' 'bout "how my neck look?"
Well... it all looks great
Four hundred years later, we buyin' our own chains
The light is before us brothers, so the devil workin' hard
Real family stick together and see through the mirage
The smokescreens, perceptions of false reality
Who the real owner if your boss gets a salary?

Also the new song Ye vs. the People is on the same line:

Y'all been leadin' with hate, see I just approach it different
Like a gang truce, the first Blood to shake the Crip's hand
I know everybody emotional
Is it better if I rap about crack? Huh? 'Cause it's cultural?
Or how about I'ma shoot you? Or fuck your bitch?
Or how about all this Gucci, 'cause I'm fuckin' rich?

costanza

Postby windowflowers » Mon May 07, 2018 10:26 pm

well, relating to that

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... ye/559763/

pretty great article by ta-nahisi coates

windowflowers

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:31 pm

what'd you guys think of the album? i'm a big fan

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby rjbman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:28 pm

ghost towns is good

just gonna leave this here though

rjbman

Postby mknro » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:57 am

I'm not massive on it. you can tell it was made in a month. kinda sad that he scrapped the album he was building towards after the whole tmz incident, hopefully we still get that at some point.

I liked some directions he went sonically but his lyrics for 50% of the album just weren't for me.

I can appreciate that this album is very clearly made more for himself than for anyone else and in that regard it's cool to hear but not something I'll come back to as much as I do his other work.

Very excited about Kids See Ghosts this friday though

mknro

Postby vgtbls » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Imagine flying to Wyoming to listen to your favorite artist play a 24 minute album, and the album is also bad

vgtbls

Previous

Return to Care