[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions

Off topic

Re: New Years Resolutions

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:20 pm

New Year New Aesthetic? Guess it's gotta be goth mori peasant lolita now.

Otherwise gotta graduate and get a job. Generally gotta be more content/happy.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby sparkyoriental » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:05 pm

I have way too many.

-Be a kinder person in general. Try to be less negative and more pleasant to people.
-Work out 3x a week (doing well on this so far)
-lose some weight/eat better/cook more
-get back into fashion
-learn jewelry/accessories
-program in my spare time, get better with SQL and databases
-read more

So far, I'm actually doing pretty well with all of them.

sparkyoriental

Postby Bryan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:59 pm

we have a whiteboard in the cellar at work, my new years resolution is to put up a new asap yams quote every week. it's going pretty well except for the fact that somebody keeps erasing it but we have to always remember what Yamborghini has done for us

my only other resolution is to stop the copping of fire jawnz long enough to build a new computer, not going so well fml.

RIP ASAP YAMS

wya
Bryan

Postby Suquida » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Similar to what sparkyoriental said I think my biggest thing I need to work on about myself is to be kinder and more patient with people, which...if you know me, isn't exactly the case. Not even a little bit. I feel like I'm already making strides with that as I've been on Ativan for a little bit now and from what I can tell it's really leveling me out. I guess I've got a year to experiment with that

Also similar to her I've resolved to be competent with at least Java by the end of the year (and hopefully C# too), which I've already started on and it's going pretty well. I've got a good grasp on the fundamentals of object oriented programming etc, gonna get tougher the more in depth I get though obviously, gotta stick with it. Also, certs, Cisco and maybe less useful ones like A+. I'm just trying to make myself really hard for an employer to turn down, trying to fill up my arsenal in all sorts of ways even if they're only tangentially related to biomed.

My big goal once I graduate is to get hired in one of my preferred locations, those options being LA, outside of NYC, or Chicago domestically. There are international options as well but the postings are somewhat rare and go pretty quickly, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility that I could end up somewhere inn Europe or maybe Australia. I think I've got a pretty good chance to be hired immediately after applying as I've completed two internships with the company and they seemed to really like me. It's just a matter of the right posting being up at the right time. I'm just really hoping I don't get a very attractive offer in an area I'd rather not live in, because I'd be sucking it up and taking that job for the time being.

I'd have one relating to girls and relationships but honestly I think my resolution is to continue not caring until I've at least started my career. Can't really predict the future there though, if something happens with that it happens, but I'd prefer to focus on working for as long as I can right now.

I want to get less into clothes and more into cycling since the places I hope to be moving to will be much better for cyclists than where I live right now. A track bike has been at the top of my buy list for a while now, but it's that and a few more tattoos and I'm not sure when I should pull the trigger and on what first.

With that in mind, more tattoos! I found a really good artist up near Atlanta that I see as totally worth driving up to once I decide to pull the trigger on that. Might stick to legs until I find some official statement on company policy, I've seen guys in the lab with tattoos on their forearms but I'd still rather not risk it just in case.

Maybe it's dumb to be this hopeful this early but 2016 is looking like a good year for me, it's hard not to go uphill from last year I suppose

Suquida

Postby beach » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:23 pm

My main one is to be more shameless about the things I like/wear/do. I seem to have acquired a slight inferiority complex about everything, and I'd like to get rid of it. I met up with an old friend over Christmas who has become an artist in the past year, basically. She's really putting herself out there and following her dreamz and shit. I looked at what she was doing and just couldn't imagine myself posting my own artwork or interests or thoughts to Facebook and not feeling embarrassed by it (not that Facebook is a goal in itself, but u kno). Anyway,

1. Give no fucks (see above) and do whatever I want.
2. Lose a little weight and do a little exercise (I already went jogging twice!)
3. Clean my apartment more.
4. Actually do something other than sit on the computer after work. Finish all my languishing hobby projects. Go to more concerts.

beach

Postby Yoder » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:20 am

I haven't really ever done new years resolutions (and don't much believe in them) but since its still january and I'm looking to improve myself/broaden my horizons in a numerically trackable way, i'm planning on reading 50(?) books in 2016.

Mostly will be focusing on nonfiction, but if you have any must read recommendations hmu.

Yoder

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:06 am

get a medical marijuana card

smoke a lot of weed

stop taking opiates

JonjoShelvey

Postby mike868y » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:54 pm

no resolutions, but given i've submitted all my apps for grad school my main goal this year is to get accepted and transition into that phase of life. considering leaving work early to start classes over the summer as well, but we'll see. going to be a major change from where i'm at now, but it's necessary and i'm very excited. outside of that, i want to continue focusing on myself, my goals outside of work/school, etc. i hit a really low point in my life a few years ago and it's been a steady improvement since then, so as long as I can continue the positive rise, that's all that matters, to be honest.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby meatjacket » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:27 am

* stop being so fuckin straight edge, just roll w it
* pierce ears, get tattoos, fuck up my body for years to come
* have fun

meatjacket

Postby plaidappendix » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:32 pm

I'll make it easy for myself and say I will continue to do things that I've already been doing for a while

Read even more

Watch more movies/shows that I like

Do what's within my power to fight climate change/work to make my community more eco-friendly

I tried being vegetarian and it did not work out, but for now I'll at least say cut out as much meat as I can

Learn to sew/tailor

get tatted up

plaidappendix

Postby costanza » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 pm

- stay hydrated
- actually save money
- excercise regularly
- eat less meat

costanza

Postby rjbman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:38 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:03 pm

produce music every day.

get slightly less drunk on weekends.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:44 am

kawp less jawnz. Need to rebuild my savings some.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby sunblam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:25 am

-stop buying underwear that is not white, black, or part of a set
-exercise almost as much as I did two years ago
-read 52 books

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby brlmski » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:48 am

my only resolution is to reconnect with old friends that ive fallen out of touch with

brlmski

Postby Yoder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Full communism

Try #2 at reading more, didn't end up working out last year lol.

Yoder

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Im gonna try and get better at using social media. Posting more

And get better at sf5

BIGBEE

Postby saptapadi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Im gonna try and get better at using social media. Posting less

saptapadi

Postby sonofjacob » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:42 am

[Redacted]

Last edited by sonofjacob on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonofjacob

Postby brlmski » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:51 am

Did I say I only had one resolution? I lied. Second one is to be more open with/about myself

brlmski

Postby meatjacket » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:56 am

im super cool now bc i did my last years stuff. NEW LIST!

* $8000 in savings by the end of the year, no touching it until i absolutely have to or until june 2018 (move out date)
* build a band - teaching a friend of mine guitar and drums
* car should be at least 50% paid off by this time next year
* fly on a plane by myself (or w gf)

i can do this, should be fun

meatjacket

Postby wolflarsen » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:55 am

- Stop giving in to the thinking/feeling chaos in my head via continued meditation, exercise and diet
- Begin reducing my dependence on anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medications
- Develop some basic bushcrafting skills
- Organize, fight back, provide solidarity, donate more and other things along those lines.
- FORGIVE MYSELF FOR ONCE

wolflarsen

Postby parastexis » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:19 pm

follow through on art project ideas

make a commitment any commitment

parastexis

Postby Copeland » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:20 pm

- write
- read
- don't take random two week breaks from the gym

Copeland

Postby ramseames » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:59 pm

ramseames

Postby freddy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 pm

- hang my clothes
- iron my shirts
- enforce good bankroll management for poker
- don't play live poker until I have the roll
- learn how to count cards
- wake up before 12pm
- make use of my instructional strategy poker videos and books
- NO cuffing
- be more assertive
- drink green smoothies on the reg
- meet more ppls
- study for CLEP subject exams

freddy

Postby Spaceman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Loose weight, study harder, write/keep a journal.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby rjbman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:18 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:20 pm

acceptable levain baking
go back to taiwan again
basic proficiency in 한국어
5 year cafe plan/roadmap