[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Lift things up and put them down.

Lift things up and put them down.

Off topic

Re: Lift things up and put them down.

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:38 pm

If there aren't any stores in your area the best thing is to order from an online store with free returns so you can order a bunch and send the rest back. I'd suggest getting your street shoe size and maybe half a size down from a couple different brands on some entry-level (nonaggressive) shoes to see which lasts fit you best. Also leather shoes will stretch a bit.

ohnodeadchickens

Postby RomanEmpire » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Hit a small milestone today and repped a plate on squats today :woop: My chin-ups still suck though

RomanEmpire

Postby sparkyoriental » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Got roped into signing up for a triathlon by a few friends. We've got a group of 4 to train together. It's a sprint - .5 mile swim, 16 mile bike ride, 3 mile run.

Anybody here do triathlons? I'm quite excited for work/school to die down so I can train seriously. It's nice because a female friend and I have pretty equal fitness so we're going to be accountability partners and do most of our runs/bikes/swims together and carpool to the lake and routes. Woo!

sparkyoriental

Postby rjbman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Wish so hard that I had a good lifting buddy :(

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby seth83292 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:23 pm

I love lifting alone. I get to keep my own pace, have my own party with my headphones and it keeps me focused. A regular spot to try and push some exercises would be nice though.

also I *never* am on the same body part as a friend when they want to lift.

seth83292

Postby stealth » Thu May 01, 2014 9:35 pm

My progress so far

Short video of a deadlift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-bnRd3eA-8

stealth

Postby bueno » Fri May 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Do you guys mix your bean energy shake with anything to make it taste better?

bueno

Postby rjbman » Fri May 02, 2014 6:56 pm

My shakes are usually made of bean energy powder, milk, ice cream, and whatever fruits/nuts I wanna add to it.

rjbman

Postby SteevMike » Mon May 05, 2014 7:38 pm

225 bench today.

yay.

SteevMike

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue May 06, 2014 12:39 am

Haven't been able to increase squat weight for a week or so. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. Any way to lose body fat while gaining muscle? I know that sounds very noobie but I hate this extra flab.

RomanEmpire

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue May 06, 2014 1:05 am

You can gain muscle while losing fat but it's a very slow process that takes a lot of dialing in. You have to be eating very little and making most of what you eat bean energy.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby g2x222 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:16 am

g2x222

Postby sid3000 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:27 am

I use a blender bottle without the ball. powder, water, ice. I recently started using a hard shake, which is the like a bartenders cocktail shake but with a more specific technique and jesus it's like Ive never tasted chocolate before. The extra step of really working air into the drink is so worth it.

sid3000

Postby brlmski » Tue May 06, 2014 12:53 pm

tested 1rms before I go to china. 190/280/345. Don't know if I want to keep trying LP when I get back or move to like 5/3/1.

brlmski

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue May 06, 2014 7:45 pm

RomanEmpire

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue May 06, 2014 9:06 pm

It's really up to you man. It's getting into summer now so it depends on what body you want and how long you want it to take.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat May 17, 2014 3:07 pm

I think I am going to cut out most of the squats from my routine- once a week probably. At least until I can sort out my muscle imbalance. I have literally no muscle on my upper body. All of it is in my legs. I feel like a t-rex.

Is it really necessary to squat three times a week?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby rjbman » Sat May 17, 2014 5:15 pm

No, and that's honestly my biggest issue with Starting Strength and anything else doing that. IMO 1 major lower body exercise (squats, deadlifts) and the rest upper body is my current plan.

rjbman

Postby nucktux » Wed May 21, 2014 9:11 am

nucktux

Postby donut_milk » Wed May 21, 2014 6:51 pm

I'm going to attempt to squat my body weight later today (120 lbs). I feel like it should be alright seeing as 115 lbs is getting easier.

donut_milk

Postby sid3000 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:39 pm

I find doing a very low weight, high rep set on leg press loosens my upper legs up nicely for deadlifts. 8 months seems like a long time with no improvement, try looking up a program or something. just make sure from starting position you take a deep inhale and hold it to engage your core, that should make it significantly easier to get off the ground and bring your hips forward.

sid3000

Postby nucktux » Thu May 22, 2014 4:14 am

nucktux

Postby nevergreen » Fri May 23, 2014 12:20 am

not necessarily lifting but still working out: FUCK burpees and mountain climbers goddamn i forgot how much i hated these things

nevergreen

Postby Capt » Fri May 23, 2014 12:55 am

Man the talk of burpees reminds me of doing updowns in full pads for football. There was something special about being able to drop straight down and not feel a thing.

I think my fondness for them is more clouded my nostalgia, but man up downs were great.

Capt

Postby balloons » Sat May 24, 2014 1:32 am

people who travel a lot: how do you stay in shape?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby ramseames » Sat May 24, 2014 9:26 am

Not sure what travel a lot means in your context but every hotel has a gym and even if you don't bring proper runners sneakers are fine for the treadmill (although fuk treadmills in any other situation)

ramseames

Postby balloons » Sat May 24, 2014 6:02 pm

was mostly just out of curiosity; I don't travel to the point where it's a serious limiting factor

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby teck » Sun May 25, 2014 1:57 pm

its blasphemy to say this because im a lifting bro but traveling and running go together well -- its a great way to explore a city, its free, you can do it anywhere its safe and as long as u have shoes, and its supposed to help with jet lag. plus it builds a nice appetite so u can eat local foods!

teck

Postby teck » Sun May 25, 2014 2:01 pm

yea SL has a lot of squating. its good for starting off because its such a good basic movement. i stopped squating 3X a week because it was killing my knees even with good form. now i just do 1x a week

teck

Postby fountainstairs » Mon May 26, 2014 12:53 pm

sometimes getting in the shower after a workout is more of a struggle than the workout itself.

fountainstairs

PreviousNext

Return to Care