[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The first one who cries wins

The first one who cries wins

Off topic

Re: crying thread

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Note: to post a youtube video (picked a random one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8-UKqGZ_hs) type "[youtube ]f8-UKqGZ_hs[/youtube]." (without the space after the first youtube tag)

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

That documentary definitely had me on an emotional rollercoaster

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby prawnzee » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 pm

the opening sequence of Up!
the cute things thread

prawnzee

Postby agvs » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 am

agvs

Postby sparkyoriental » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:05 pm

I cry during books and movies. Soul Asylum's "Misery" and Darwin Deez's "DNA" make me absolutely bawl.

The last personal thing that made me cry was realizing that I will never be able to have children biologically or through adoption due to medical reasons. I have a kind of schizophrenia. For the most part, I am managing it quite well and I now have close to a "normal" life. Biological children aren't a possibility because the medications I take are teratogenic. Schizophrenia is also highly heritable and I have no desire to pass it along. I always just assumed I would be able to adopt, but about a year ago I realized that that wasn't really possible either. Domestic adoption agencies generally don't work with people with mental illnesses, especially if you have been hospitalized for it. International adoption is out because being schizophrenic automatically disqualifies me. Queerness definitely doesn't help, either. I suppose the only possibility is if I end up in a relationship with someone that already has kids or if my partner uses her egg. I was reading online about people with mental illnesses such as bipolar and schizo trying to adopt in the public library and tears started welling up the more frustrated and disappointed stories I read. I eventually started sobbing and ran out of the building back to my house and took a long, hot shower and cuddled in a fuzzy blanket dripping wet until I fell asleep.

I'm still very young and I'm not in a committed relationship so having children has never been a serious consideration, but I love kids and as a young girl I always wanted a large family. I was devastated when I realized, but I've now come to terms with it and it doesn't really bother me anymore. I plan to adopt many animals in the future. (smiling)

sparkyoriental

Postby can- » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:01 pm

can-

Postby can- » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:09 pm

spoiler alert

can-

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 pm

I had a solid cry today. :/

I live in a mid size (about 100k) city. We're one of the most income disparate cities in America for our size. I live in the "nice" part of town, but there are impoverished areas very close to my house. Lots of homeless people in parks, and there's been a couple of deaths from the cold in the homeless population.

Today, after work I was walking from a trendy expensive cafe when a young-ish looking girl approached me, asking for money. She looked healthy, like a normal 16 year old so I was immediately suspicious. She says she hasn't eaten in a couple of days, and if I could spare $5 so she could go to Subway since she just lost her job. We start talking, exchange names and we walk together and I ask her about herself. Her name is Desiree, she's 17, and has been emancipated since she was 16 due to an abusive mother. She's never met her father. She recently lost her job at McDonald's because she couldn't get to work because of unreliable buses. She's looking for a job and is currently bouncing between living with different friends (I have no idea how she knows people who have their own apartments, and I don't ask). I drive her to Taco Bell, Wal-Mart, Chic-fil-a, Wendy's, and Steak 'n' Shake and she drops off applications and she talks to some managers. She was SO determined and she told me she's working on her GED (she dropped out of high school @ 16 to work after she got emancipated and her mom kicked her out), and is planning on starting community college as soon as she can. We get some Subway together, and I awkwardly give her some money afterwards. I drive her to the sketchiest apartment complex I have ever seen, and we part ways. I gave her my phone number as she leaves, and I tell her to call me if she ever needs a ride somewhere because our city's buses are terrible and it costs $2.50 per ride.

I often think about how lucky I am, but I rarely am so acutely reminded of it. :sad:

sparkyoriental

Postby kyung » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:47 pm

"South Korean Park Yang-gon, left, and his North Korean brother Park Yang Soo get emotional as they met during the Separated Family Reunion Meeting at Diamond Mountain resort in North Korea, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014"

"South Korean Kim Sung-yoon, 96, right, meets with her North Korean sister Kim Seok Ryu, 80, during the Separated Family Reunion Meeting at Diamond Mountain resort in North Korea, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014"

As someone who has family and knows many others who have family separated between the two countries this hit hard. My grandma always talks about her sisters and friends that she'd like to see before she passes. It's really hard listening to her knowing that she might never get the chance to do that. I'm happy for these individuals however. It's bittersweet, as these people are most likely never to meet again after this.

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby prawnzee » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 pm

prawnzee

Postby bels » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Found an old video our family cat who died a couple years ago.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 am

Sometimes I get all teary-eyed when people let me into traffic after I've had my blinker on for awhile. Or people holding the door open. Or helping you when you drop stuff. When people are nice, it's the best.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby lostie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:20 am

lostie

Postby can- » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:09 am

my cat chuks (3) has been in emergency care for a couple of days now, he swallowed a string which travels down the intestines like a razor. he's had two surgeries, one to take out the string and another to seal up the incisions made to the intestine because they didn't hold the first time. he made it thru the night and is stabler than yesterday (which the vets didn't really expect), and we are now just waiting on a liver biopsy, because the liver apparently becomes very toxic when dehydrated as much as he was.

I don't think I've ever been this scared in my life. I'm beating myself up for not taking better care of this sweet and innocent creature who has always given me unconditional affection and attention. I feel like I have let him down and I cannot believe now how much I took my time with him for granted. I would give anything just to have another week with him. I'm scared that I have already seen him alive for the last time. i don't know how id live with myself if his brother and best friend had another 15 years to go without him. I find myself praying to god (??) to have him back.

pleases come home chuks. I love you so much. I will give you as much prosciutto and tuna as you want if you will just please come home

can-

Postby bels » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:03 pm

The longer I am around people the closer and closer I get to crying until when I've been consistently social for 6 or 7 days I start crying randomly and it's so weird and stupid.

How am I meant to actually ever live with someone if I need to spend like one or two days of the week on my own?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:17 am

when you hurt someone you love

Stingray Sam

Postby edward » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Happy birthday to my boy Major - he would've been 11 today :'(

I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
edward

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:20 am

I haven't suffered much loss in my life, but one of my favorite things to do is ask friends for songs they've cried to, with no explanation of when or why.

For me that song is New York, New York by Frank Sinatra. My father is one of eight baby-boomer siblings, and the first one to pass away was Harriet, in the fall of 2013. She's a strong personality amongst strong personalities, and she moved to New York some time shortly after college, working in real estate. She married, divorced, and had a child in New York. Her child, Nathan, went to Darla Moore and is now a businessman, the kind with a house in the Hamptons and a wife from Norway, should I mention she's a model? Harriett struggled with lung cancer for the last five years of her life, and my father was very, very close to her during this. In her last stint, my father drove to see her in the hospital several times and took control of all things Harriett wasn't healthy enough to care for. Still, she passed away, and my father again drove to see her funeral. Nathan gave a chokey speech the best he could, and chose the only song to play at her funeral. New York, New York, a song about making it in New York City. And Harriett sure made it in New York City.

Listen in the spoiler.

popcorn

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am

when lcds plays all my friends in shut up and play the hits. I don't cry much at all, but goddamn every time I watch that movie......

harmsalmon

Postby can- » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:54 pm

"If I knew that today would be the last time I’d see you, I would hug you tight and pray the Lord be the keeper of your soul. If I knew that this would be the last time you pass through this door, I’d embrace you, kiss you, and call you back for one more. If I knew that this would be the last time I would hear your voice, I’d take hold of each word to be able to hear it over and over again. If I knew this is the last time I see you, I’d tell you I love you, and would not just assume foolishly you know it already."

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

can-

Postby exprof » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Got teary-eyed when I saw Les Demoiselles D'Avignon. Art has brought me to tears half a dozen times now ._.

exprof

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am

I cry watching 50/50 every time, like seriously just start breaking down and crying. I lost a really good friend and that's the only reason why I figure.

I had some pretty bad anxiety attacks a few months back and I definitely had some serious cries from those. But after looking at things in retrospect it was all due to my lack of sleep from work/school (35 hours a week was a bad idea on my part) and letting everything pile up. I thought it was stupid that lack of sleep could make you lose so much emotional control but it was so true.

JewTurk

Postby ramseames » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:16 am

i went on a first date to 50/50 and we both thought it would be a standard seth rogen movie. more than a little surprised.

for unrelated reasons i didnt see her again.

ramseames

Postby Iliam » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:12 pm

This Mortal Coil's cover of Tim Buckley. Whenever I'm already sad, it gives me that special type of sadness where tears just start flowing. every single time.

Iliam

Postby torukun » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 am

this song, about a cat with a depressed owner

and its sequel

torukun

Postby can- » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:35 pm

tbt

can-

Postby Thomnd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:51 am