[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The first one who cries wins

The first one who cries wins

Off topic

Re: crying thread

Postby charybdis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 am

I was just listening to the most recent episode of This American Life and when and it's six a.m. and I started to cry and cry. I guess it reminded me of my grandfather who died this summer. I sort of associate his death this summer with when things stopped being ideal or perfect and I wonder if I'm not on track of to become someone he could be proud of anymore and, as I'm thinking about it, I realized that if they had never told me he had died, since he lives in China and I see him roughly a year or two I would have gone on thinking that he was still living as if nothing had happened like that one Chinese diver whose parents didn't tell her that her grandfather had died for five years until she won an olympic gold medal. I also wonder where he ended up putting that Hauschka CD I gave him.

Anyway, I'm sort of lying in the darkness and bawling—but quietly because my roommate is sleeping—and I just realized that neither of us bought any boxes of tissues.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:45 pm

oh dwindles

i kind of wonder if maybe this is the kind of thing where you have to reestablish the new ideal/the new perfect to move towards. the worry of "would this person be proud of me" is a scary one but i think you can get to a point where you can answer that question with peace and pride. i feel you're the kind of person who tries to see who you are/where you are clearly and that's the first bit of it, i guess, to moving towards who/where you want to be. how do you feel now?

also i don't know if this is crude to say but there was something very beautiful in how you described that, and delicate, like that sense of circling around and closer to an everyday feeling of familial fondness and sadness. i kind of think things are more beautiful when placed next to mundane things, like crying and wondering about a logistical lack of tissueboxes? anyways

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:59 pm

can-

Postby sknss » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:03 pm

probably my favorite video on youtube

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby can- » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:00 pm

I bawled along with a full theater today during the last scene of '12 years a slave'

was a wonderful experience

can-

Postby purkinje » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:30 pm

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9456327

A beautiful documentary on two disabled kids from Cleveland. I was in tears by the halfway mark.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:04 pm

I hadn't read Perks of Being a Wallflower because it seemed like all the lame kids in high school read it who thought they were punk and edgy and cool so I was like fuck this shit dawg but then the movie came out and I was by myself because I had nobody to see it with I guess and I had to drive a little bit to see it but Emma Watson is gorgeous so it was worth a 20 minute drive or whatever and I bought a 32oz I think or maybe some tall boys but probably both and I chugged one in the car and maybe I bought liquor and mixed it with movie soda I dunno but I got progressively drunker in the theatre and at the end when everything sort of happens I just bawled and then back in my car I drove down near the Everglades and cried for like 15 or 20 minutes and then I felt better.

But yeah, I think some movies just make me ;_;

When I saw Moonrise Kingdom,I may have teared up at how adorable the kids were. Sometimes, depending on my mood, Lost in Translation can get to me but not so much anymore. But once in a while, my favorite thing is to just watch a movie and cry and sob.

SisterRayVU

Postby sknss » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:03 am

good movie but what kind of person listens to pavement in their car and doesn't know david bowie???

sknss

Postby SisterRayVU » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:18 am

To be fair, I really hadn't listened to David Bowie until then and I'm into that shit. Like, I knew a few songs but I wasn't a fan.

SisterRayVU

Postby sknss » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:03 pm

someone recc me a good movie please

sknss

Postby can- » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 pm

frank and the robot got me wellin'

can-

Postby hooplah » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:04 pm

finally watched moonrise kingdom yesterday
i downloaded it as a 4.5gb file which turned out to be totally unnecessary because 1. i couldn't even figure out how to get it to play on my TV, and 2. the film was shot intentionally grainy on film so it's just dumb that i downloaded it in such a high resolution

in any case, it was totally awesome. the little boy is fucking adorable and the scene where they dance on the beach in their underwear and then slow dance and then kiss is the cutest thing ever, i watched it five times

hooplah

Postby hooplah » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:20 pm

wait dude

that was supposed to be in the films thread

why would i even put it in the crying thread

this is an outrage

hooplah

Postby bels » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:57 am

Just say you cried during it.

On the topic of crying, I never do noisy cries I only do silent ones with my face all creased up and tears leaking out. Sometimes I feel like I could really do with a sob but I just don't know how anymore.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:07 am

I wish I still felt able to cry about everything I'm going through but i'm too numb and flat to.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:20 am

Stiff upper lip and all that. Leave crying to these infantile continentals.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:29 am

My eyes don't get moist for anything less than a picture of Diana in the newspaper.

Syeknom

Postby oieoou » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:13 am

The end of Mass Effect 3: Citadel dlc, the score during it is so heart wrenching

oieoou

Postby SteevMike » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:27 am

List of media that has nearly made me cry:
-12 Years A Slave
-The Muppets (2011)

SteevMike

Postby Catfush » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:20 am

I want so badly to just lay in bed and cry right now. But for some reason I am unable to do so and this just makes me more sad :(

Catfush

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Feel you Catfush. Honestly thought drinking would help me get over/reach some catharsis from my emotions, but just ended up with a two-day hangover.

ohnodeadchickens

Postby starfox64 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:07 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby agvs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:06 pm

To get really real 9-11 phone messages from people who knew they were about to die (or even those that didn't know).

I'm embarrassed that Runaway Train by Soul Asylum almost made me tear up in my car. The video showing missing teens was huge when I was young.

The documentary Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father is basically just emotional torture.

agvs

Postby kyung » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:23 am

decided to watch dear zachary just now for the first time and that absolutely wrecked me

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby bels » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:17 am

Think the older I get the more susceptible I am to the weeps. Watched finding nemo and elysium in the plane and both had me welling. Constant Mandela coverage is doing the same

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:20 am

Are Mandela-related-things are almost completely inescapable in south africa right now?

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Only if you open your eyes or can hear sounds

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kyung » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 pm

never fails

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby midvh » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:53 am

After receiving the Nobel prize, Camus sent this letter to his former school teacher:

19 November 1957

Dear Monsieur Germain,

I let the commotion around me these days subside a bit before speaking to you from the bottom of my heart. I have just been given far too great an honour, one I neither sought nor solicited.

But when I heard the news, my first thought, after my mother, was of you. Without you, without the affectionate hand you extended to the small poor child that I was, without your teaching and example, none of all this would have happened.

I don't make too much of this sort of honour. But at least it gives me the opportunity to tell you what you have been and still are for me, and to assure you that your efforts, your work, and the generous heart you put into it still live in one of your little schoolboys who, despite the years, has never stopped being your grateful pupil. I embrace you with all my heart.

Albert Camus

midvh

Postby saniityhd » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:11 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bb2JakOmo[/youtube]

This song just gets me thinking you know. To be honest, I have not cried to it, but fuck this leads me to some deep thoughts.
Soundtrack of a night-walk in the rain.

http://www.grailed.com/users/18-ruben/wardrobe - in desperate need to get these items sold. Bedwin, Stone Island, COS etc
saniityhd

PreviousNext

Return to Care