[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The first one who cries wins

The first one who cries wins

Off topic

The first one who cries wins

Postby can- » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:54 am

things that make you cry.

tears are pain and fear leaving your body at the fastest possible rate

Jim henson's funeral

can-

Re: crying thread

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 am

Ending of Six Feet Under

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby midvh » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Grey's anatomy, over and over again.

midvh

Postby hunnish » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Breaking Bad s5e14 (at least 15 minutes of near-sobbing), Lion King, Children of Men, Blue Valentine

last minutes with oden

hunnish

Postby hooplah » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 pm

agreed, grey's anatomy

christian the lion

asian life insurance commercials or whatever

that one youtube video with the dad who carries/pushes his son with him through the triathlon

pay it forward

up

the lion king ("dad, we gotta go. wake up!")

to kill a mockingbird soundtrack

that one video of radiohead performing karma police at glasto and the crowd drowns out thom at "this is what you get"

literally anything that has to do with parents dying

hachi

ps i love you is one of the worst movies i've ever seen but i was practically vomiting tears

there are way more but i can't remember right now. i cry freely and easily at movies/television/etc

hooplah

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:48 pm

I haven't cried in sadness in years, but I still cry from happiness every now and again.

- The climax of Wreck It Ralph (top 5 movies of the last 5 years right here)

- This Indian movie called 3 Idiots I watched with my roommates

- The first time I believed my girlfriend when she said "I love you"

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:57 pm

bright eyes

dead serious lovers

my relationship with my father unfortunately

Stingray Sam

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Bright Eyes - Perfect Sonnet is my crying song

Syeknom

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:02 pm

it's one of the best, i also love the vanishing act

Stingray Sam

Postby can- » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

can-

Postby aucontrairearto » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Babel (2005), especially the part when Brad Pitt's character makes the call.

This thing off of the soundtrack:

aucontrairearto

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:27 pm

This had me in floods.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby JCM » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm

The scenery in Y Tu Mamá También because it reminds me of how beautiful Mexico is and how much I miss it and how much of my family I haven't seen and the friends I've lost touch with. Great movie if anyone is bored and needs a movie to watch.

JCM

Postby ramseames » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:09 pm

guy at work talked a week ago about losing his son on the job at 18, couldn't hold them back.

ramseames

Postby purkinje » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 pm

The Antlers

sometimes there's nothing to cry about but you just have to cry y'know?

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby charybdis » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 pm

My mother used to be the only person who could make me cry and she used it so now when my grandparents tell me she's mellowed and that I call home I refuse to believe it because I'm scared.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby RycePooding » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:28 am

My youngest brother had brain cancer when he was 6 and I was 11, and while he survived, he is still fairly handicapped from the surgeries and treatments they gave (high dose radiation to the brain + 13 rounds of chemo). I've become pretty involved on campus raising money through an organization for not only pediatric cancer research, but also raising money and putting on events to emotionally support families that are going through exactly what my family went through in 2000-2001. Through that organization I end up spending a lot of time with the kids up on the unit who are going through treatments similar to my brothers, and talking with their parents, and every time I leave the hospital I cry on the drive home, and I'm not really sure why. Maybe its the reflection of my family I see in them, or the unfairness in life that's so obvious when faced with a dying kid. Whatever it is, it's rewarding, hard and I think one of the most meaningful things I do.

RycePooding

Postby freddy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:52 am

ricePooding, I'm myself looking to enroll in a childhood survivorship clinic but I distress bc its on the shitty ass line on the subway and been lazy as fuck, i completel know both of yous. there are programs for family and friends tho for some hospitals, maybe u can passionately bag a chick with similar feels as u as well just sayin'

freddy

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 am

Ryce, that's really tough and I think you're a standup guy. There are things I do in my life that are heart-wrenching too, and when I do them I get a sense of guilt/shame for dedicating so much time to fashion and the various other obsessions I have.

It's good to share your experience with people. My ex had a cancer scare while we were together and for a while it was like being a total alien where I couldn't relate to anyone. Another ex-alien came along and talked to us about how it's going to be, and it was easier after that.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 am

It absolutely leads to some deep introspection, which is very healthy, I reckon. I always feel like an alien when trying to relate to the families/kids, and even though I've been there it's hard to know what to say or do. The hardest part, obviously, is when a kid you've been close to's health deteriorates quickly in front of your eyes and you literally are watching them die. It's so heart-wrenching, that while I'd love to devote my life to something health care/pediatric-cancer related, I absolutely know I couldn't handle it on a day-to-day basis. That makes me cry too.

RycePooding

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:16 pm

That kind of guilt is something I can't fathom. I'm more academic than my siblings, who find learning extremely difficult, and that alone gives me pause for thought on a regular basis.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby freddy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm

You guys are better off embodying of a more emotionally strong stance, than to crumble in front of them. I think the better we all introspect and get over the denial of death, the better we can serve and help others. Take it from someone who picks up on the empathy of others and subsequently faced the confrontations of death as a patient. We're all organic matter anyways, amirite??

freddy

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:50 pm

By the sounds of it, ryce doesn't crumble in front of anyone and neither do i. However I've learned not to listen to people telling me how to feel/act -- I laugh a lot and I cry sometimes too. That's my healthy.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby hooplah » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm

hooplah

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:27 pm

There's nothing that saddens me more than going in to my ecologist for a regular checkup and seein some little girl not 6 years old walking down the hall with her mother in one hand and her IV chemotherapy in the other. Fuck cancer.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby purkinje » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:41 pm

I wish I was a pretty crier

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby hunnish » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:49 pm

hunnish

Postby bels » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Ended up crying in Pret A Manger the other week. Was eating a "Posh cheddar and pickle on artisan" and it just froze in the air whilst I broke down for no obvious reason and the bathroom was fucking occupied so I had nowhere to go. Just stared at the wall and waited it out whilst my companion rubbed my arm and then eventually got annoyed and just gave me some tissues.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cashmir » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:51 pm

cried in a stairwell as work 2 or 3 weeks ago because my living situation was 5 kinds of fucked and half of my parents are 30 min away and couldn't help financially and the other half are in california. Placed a call to my mom on my break on the stairs because that's the only place in the cellar where you can get reception and she didn't know what to do either and ended the call with "hang in there". So I broke down for like 3 minutes, hit the door to the alley (hardwood, it was a mistake), and went back to doing my job, making sure it didn't look obvious because tbh I don't trust anyone at my job enough to see me that way.
Cried again last week because I had to convince my SO that living at my new place (which has very few of the things you'd expect a modern dwelling to have and is also incredibly small, very cold at night and where I'm stuck for the next 9 months) was "going to be ok". If I don't treat it like a vacation I'm fucked, mentally.

Cool that we've got a thread about this, actually.

Cashmir

Postby b4my » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm

The way J Dilla flips a sample of Jadakiss saying "it's that real" until it says "is death real?"

For those who don't know, J Dilla is considered one of the greatest hip-hop producers of all time and died of a rare blood disease at age 33. He composed this album during the last few weeks of his life in a hospital bed with a laptop and a sampler, knowing it would be his last statement to the world.

The last song on the album makes me tear up every time as well.

Maybe it's silly to get so worked up over stuff like this when people in this thread are talking about actual problems but I've been listening to donuts for a week straight now and absolutely breaking down, I don't know what it is.

b4my

Next

Return to Care