[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Technology

Technology

Off topic

Re: Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Postby sknss » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:12 pm

What would be the best platform to share ~30s long videos? I would like them to appear on a white page. Youtube is ugly, vimeo requires me to wait 45min to upload something. Tumblr seems to fit the bill but it also reduces the video quality.

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:40 pm

started using the aviate beta. super nice for android imo

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby swdst » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:32 am

Switched to Ubuntu cold turkey a week ago with limited Linux experience. So far, so good. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Been crackflashing a lot on my HTC One M7 too -- burned through 8 GBs of data with the amount of app downloads in additional to regular use. I love the look of AOSP/GPE ROMs but battery life isn't as good as stock Sense 6.0. M8 port with extreme battery saver makes it a lot more tempting to stick with stock 6.0 with mods through Xposed.

Any thoughts on the OnePlus One?

Personally I think the specs are amazing and the price point is even better. Their promotion to smash your current flagship phone is stupid though. You can make more than the $298 you're getting by selling it online.

swdst

Postby nick » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:55 am

Love the OnePlus One, mostly because the company markets with that typical startup feel - but is a Chinese hardware company, not a web company. Cool stuff. 5.5" is definitely too big for me (hehehe) but I'm still probably going to get one just because I love the feel of plastic hardware and stock Android. My HTC One has been a disappointment, plus the screen is cracked, so hopefully OnePlus lets me destroy it for them.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bels » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm

I hate my nexus4 everytime I use it I think about the life decisions I've made that led me to chose it and try my best to think about them rather than the thing itself which was worth the cost but not much else.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:21 pm

stappard_

Postby Syeknom » Fri May 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Parents bought me a galaxy 3 tablet for my recovery - absurdly generous of them. Will be tremendously helpful especially when my ex takes her laptop with her.

Syeknom

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon May 05, 2014 3:24 pm

i think the icon pack is called minimalco or something

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby can- » Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 am

is ios spotify sucking major dick for anyone else? it's stopped syncing offline, won't let me track synced tracks while I'm offline, all kinds of moody bullshit

can-

Postby ramseames » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:18 pm

New version of android chrome app hid the refresh page button so now I have to hit my menu softkey first. I don't get why they'd do that, it just exposes like 10% more of the page url which especially on mobile/in 2014 is supremely useless

ramseames

Postby bobo77 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Music syncing is always fucked up on my iPhone. I shouldn't have to restore it whenever I want to put on new music.

bobo77

Postby popcorn » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:34 pm

popcorn

Postby rjbman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:29 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bels » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:46 am

No ads is a huge deal in my mind. Impossible to listen to an album when adverts for the royal marines keep coming on

bels
Yung Winona

Postby g2x222 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:08 am

iPhone announcement tomorrow, and hopefully an "iWatch" unveiling.

Getting closer to the announcement event, it seems like a lot of the iPhone rumors are solidifying. Regardless, I'm going to get it, even before knowing specifics.

At this point, I'm more interested in the watch. Any theories?

g2x222

Postby jrisk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm

some of the and it looks like it'll be square/rectangular.

but I can't imagine apple releasing a square watch, especially with motorola just coming out with a round one.

jrisk

Postby jrisk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:13 pm

just bought for my android phone. virtual reality here I come B)

edit: thanks , fixed

jrisk

Postby jrisk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm

jrisk

Postby bueno » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Bought a Moto E after my last phone was taken, really impressed with it for the price. Haven't had any big issues with it yet. Downside is the camera is pretty poor and no front facing one but not huge complaints as I'm not sure how much i'd even use my phone camera if it was good.
My first android phone, any apps you can recommend me?

bueno

Postby bels » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Best Apps:

Google Keep / Evernote
Super Hexagon
Podcast Addict - Maybe not that great but I can't be bothered to research a better podcast app
Impetus
VSCO ben
B-rhymes
LAS-9
Oblique Strategies
twilight
wayward souls
simple pomodoro

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Vsco

Yahoo weather

Google hangouts > regular messaging

Simplenote

Maps.me

ramseames

Postby jrisk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:20 pm

facebook messenger is great stuff - love the chat heads
snapchat will work well with a crappy camera
google opinion rewards (not sure if it'll work in your country) - you can earn google play credit to use for buying apps/movies/etc
reddit is fun is my favorite reddit app
google play music because I have a subscription
I like hangouts for texting
google keyboard if you don't have it
google camera if you don't have it
dropbox - I like to download apks on my computer, throw it in my dropbox, open dropbox on my phone and simply tap the file to download and install.
popcorn time (will have to find and download the .APK for this) - torrent and stream movies and shows
npr one - basically a pandora radio of NPR shows
ES File Explorer - for when I need to dig around and move files/pictures
Chrome Beta for browser (always be getting the latest and greatest)

jrisk

Postby rjbman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Microsoft announced Windows 10 today. Not joking about the name.

Supposedly combines the best of 7 and 8. Release date is late 2015, with a lot more details to be announced early next year.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/30/68686 ... d-official

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:34 pm

was there anything good about windows 8? someone that knows more tell me because I hate windows 8 with all my naive heart

BIGBEE

Postby vgtbls » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Thank god, I can totally skip over Windows 8!

vgtbls

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 pm

windows 8 runs fast as fuck and i never have problems with finding programs and such

thats pretty much all i really ask for from an OS

ramseames

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:38 pm

I just hate the "squares"portion of it, it feels so tacked on and I never use it

BIGBEE

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:43 pm

i only keep a single page of programs there that i use a lot so i never have to scroll it, so its just like the start button. I hit the windows key, click on word or paint or whatever, and it launches very fast.

ramseames

Postby nevergreen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:45 pm

i'm really loving the s5. originally i had an s3 and i thought it was great (tho very buggy as a lot of android phones a couple years were) until the screen died in april or may. my brother upgraded to the 5s so i was able to use his old 4s and not purchase a new phone before the 6 came out. i was very weary of going back to an iphone but i got used to everything fairly quickly although i never stopped missing a physical back button or not having to use itunes GODDD i hate itunes so much it's awful. well like 2 weeks ago the 4s got stuck in a boot loop and the apple store couldn't do anything about it since it was way way past warranty and the 6 wasn't out yet so i wasn't gonna go without a phone for a week and ended up getting the s5. man this thing is SO quick i didn't even realize how slow the 4s was until i started playing with the s5. near instant reaction to most things (tho opening the camera tends to take time i'll probably install google camera thanks to . the camera itself is amazing for the most part though pictures at times seem watered down compared to the iphone especially the 6 which takes gorgeous photos.

i'm using the nova launcher rn and google now has become an important part of my phone that i have widgets again. for texting i think the default app is terrible and i'm not a fan of google hangouts so i use textra which is such an improvement over any other texting app that i've used thus far. the only thing is that for some reason i can't get group chats to work which is annoying... have both settings checked off in the messages setting as well as the textra app but nothing works i've also tried resetting my phone and it didn't do anything so i'm not sure what's up.

but most importantly having removable storage again is sooooo nice and makes everything a lot easier i don't think i could go back to a phone that doesn't have that option.

enough of that tho what does everyone think of the nexus 6? really surprised that google (i guess motorola) went with 5.9" screen since it gets rid of almost everyone who loved the nexus 5, but i read somewhere that the point of the nexus devices is specifically to showcase android and how well it can run so it makes sense that they're making this thing a fuckin beast. i see people hoping for a rehash of the n5 which would be cool and would make a lot of sense

e; on the topic of windows 8 i don't use it on my desktop but i do at work and i don't really have any complaints. it's fast and has no compatibility issues so there's not much more to ask for like said. i do think that a start button is easier than having to go to "home screen" but it's not a huge deal

nevergreen

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:03 pm

I just installed Nova and moonlight theme package on my phone as well as Go Locker, which looks nice, but I'm skeptical of it really being functional at all. Also textra has so far been the best looking and fastest messaging app i've used so far. The default one was terrible and kept thinking that it was swiftkey that was causing the lag, but after switching i realized that it was stock messaging on my phone. I have a LG G3 and am loving it so far. Although my expectations for it were a little too high and I really can't wait until we get to a point in mobile computing where lag while doing day to day functions is non-existent. I was a little concerned about the screen size, but I've honestly found the phone to be more comfortable than my iPhone 4 and probably about the same as my droid razr, which was significantly smaller. The only thing that bothers me is the difficulty of doing an unlock pattern one handed, but GoLocker improved it a little bit. Btw does any one have an alternative to go locker?

Edit: I downloaded cover so I'll se how that works out

Top apps:

Textra

Instagram

VSCO ben

snapchat

Flip board

FX file browser with root module (easily the best i've tried for browsing root accessible files plus it looks good)

Pixel Dungeon

Popcorn time

Reddit is fun

Facebook messenger

Nova + Moonshine

Google play music

Google drive

Stingray Sam

PreviousNext

Return to Care