[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - homes, houses, and abodes n plants

homes, houses, and abodes n plants

Off topic

Re: homes, houses, and abodes n plants

Postby bels » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:18 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby titkitten » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:44 pm

despite , i had to move out because of housemate issues. nothing too serious, but i am living in a different house now!

i am so so so thrilled with my room you guys. i'm on the first floor -- the landlord was using it as a library before we moved in. so i have soooo much shelving!! i just wanted to share some pictures because i'm super excited:

i love how the shelving gives me a chance to really display the things that i love to use and own.

titkitten

Postby trichomatic » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:16 pm

newest members of the household

trichomatic

Postby can- » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:05 pm

what's the our legacy version of furniture

can-

Postby costanza » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:55 am

What kind of plants can I get for a north facing room?

costanza

Postby can- » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 am

peperomia, some palms, zz plant, snake, pothos, aglaonema, alocasia, coffee plant, rubber tree, dracena, nerve plant, some philodendrons

pothos, zz, snake are really good plants for beginners in low light situations.

can-

Postby vice » Mon May 29, 2017 4:20 pm

looking for care-tags recommended couches. ikea's offerings were kind of underwhelming and i'm not hip to many other furniture stores.

probably a max of around $750, looking for a fabric couch with that'll seat three. not looking for a sectional or a fold out either.

vice

Postby popcorn » Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 am

i'm subletting from someone in Queens who has a big succulent in the corner of the room; a stray cat named Moji, and a wi-fi network named after the stray cat; and a little tarantula that lives on the bedside table

and now whenever i listen to the song Queen of Cans and Jars (which occurs often) i think of this foster home for less-communicative lifeforms

popcorn

Postby jrisk » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:28 pm

recently got this end table that fits perfectly in the corner of my room. slowly adding plants to it. i was really happy to find the monstera.

jrisk

Postby brlmski » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:39 am

i'm in the process of updating my appliances and am not sure what finish i want. my cabinets are white and the countertop is white/grey. any thoughts on if white or stainless is better?

brlmski

Postby can- » Wed May 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Did we figure out what the norse projects of furniture is yet

can-

Postby costanza » Fri May 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Not a huge fan of SANAA in general but this space seems really amazing.

EDIT: Excuse my laziness. is an architecture office.

EDIT2: I think plants are like good music, you don't need an argument for them. It's just beautiful, it doesn't need any further rationalizations.

costanza

Postby zevolution » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Anyone here sleep on a futon? I feel like I might spring for it in my first room because I like the firmness of the one I'm sleeping on now . . . and because it seems cheaper.

The only worry that I have atm is that it could make any taller pieces of furniture seem out of place. C/t - your thoughts?

zevolution

Postby rjbman » Tue May 14, 2019 1:53 pm

i have an are.na with flintstone here: https://www.are.na/ryan-nope/nesting

will post pics of my place soonish

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bels » Wed May 15, 2019 7:08 am

These are all just "really large rooms" Ryan what's the point.

Anyway, not sure why anyone needs to think about furniture anymore when we have the cheatcodes for interior design. Buy some books, put them wherever, buy some plants, put them wherever. Solved. No one will come over anyway because everyone over the age of 30 is in a long term relationship and locked into the netflix lifestyle (everyone under the age of 30 can't afford a space that they're allowed to customise meaningfully)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed May 15, 2019 9:29 am

Having a lot of plants and books is cute until you go to your other yuppy friend's house and find, as I did last night, that THEY have a bunch of plants and books too, and they are ALSO cooking out of Persiana because they can't be bothered with Jerusalem. Then what? Feel superior because they're playing the new Vampire Weekend through their Sonos whereas you were listening to bespoke sound cloud rappers through your Amazon Echo?

This is not a game you win without spending more than the other guy. Opt out as soon as possible and eat off paper plates. Trust me. I'm trying to work out how to budget for a new kitchen and it's a fate worse than death.

You cannot just buy good second hand architecture off Yahoo.jp

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Wed May 15, 2019 10:11 am

i have a google home setup not echo, and i usually listen to pop punk of the 00s so wont feel too superior. you should try it sometime. being humble.

rjbman

Postby rjbman » Sun May 26, 2019 2:16 pm

my pad

main room

bed room

close up of plant babies

rjbman

Postby thephfactor » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:57 am

moving in this weekend to a room i'm really excited about. nothing special I guess, just a box, but it's got beautiful pristine wood floors. i really want to put energy and creativity into organizing and decorating it, especially as the last couple of places i lived weren't very conducive to decoration or organization. besides this thread, where have you guys been going for (at least semi-practical) flintstone and guidance as you decorate?

thephfactor

Postby jrisk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 am

I'm super lucky that I live in an area with some really awesome flea markets/co-ops where I've found most of my furniture/objects. that's honestly where I get most of my flintstone, since I've kind of been limiting myself to stuff that's used/cheap/local. If you can do it, I recommend not buying stuff/decorations off the internet.

I love the Beams at Home 2 book that someone sent me for a care-share. Tons of awesome ideas in there. I like to use it to find solutions to specific "problems" like shoe storage or like lamp orientation, etc. I also check out Apartment Therapy every so often. I love the . Some of it is extremely ridiculous but it's fun to click around. I also follow a bunch of creative people on IG that aren't necessarily into interior design, but have good taste and it comes through in their working/living spaces.

I find amy sedaris's apartment incredibly inspiring:

jrisk

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:18 pm

i'm a chump so i own the margaret howell houses book

i'm also lucky enough to live in southern california (at least for another couple of weeks...) so regular visits to the case houses and palm springs is always real good.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Benson » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Finally moved into a one bedroom apartment where I don't have plans to up and leave cities in the next year or so. My girlfriend will hopefully live here more too. I've started investing in decent stuff and it's pretty great. I'm liking where the living room is going so far (sorry for the fake plant). Any tips or ideas?

The bedroom and dining room are...not quite there yet so far

Benson

Postby bels » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:55 am

Empty apartments are the best apartments.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jrisk » Thu May 28, 2020 10:09 pm

this is a vintage hassock fan that i bought last year on a whim and I just want to share it because it's so cool. It blows air upwards 360 degrees around. why don't they make fans like this any more?? anyways, it's been a life saver during the past few days of working from home while it's been so hot.

back in the day, they also made some real cool "rocket" shaped ones like this:

these go for quite a bit though and are pretty tough to find. I learned all of this from the guy I bought mine from. He's a fan collector and he was selling a bunch of fans so he could buy the rocket ship one. I wonder if he's been able to get it yet.

jrisk

Postby JewTurk » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:01 pm

New home!

e: renting (ofc)

JewTurk

Postby costanza » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Started learning how to keep plants during quarantine. Started with tomatoes. Was a great way to stay occupied. There is something very rewarding with nourishing life, spiritual even. I felt like an overprotective parent worrying for my little babies when the winds were blowing hard. Nevermind the insta captions. I was scared they would not ripen before I left home to Sweden but the last day I spent abroad I had two ripe ones. Felt like a good way to end living abroad: eating your first tomatoes.

costanza

Postby Benson » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Benson

Previous

Return to Care