[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc pretty green

The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc pretty green

Off topic

The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc pretty green

Postby bels » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:29 pm

A care share for the rest of us.

The main difference between the jiffy share and the care share is that all gifts must fit into an A5 Jiffy Bag. For reference that is a padded envelope apprx 170 x 245mm.

If you can't buy A5 envelopes you can use whatever local equivalent.

The reason for limiting everything to an A5 envelope is to cut down on postage. You cannot opt out of international delivery in the jiffy share! I will strive to match everyone with people who are very far away from them. That's the whole idea.

I am not going to set an upper value limit on the things you send BUT if you want to send diamonds do not expect to get diamonds back. I am hoping this share will be more of a DIY jizz. Cool things you could send and receive:

- Diamonds
- Zines
- USB stick mixtapes
- Drawings
- Pins
- Totes
- Fridge Magnets
- Locks of hair
- Books
- USB stick TADS games
- DVDs
- Book vouchers
- Refresher bars

Here is the form if you want to get in on this

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/148ysSM ... =send_form

I will end registration in one week! Tell your friends who always say "aww shucks I wish I could do the care share but I am in Mcmurdo station and the postage is really high!!" THEY DON'T HAVE AN EXCUSE ANYMORE.

bels
Yung Winona

Re: The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc pretty gree

Postby sknss » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:24 pm

What's the deadline for sending things?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Re: The Jiffy Share NOT care share oi polloi apc adidas sock

Postby jrisk » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:39 pm

i'm am this levels of excited about this share:

jrisk

Postby sknss » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:26 am

Bumpppppp

sknss

Postby bels » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 am

I don't know when the deadline is. Two end after the closing is that enough time to make a zine?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby meatjacket » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:33 pm

really like how much effort you would have to put in to make it all nice and cool

cant just buy a bunch of cool stuff and have a big box to compensate

meatjacket

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:41 am

mc-lunar

Postby can- » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:03 pm

finally i can get rid of all these diamonds

can-

Postby bels » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Many prominent and creative care-taggers have signed up. I can't guarantee that you'll get something cool from one of them if you sign up. But if you DON"T sign up you'll NEVER get anything cool from them. And this is probably your last chance to get anything cool from anyone before the ice caps melt and cool things become incredibly valuable commodities.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:00 pm

i'm ready

sknss

Postby bels » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Sknss said she had 40 people in her care share and I don't have that many. She is cyber bullying me about it on various social media platforms. She says I should "GOML".

Please sign up to the jiffy share so that she stops this campaign of vicious harassment.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby oucho » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:00 pm

I want to do this but I'm not going to fill out a form you huge square

oucho

Postby bels » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:21 pm

How else am i going to organise it oucho

do you want everyone to PM me their details and I have to parse it all? I can't do that I'm too busy. I'm really busy.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:59 pm

you're not busy you lie

ramdomthought

Postby bels » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:05 am

Why does no one think I'm busy? Is it because you all think I'm so depressed all I do is stare at screens?

I'm really busy! Fill the form in! Today is the deadline!

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:36 pm

I like this share so much I filled the form out twice

can-

Postby bels » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:39 pm

len has generously volunteered to send two shares out by filling in the form twice.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Everyone should have their assignments now.

If you haven't I've probably screwed something terrible up.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:08 pm

Is two weeks too short of a ship date? Three weeks? Maybe it should be a month to give people time to make all the shit

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:48 pm

shipping deadline is Dec 28th.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:31 pm

some people are like "A5 envelopes are too small"

I'm not a cop. If you want to use A4 I'm not going to stop you. Just remember the philosophy behind this share.

Anything more than A4 is not acceptable and I will become a cop.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:36 pm

what if i send things that would fit in an a5 envelope but instead i put it in a very large box

ramdomthought

Postby bels » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:20 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:24 am

If you haven't shipped yet things are beginning to look ruff.

Americans who are FREAKING OUT about A5 (A5??????) envelopes please DO NOT freak out. Just find a padded envelope that fits your stuff and send it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:36 am

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1x-lagF ... =send_form

Here's a FORM when you've sent your package please fill out this FORM.

I will COME FOR YOU if you don't fill out this form.

If you are "too cool" for forms I will intercept your jiffy share and get it sent to me myself.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby soko » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:00 pm

Are we posting our care shares? I think I'm the first to receive mine. Blastoise sent me a lot of really cool stuff from Minnesota:
Included in the package:
The Snows of Kilimanjaro (love Hemingway, I've read a bunch of his novels + short stories but never Snows of Kilimanjaro)
4 Daim (delicious)
2 packets of brown rice tea (very yummy)
4 dope pins
1 flash drive of cool music
3 things of embroidery floss (I was looking for a good yellow)
1 Bless bag (for when I need to flex via the ziploc bag containing my sandwich)
1 crazy comic
Thank you!

soko

Postby xinijia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:29 am

LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL STUFF I RECEIVED FROM AUSTRALIA YESTERDAY
Yes indeed my sharer is blanket
eat your hearts out
because I got a flip book

and I managed to get the goshdarned top to spin upside down fun for future drunk party tricks

my favourite colour is bingle bangle
xinijia

Postby bels » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:31 pm

I have 17 responses to my form and 35 jiffy sharers.

One of the responses is from "fuck you bela" who sent a share to "eat a dick", no tracking number tho

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:13 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby blanket » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:19 pm

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/150781935[/vimeo]
pw is raf
suffer through me struggling to flip through a sketchbook

something went wrong and the last section of audio is sodded up so the bit where I said my thank yous very enthusiastically has been Lost To The Void but thank you very much!! i love it!! this package made my day

Contents

blanket

Next

Return to Care