[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Lift things up and put them down.

Lift things up and put them down.

Off topic

Re: Lift things up and put them down.

Postby thug » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:04 pm

wrestling is kicking my ass

I will be a roman god in march

thug

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Pulled a neck muscle at bjj and now everything I do including lying down causes excrutiating pain. This happens about once a year. I wish I had health insurance so I could get a cortisone shot.

I remember when I first started bjj this happened like once a week because I was always trying to muscle out of triangles, but I guess I healed faster back then.

thomaspaine

Postby RycePooding » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:38 pm

am i supposed to be sore all the fucking time

RycePooding

Postby sid3000 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 pm

try getting some bcaa powder to drink during your workout. I use amino1 by musclepharm and I dont get sore anymore except a little bit after leg workouts. Really helps if you gym more than 3x/week.

sid3000

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:10 am

Has anyone experienced shoulder bursitis? Got it from overuse and have been out of exercise for almost a month now. Finally saw my doctor after having to reschedule a bunch of times and got some exercises to do to repair it. He said it should be healed in two weeks, but curious as to other peoples experiences with it

ohnodeadchickens

Postby sid3000 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:26 am

how much different is it from regular DOMS? For aches that last more than a couple days I do some yoga to get the joints loose. My ankles or wrists can sometimes flare up for 1 week+ and at that point I do like a warm water bath with epsom salt to soak them. In your case I would just scale that up to a bathtub. That usually helps to move the fluids around in the joints. warm towel and light compression is also an option.

sid3000

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 am

Kinda different since it has seemingly serious symptoms (instability, pain, clickingx10) in the acute phase of the injury. Definitely doing more epsom salt baths and deep tissue massages though.

ohnodeadchickens

Postby bels » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:30 am

Might be a stupid question ryce but are you stretching?
Helped me with my soreness. I do that starting stretching routine and try and do it every day. Great feels

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:38 pm

seems like a lot of people getting hurt.

thomas sorry about your neck. i once sprained an ankle really bad because i thought i could get out of a heelhook. heel hooks are awesome.

i deloaded today but on my last set of deadlifts i heard a pop in my lower back. i think it'll be fine but its scary getting hurt. reminds you of your mortality.

whats the closest you guys been to death?

teck

Postby anonomous » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:25 pm

The deadlift thing happened to me recently, i was on my last rep of deadlifts and i told myself i could do it, when i felt something pull,twitch in my lower back, immediately dropped the weight and i stopped doing it for the day.

Closest i've been to death while lifting is... barbell falling onto my chest when i benched (about 180lbs) till failure without a spotter. Was a year ago. A guy saw me from afar and came over to lift it up for me and i thanked him profusely. Got really scared of doing bench press for a bit.

Ryce, have you tried taking fish oil?

anonomous

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:00 pm

thomaspaine

Postby teck » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:16 pm

anono what was your recovery process like? did u just not lift for a few weeks?

teck

Postby RycePooding » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:52 pm

I don't take anything - fish oil, or even bean energy powder. Just been eating tons of eggs and chicken. This is all so complicated -_-

RycePooding

Postby bels » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Try not to go too deep into it. Do the minimal and then evaluate if it's working for you. If not, then try and increase the complication.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:36 pm

i worked out for the first time in months yesterday. it felt stellar and i'm sore in a comforting way today

schiaparelli

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm

since everyone is talking about their injuries i suppose i'll go. during sparring last week at karate i got kicked in the chest fairly hard right at the bottom of my sternum in a place called the xiphoid process. It's incredibly painful, especially since my sternum was injured fairly badly one time and it never seemed to heal fully or properly.

Stingray Sam

Postby anonomous » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:24 pm

teck recovery process for which one? Bench falling or deadlifts?

For deadlifts, i just stopped doing deadlifts for a bit (a week) but continued doing the rest of the other workouts that don't strain the back that much. I recovered pretty fast.

anonomous

Postby rjbman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:46 pm

How do people deal with lifting + no longer fitting in clothes? I'm about ready to ditch my current Unbrandeds, currently only replacement is a pair of mediocre-wash 501s (couldn't find STF at the store I went to).

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby teck » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:01 pm

my huge legs and thights means i never ever wear jeans. even 501s end up kinda tight unless i size up a ridiculous amount. i wear big voluminous pants from cdg/yohji, or i have some desert camo BDU -- military stuff has very generous cuts.

teck

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Spandex blends

thomaspaine

Postby Capt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:21 pm

SL has been great, but I think my knees are starting to give me hell. Are there any stretches that y'all do to help in the general knee area?

Capt

Postby seth83292 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Shoulder workouts are really fun because they make me look huge for a while.

seth83292

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 pm

i forgot to do pushups yesterday. so i broke my four-day streak. =|

i think i've told some of you this but my current boyf is aggressively healthy and fit, and so i became encouraged to do pushups. the first three days of my streak were at his house while he critiqued my form and said "come on, just one more!" and said "this is very enchanting" and "i'm impressed, good job" (jury's out on how much he was lying)

but it was weirdly fun and exhilarating so i got into the habit of doing pushups (just a few wimpy ones) during study breaks. it just felt cool to recognize that my body has some degree of power and strength to it, and i could feel myself settling into the right form and getting a little bit better at it (just a little!) and that feeling of going physically just a bit further than i think i can is so nice.

i used to feel mad self-conscious about working out because i'm super unfit and weak (and so would be too embarrassed to get better), but i think i've gotten over that hurdle and i don't care if i'm comparatively super lame to everyone else, for the most part.

i felt too self-conscious to stop tapping away at my computer in the middle of design studio to do pushups yesterday, though.
i should go to a gym.

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 pm

I rolled out my back on a foam roller this morning and puked

can-

Postby teck » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:31 pm

gonna do my first weight session after hurting my back a few weeks back. ive mainly been doing yoga, swimming etc just to stay limber the last few weeks, and resting a lot. ill go light but im a bit nervous.

teck

Postby sid3000 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:58 pm

add one to the CT injury hitlist.

been out of the gym for about 2 weeks because of knees acting up. Pretty sure it's just a knarly version of runners knee, but Im icing it anyway. Don't think I'll scoff at the older folks halfassing squats anymore, as each day this persists I gain some empathy for the body just falling apart with time.

sid3000

Postby SteevMike » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:17 pm

been annihilating the bench press recently but my squat sucks and i think i have some flexibility issues so i guess i'm gonna start doing Starting Stretching or something

SteevMike

Postby Capt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Steev, you might try out and some yoga every once in awhile. It'll really help you drive your heels to the ground when squatting.

Capt

Postby LegallySmelf » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Teck, Paine, don't give up on the leglock game. Leglock game is all about feeling out positions to keep your feet safe while you fuck his up. And most people suck at it so I destroy legs.

LegallySmelf

Postby anonomous » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:33 pm

I totally agree with you. I've been catching people with leglocks nowadays because they just put their feet out.

Feel absolutely shit because i've been skipping gym+bjj for about a week now because of exams and assignment deadlines.

Capt, check this out http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

anonomous

PreviousNext

Return to Care