[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Coffee and tea-vee

Coffee and tea-vee

Off topic

Re: Coffee and tea-vee

Postby rjbman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 am

You might want to remember to add "l" to the end of the imgur string (asdfdfj.jpg becomes asdfdfjl.jpg) so that it shrinks it down to a reasonable size.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby oieoou » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Earl Grey on a cold autumn day is a small pleasure in life, buddy of mine makes amazing Chai Tea with Sri Lankan tea leaves. Mmmmmm
Never had starbucks coffee before but I had a cup of black this morning at work. It was not very good.

oieoou

Postby bels » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:23 am

Question for the coffee drinkers, you know sometimes you get talking about local coffee spots and you mention your favourite place and the person you're talking to says something like "Really? I went there last week and I wasn't impressed." I was just wondering when that happens how do you dispose of the body?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Let's get real.

Tea is good. I like tea! Here is a small selection of some of my favourites.

From left to right:

Selection of Cornish black teas - the afternoon one is lovely and the Tinner's is the strongest black tea i've ever had, gnarly

Assam - my default, favourite kind of tea. Black, hearty and invigorating whilst still relaxing.

Rooisbos Christmas Truffel - my girlfriend's not mine, bought this weekend. With cinnamon, almond, orange slices, "pink pepper" (not sure what that is). Smells crazy intense and is reportedly mental nice, but those kinds of infusions aren't my thing. That penguin though!

Sencha - slightly bitter green tea, looks like grass. Gorgeous.

BOH is a company that grows their tea in the cameron highlands of Malaysia - picked this up when visiting (along with some other teas). It's an afternoon tea - black but very floral and soothing. Delicious.

The last tea is a Taiwanese oolong. I'm not very experienced with oolongs but it is delicious - tiny little leaves that burst open into massive green things, quite a clear liquid but with a rich smell and bitter but smooth taste. Gorgeous. smiles and his girlfriend helped us buy this in Hong Kong.

Here are the tea plantations where the BOH is grown:

My girlfriend has her own favourites - a "Belgian" tea (black tea with speculoos) and a chocolatey black tea. She also drinks a lot of infusions.

We also have hoards of other stuff such as white teas, infusions, chai tea (delicious - want some loose leaf of it), etc.

Syeknom

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't know anything about tea, but would love to. I mostly drink licorice, cinnamon or earl grey tea. I rarely add anything like sugar, cold water, milk or stevia to it, though sometimes I might be picky and add some of it.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby Syeknom » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:04 am

Little treat from my brief waltz around London on my way home yesterday. It's a Darjeeling and quite dry but nice flavour.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:02 am

Went to a coffee plantation called beaver creek today. Drank some coffee. Was very nice.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby prawnzee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 am

I think this belongs here

I also drink a lot of coffee. I use my moka pot whenever I have enough money to buy espresso grounds, otherwise I drink the cheapest plain filtered one. been drinking coffee since I was 3.. my dad taught me by dipping cinnamon rolls in coffee and letting me eat them (smiling)

prawnzee

Postby hot coffee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Hollaaaaa great thread by the way xoxo

Visiting my flaxsisters atm. Mother was the one to get me into coffee. Her setup topped out. Mad expensive grinder.

hot coffee

Postby spicedreams » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Not really a fan of coffee (usually too much caffeine for me) but I drink a lot of tea.

I bought this big bag of masala chai loose leaf mix from Adagio Teas and it's pretty good for when I'm getting ready to go in the morning. If I have more time then I do everything from scratch in the traditional Indian way that my mom taught me.

spicedreams

Postby RycePooding » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:34 pm

spicedreams truly does make the best tea.

I drink too much coffee and good coffee is too expensive so I've been drinking shitty coffee but it makes me feel bad so I'm switching back.

RycePooding

Postby okayfruit » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:01 pm

I'm at my parents for the holidays so I can't show you guys my collection, but here's what I've been drinking for the past two weeks.

Yunnan Pu-Erh from I think 2000 or 2001.

okayfruit

Postby Syeknom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh wow, that looks nice. I've never had Pu-Erh could you tell us a bit about it?

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:59 pm

my girlfriend's mother has a phd in tea =_=

I'm a fan of this tea my gf gave my mom, think its Huangshan Maofeng. that area is famous for tea and its quite delicious.

I also like Lapsang Souchong. It's a bit a 'westerner' tea. it's made from the leftovers of the different grades of tea and then smoked. it has a lovely full flavour though. plus it smells like a campfire.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby silvaeri » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:05 pm

i've never been much of tea drinker, always preferred a good cup of coffee in morning.

what would you tea-experts recommend as a introduction to tea / tea for a new tea drinker? i'm interested in seeing what the fuss is about.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby okayfruit » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:33 am

Syeknom I'm not particularly knowledgeable about tea so I'll tell you what the nice lady at the pu-erh museum told my family before we bought this. Pu-erh tea is generally unoxidized green tea leaves that are fermented to cause darkening. It comes in two basic varietys, ripe and raw. I'm not entirely sure about the processing differences but I assume ripened pu-erh tea undergoes extra fermentation steps since it's way darker in color than the raw variety. Pu-erh tea is a bit like wine as it improves in flavor as it ages, so long as it's stored properly. It's supposed to be really good for digestion and can help lower cholesterol and even promote weight loss, but I've been eating Chinese shortbread cookies with my tea so I haven't seen any effects of weight loss so far. It has a pretty distinct and mild taste, so it's probably palatable to even people who aren't that fond of tea. I have this pu-erh with vanilla blend at my apartment that's really good, so I think pu-erh is probably delicious blended with creamy sweet flavors like caramel or chocolate.

okayfruit

Postby bels » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:48 am

This thread is too tea based.

How does the dog/cat person demo break down w/r/t tea/coffee

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:44 am

Dog - Tea

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramseames » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Cats - coffee, usually espresso

ramseames

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:30 pm

dog - black tea extra strong

Stingray Sam

Postby seth83292 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Dog - Strongly Tea

seth83292

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Clear trend here, dog/tea myself as is well documented.

Syeknom

Postby midvh » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 am

Cat – strong, black coffee

midvh

Postby jrisk » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:54 am

Dog - rather weak coffe

jrisk

Postby spahdfgo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 pm

indifferent - tea

I currently drink a tea called Chandernagor by Mariage Frères, black tea with spices, love it. I also went to Sri Lanka where my dad took an awesome pic of two women picking tea leaves and laughing.

spahdfgo

Postby Syeknom » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:21 pm

Sri Lanka is a bit of a dream destination for me - considered it instead of Thailand in Feb.

Used to be a major coffee producer until a disease wiped out most of the plantations, and the British replaced them with tea plantations.

Syeknom

Postby seth83292 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Syeknom, I've been to a tea plantation in Sri Lanka, it was a really really cool experience. The views and it was just the right amount of foggy; it was amazing.

seth83292

Postby lostie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 pm

I love bitter teas (Chinese roasted barley is my favorite) but I can't stomach black coffee. I don't know why.

Also dogs.

lostie

Postby rublev » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm a big coffee drinker. But not as much as i used to. I usually have a flat white these days.

I've got quite into tea lately. I like green and earl grey. Also, mint leaves make some of the best tea. They seem to do tea well in Germany / Belgium etc, with lots of weird spiced flavours... chilli chocolate, liquorice and mint, spiced orange etc. Beautiful flavours!

I brought some of this German winter tea back with me:

It's really nice.

ALSO, you need to have nice cups / mugs.... i'm really into those. I recently got these from a potter in Somerset.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby atom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Just finished: Beans from Peru La Florida roasted Full City at a local shop. It's a bit too dark for me but still pretty tasty. Haven't had tea in awhile but I really like oolongs (esp. w/chrysanthemums) and black teas.

atom

PreviousNext

Return to Care