[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Technology

Technology

Off topic

Re: Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Postby zayg » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 am

copped iphone 6

the wait for shipping is killing me

zayg

Postby yourdad » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:03 am

i was pretty surprised too that the nexus 6 would have a 5.9" screen. i'm glad they stuck a bigger battery in there though. the past two nexus phones haven't been very good with that.

i'm on a nexus 4 and the only complaints i have are the battery and camera. i barely get 3 hours of screen on time before having to change how i use it just so that it won't die before i get home. i've had to resort to keeping a 6600mah battery pack in my backpack for long school days.

planning to pick up the sony z3c once it gets released here in canada at the end of this month. went to the sony store today and the salesperson had a demo for me to play with. felt great in the hand even though it doesn't have the same metal trim like the z3. i'm really excited for the 9-10 hours of screen on time. they didn't have a z3 on hand but they said it'll be roughly the same size as the z2 so i tried playing with that for a little but it was just too big. stopped by the samsung store as well as the apple store to try the note 3 and 6+, and they just cemented my choice in a smaller phone

yourdad

Postby sensodyne » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:21 am

Im pissed, who the fuck wants a 6 inch phone.

sensodyne

Postby bels » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:27 am

I'm also pissed. A six inch phone is bullshit. The only thing that makes me question this is BOBBIN has a huge phone and seems happy with it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:29 am

6 inch phone is hilarious to me. you can buy a device at literally any size now, from like 3-10"

ramseames

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:36 am

I have the g3 and I don't find it a hassle at all except when i'm driving and trying to change music which is honestly a good thing because i shouldn't be doing that in the first place. The screen size is huge but the phone itself feels about as compact as my droid razr when in my pocket. Though honestly I'm not what you would call a power user so it seems like a bit of a waste since I don't watch movies or game much at all. It's nice though and the size has never really been an issue for me

Stingray Sam

Postby stuki » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:53 am

You know who wants 6" phones? Asian people. Market research showed that in Asia (which is like the market for smartphones ATM) they want larger phones because they pretty much do everything on their phone there. But I hate the trend of bigger screens :/ CAN'T THE PEOPLE THINK OF MY FADES

stuki

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:48 pm

If you've ever had the privilege of using a computer with two screens, I'd liken the difference in screen revenue to that.

Smaller phones are fine, but I get way more done. It's a lifestyle choice though - I value a phone I can use all day and produce work on. Above all larger screens = larger batteries and my number 1. pet peeve is charge anxiety. Why have a supercomputer in your pocket if you ration using it to conserve power?

If I didn't have the Note 3 I would buy a small tablet (a la ipad mini) and an all you can eat data plan and never use a phone again. That was the plan last year but I was gifted this phone and it's been great to me.

I never speak on the phone but I use digital services all day long and would value more battery.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby yourdad » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:21 pm

I just realised that you can switch between tabs in Chrome for Android by swiping left or right on the address bar.

yourdad

Postby ramseames » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:14 pm

got a Z3 a few weeks ago

really great. its not absolutely perfect but it has by far the best battery of any phone I've ever had (ie it comfortably lasts more than a day) and being waterproof is just fun. sony stock launcher is balls but i enjoy fucking around with custom ones anyway so no big deal

anyone know if its possible to get SMSs in your hangouts feed on chrome for windows? on android you can toggle between which kind of message you'd like to send the person and it keeps it all in the same feed so the conversation flows. but chrome hangouts just shows the hangouts messages so continuity is lost.

ramseames

Postby jrisk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 am

I mentioned in my rep but I just noticed that they have a new feature since I last tried it. if you download the windows app, you can right-click a file and send to phone right from your desktop/windows explorer or whatever. WHAAAT.

jrisk

Postby australia » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:23 am

Just got Lollipop on my Nexus 5, enjoying the upgrade. Flashlight in the task bar is very handy. Didn't like the Chrome separate tab drawer display so changed back to the in-app display for tabs.

australia

Postby jrisk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:13 pm

… get Chrome beta. Has all the cool stuff including Data Saver. They also just updated so you can pull down on a site to refresh. Thank God, since they hid the reload button under the menu.

jrisk

Postby nevergreen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:56 pm

maybe one day the u.s. will get lollipop for the s5

nevergreen

Postby KLF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:42 am

http://imgur.com/a/aKsLT/all

built a pc this evening

KLF

Postby KLF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm

can't be plain and boring hehe

KLF

Postby nick » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Nice stuff - any advice for cable management? I've probably built at least a half dozen computers at this point (at least!) but I always leave cable nests inside. Whoops

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby KLF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:17 pm

KLF

Postby alby » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:24 pm

Raspberry PI 2 was released today! I'm waiting for them to come to Amazon so I can get free shipping, but I really want to get one now!

The two bumps the ram up to 1G, introduces a quad core 900 MHz processor (with plenty of room to OC past 1 GHz (smiling) and now on an A7 processor rather than the A6. Still has the extened gpio stuff from the B+, 4 usb ports, and a full size HDMI.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby Eve » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:28 am

I need to buy a laptop, what laptop should I get? I don't know anything about them, never had one.

Reasonable prices are appreciated, I was thinking of a macbook but I don't know if there are better ones out there, it'll just be to stay in contact, do projects/planning, easy access to the internet, not gaming or anything.

gov
Eve

Postby meatjacket » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:38 am

iphone broke again and im p much done w them in general. moving on to android but what do i get?

i like a nice/clear screen (doesnt necessarily have to be big but im ok w it) and a good camera.

meatjacket

Postby ramseames » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:19 pm

just got updated to 5.0.2 and now lockscreen widgets are gone

what the fuck ugh

ramseames

Postby can- » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:18 pm

do androids dream of larger leg openings?

can-

Postby rjbman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:21 pm

androids dream of pockets big enough to fit their ipad pro

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby earthonator » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:52 am

help ct
what fone do i get :
requirements :not too big, under 350, and good battery life
options :
moto x 2nd gen
moto g 3rd gen
new nexus 5 coming sept something
?? ??
pls help

also what is with the entire relation between sheep and dreams. what kind of creepy mofo dreams of sheep?

earthonator

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:56 am

Syeknom

Postby brlmski » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:02 am

brlmski

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:01 pm

I've heard the zenfone 2 is good, but the android skin ASUS put on it is terrible, and it comes with a lot of bloatware. I would recommend the OnePlus One, especially if you want a good battery life. I have the 64gb version and I love it. Battery lasts all day, with moderate usage I'll end the day with 20-30% battery, and on if I use it lightly enough I can go two days before having to charge it. However it doesn't have NFC if that's something you care about.

RomanEmpire

Re: Technology

Postby earthonator » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:26 pm

anyone else get the new nexus?
i REALLLY needed a new phone like i couldnt call, the power button was broken, etcetc so i got the nexus 5x , feel like i shoulve gone with the moto g and saved my dad $150 but he was p adament for the nexus whatever

earthonator

Re: Technology

Postby aliencomingin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

aliencomingin

PreviousNext

Return to Care