[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - homes, houses, and abodes n plants

homes, houses, and abodes n plants

Off topic

Re: homes, houses, and abodes

Postby ballast » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:36 pm

first experience being outbid on a place. feels bad. really liked the place too. :(

i can't compete with the investors in this area. kinda hoping interest rates go up to drive some competition out of the market so i can actually buy something.

ballast

Postby sparkyoriental » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:03 pm

I just viewed what is essentially the perfect apartment for me. Perfect location, 2 bedrooms, 1100 sq. feet, hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, huge kitchen, and on the lower-mid end of my budget...... :DDDD Where does everyone look to for interior flintstone? Now that I'm going to be moving out of my college apartment I want to actually live in a nice space.

sparkyoriental

Postby silvaeri » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 am

Just found out my mom bought her childhood dream house yesterday. The farm behind my grandpa's house that she always used to love visiting with her mom has been on the market for a few years now and I guess the owner accepted her rent to own offer until our current house sells and we can buy the farm outright. Really excited for her, she gets to move her and my sister's horses out of a boarding farm and gets to raise chickens like she wanted. It's a gorgeous house and I'm really happy she'll be right next to my grandpa as he gets older.

Peep the pics.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby momjeans » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:40 pm

lil wayne's house

momjeans

Postby ballast » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:12 pm

closed on a new townhome. seeing all that money disappear from my bank account was a huge shock to my system this morning. it finally feels real.

this is the most stressed out i've been in a few years. after closing costs, down payment, i'm going to be pretty cleaned out in terms of savings. on top of that there's the mortgage and furnishing the place i've got to worry about.

going from a comfortable financial safety net to living paycheck to paycheck for a while is terrifying to me. worried i bit off a bit more than i can chew.

also exciting to design a new place, i guess. please recommend me furniture/interior design places so i can admire from afar while i actually buy stuff from the flea market.

ballast

Postby bels » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:11 pm

What colour curtains should I get if my walls are white and my carpet is undecided but grey right now.

This colour??

???

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:35 am

I decided I want blue and white striped curtains

Now Muji deosn't sell a bedside table so what bedside tables should I get to go with my muji bed?

Or should I just fully embrace the MUJLYFE and not have a bedside table?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm so tired of looking at apartments. I've probably viewed 10 over the past couple of weeks. Posted about a great space a while ago but the tenant renewed their lease :(

I'm looking at another place later this week that fits all my (picky) criteria. It has a garage AND a cellar, which is pretty much unheard of for an apartment/townhouse in my area. It's within my budget, but the only caveat is that it's too big for one person and I don't want a roommate. It's about 1900 sqft., which will be expensive to heat and I don't have a great deal of furniture or possessions. I do want to play the drums so a cellar is crucial and the location is great. What to do???

sparkyoriental

Postby Dobwin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:31 pm

I found this amazing Danish teak platform bed at a local consignment shop. Been building up a collection of mid century pieces for my new place. Now I just need new sheets and pillow cases.

I'm hunting around for a wide canvas piece form a local artist to hang above the headboard. I live in BTV and NYC, so should have some good options.

Dobwin

Postby titkitten » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 pm

I am super super happy with my living situation right now. My housemates are the three most awesome people ever. We're living in a new development built especially for graduate students that just finished this summer. We're literally the first people to live in this place. I can take all the baths I want, knowing I am the only person who has ever rubbed a butt on the bottom of the tub. It's unimaginably liberating. The place is a 3-story townhouse with four rooms and three (!!!) bathrooms. As an added bonus, we got lucky and got the actual best townhouse in the whole development, right on the lake. I look out my window and that's all I see -- trees and water.

(This place is in contrast to the place I had last year, which was possibly one of the most depressing places I've ever lived -- and yes, it was worse than sleeping under someone's bed for a year.)

Here are some photos of my favourite place in this dump of a town:

Please note the all-important lollypops on the desk: key for the student lifestyle. (But actually: a classmate and I were in my room working on a presentation when he suddenly asked "do you have any candy? I can't continue" and I was like WELL SIR AS A MATTER OF FACT I AM EXTREMELY PREPARED FOR THE OCCASION so what we've learned here today, kids, is to always have sweets on hand for life's emergencies)

titkitten

Postby Benson » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:23 am

My room is pretty empty in my new apartment. I've been too busy to to look for decorations but I'd love to get some input from you guys on what might look nice in this space.

Benson

Postby bels » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 am

This is probably the most "decorated" corner of my house atm.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:47 pm

meh

pirxthepilot

Postby 106-2 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:48 pm

the lighting was really nice yesterday evening so I took some quick photos (hence the mess) before the sun shifted. Pretty typical teen room, I know, but I'm happy with it

(also wanted to bump this thread)

106-2

Postby ramseames » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:04 am

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/17/bu ... -barf.html

This thread is mostly dead anyways so I figure we could use it for meta-housing discussion as well as pictures of Bela's place and everyone else's microdormstudio.

Does anyone on care tags live in a city with over 1/4 million people, in a first world country, and without some unique problem making it undesirable, that isn't experiencing a "housing crisis"?

ramseames

Postby Syeknom » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:09 am

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sun May 01, 2016 7:26 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ratchetkoala » Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 am

I think you need more plants

and some cats

and a full house reno

don't worry, I got this

:sweg:

full size:

|
ratchetkoala

Postby vgtbls » Mon May 02, 2016 7:47 pm

missing a blanket fort

vgtbls

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:29 am

hostem set up a boutique hotel type thing. looks nice enough but 'curated book selection' bleeeughhh

http://www.33newroad.com/house/

pirxthepilot

Re: homes, houses, and abodes n plants

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:40 pm

house purchase fell through. what can i do to make my current place feel more homely in the interim? tried the muji vaporiser thing but i don't think it's powerful enough. should i get the hostem people to come and curate

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:41 pm

plants

Also, don't buy stuff for your current house if you're about to move to another house surely?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Agreed, don't buy things because moving things sucks

plants and paintings of clowns excepted

ramdomthought

Postby oucho » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:26 pm

you need to be constantly moving round the house from room to room doing intensive DIY that spills out into the rest of the house and is never finished

oucho

Postby ratchetkoala » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:53 pm

|
ratchetkoala

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:50 am

i have a 17 ft drawing by the artist whose work is to feature in that film... (it's actually from the same series).
but would you want your home to look like something out of alien:covenant?
(cue dorm room teens: 'OMG how is this even a question' etc)

pirxthepilot

Postby ratchetkoala » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:41 pm

|
ratchetkoala

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:38 am

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby smiles » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:32 pm

My new place. Some furniture (like the bed) is in another apt right now so It's not completely done. But quite happy. (except I want more plants!)

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby posh_somme » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:08 pm

my girlfriend and i are moving into a place together in a couple of weeks. it's unfurnished so i'm really excited to decorate it all from scratch. we're likely getting the basics from gumtree/ikea/muji but i'm very serious about getting a rug. the ones i like on goodhood are too small or sold out, where can i get nice rugs? i like pastel colours and straights lines, don't think i want any patterns though. maybe something mondrian inspired but not as colourful

also any cool home furnishing recommendations in general would be appreciated. i don't want it to look too minimalist, i'd rather it look homely

posh_somme

PreviousNext

Return to Care