[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Merch

Merch

Off topic

Merch

Postby germinal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:35 am

tracked down some ultra cheap pin and patch manufacturers on alibaba with lower minimums so we can probably get more made for less risk / maximise profit and line our pockets.

This thread is for sharing merch ideas / mockups without getting distracted by how terrible bela's life is like we do on LINE :sweg:

Current contenders:

CBNC4U medusa
Waving raf
Jim lambie stripes
Holographic heck face that really revolves
"I PLAYED THE ERIC LAMPTON ARG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY PATCH"

Ryan told me that the market for infinite jest references is really blooming so maybe we should look into that?

Picture of kanye west "BRIAN PETER GEORGE ST JOHN LE BAPTISTE DE LA SALLE ENO"

KNITTING CIRCLE picture of a flaming skull with worms coming out the eye sockets

germinal
Garminlad

Re: Merch

Postby bels » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:55 am

Think we need to answer some questions like:

Are these patches to be sold in forum (open a thread, sell to members) or out of forum (bigcartel or w/e)

If we are selling in forum then waving raf/jim lambie stripes (internal references) are probably good wins.

If we are opening a big cartel then infinite jest references and CBNC4U are stronger (can be appreciated by all).

I personally think CBNC4U medusa is the best idea.

I also think big cartel is a good idea but I got ryan to make a thing and I didn't do shit with it yet so maybe I'm an asshole.

Here are some ideas I just thought of
PEAK TIMES PEAK DISTRICT
(Picture of a mountain with lightning going through it)

POST SKATE WON'T SAVE THE WORLD (pin, sans serif font)

LACANIAN DETRIMENTALIST (pin, serifed font)

SOME PEOPLE MAKE ORRERYS (patch with picture of the solar system)

JOURNAL OF CARE MEMES CONTRIBUTOR (pin, serifed font, italics)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 am

Good ideas all

I think out of forum in a bigcartel but maybe with a forum discount

Having an official storefront will make it less likely to look like a money laundering operation in the eyes of paypal

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:51 am

ONLY DRUM AND BASS CAN DISMANTLE THE BRITISH CLASS SYSTEM
(Picture of bass bin)

(oucho credit)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:37 am

tote bag that says:

There are no more grails to obtain. All I have in common with the redditors and /fa/, the igents and the Jarvis teens, all the clothing I have bought and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. I still, though, hold on to one single bleak truth: no wardrobe is complete, nothing can be improved. Yet I am blameless. Each model of human consumption must be assumed to have some validity. Is clothing something you wear? Or is it something you buy? My need to cop is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better aesthetic for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this—and I have countless times, in just about every no cop I’ve broken—and coming face-to-face with these truths, there is no catharsis. I gain no deeper knowledge about myself, no new understanding can be extracted from my purchases. There has been no reason for me to buy any of this. This collection has meant nothing….”

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:05 am

Top 3 fav ideas:

- CBNC4U Medusa
- POST SKATE WONT SAVE THE WORLD (because i'm too lazy to look into tees)
- Lambie Stripes

Regarding storefront:
Bigcraterlel has a free option, you get 5 product listings but only 1 pic per listing. Additionally, can't use a custom domain name (so no shop.care-tags.org). It's $9 otherwise. We could do an Etsy store maybe?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby germinal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:20 am

I'm sure between us we can scrape together $9

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:24 am

9$ a year? a motnh? a day? a second?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:19 am

per month

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby blanket » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 am

some of the pin sellers also do pins with dangly things so "Holographic heck face that really revolves" is actually a possible option :heck:

etsy store seems like a decent option - it doesn't look great but it's easy to set up discount codes for care friends :->

blanket

Postby bels » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:56 am

A BATHING APE (supreme font) (patch/sticker)

bels
Yung Winona

corporate getaway merchandise 2016 (spring break edition)

Postby exprof » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:03 pm

hi everyone, hope you're all well! this thread is about 2016 care-tags merch.

i am thinking... tote bags! i have access to a screen printing studio >(smiling) so i can print them all.

i have two main ideas:

1) we do a tote bag with the best fits on the forum (i'll fit the best 12 fits or something...)
2) we do a faces of care-tags bag (if you buy a bag, i'll put your face on it model...)

(hi !!!)

also (maybe) i was also thinking of doing a run of patches based on some caretagsisms to ~ customize ~ your bag.

~ let me know what u guys think ~

exprof

Re: corporate getaway merchandise 2016 (spring break edition

Postby germinal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:47 am

We were talking about making some merch in the cabal last week. It was meant to be a surprise for y'all but it came to nothing (maybe?) as we lack iniative and know-how. I merged those posts into this thread for the wider public's perusal.i really want to make some merch!

germinal
Garminlad

Re: corporate getaway merchandise 2016 (spring break edition

Postby bels » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:45 am

Patch like

ROLLER
(picture of roller blades)
BLADES

bels
Yung Winona

Postby vgtbls » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:46 pm

a patch or pin that's a watering can that says CARE on it

vgtbls

Postby oucho » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:10 pm

An interactive t-shirt that allows random members of the public to 'plus' or 'neg' rep you, depending on whether they like you therefore transferring the care-tags philosophy to the real world.

A collection of clothing that allows 8 care-taggers to stand together behind another care-tagger at a care-meet. When all 8 care-taggers stand together the clothes blend into the ultimate fit pic background, whatever that may be. A pencil drawing of a nude, reposing bela?

A t-shirt with a casual tie printed on it.

oucho

Postby oucho » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:18 am

'Clothing is for dads' patch

oucho

Postby meatjacket » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:49 am

(small white button, lovely blue text) "NAME?"

patch of the highest repped pic in belly thread

meatjacket

Postby parastexis » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:44 pm

a jacket made of antique disintegrating fabric. it gets dust on other clothes when hung next to them, forcing you to read their care tags and clean them.

parastexis

Postby bels » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:58 pm

WHEN I DIE I'M GOING TO HEAVEN
(picture of the m25 orbital)
BECAUSE I'VE ALREADY BEEN TO HELL

(patch)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:10 pm

along the lines of groucho's proposal, a t shirt with the phrase "casual tie" printed on it vertically in the shape of a tie

e: or a huge tie-shaped pin

harmsalmon

Postby bels » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:53 am

Can someone who knows where we'll get these things made post the specifications or the dimensions or whatever the images need to be to get them made into pins/patches? Then some care designers can make some care mock ups

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:30 am

i'd like an album of "MMMMMMMMMMMMM"-ing popular theme tunes from show

we can label it

"now that's what i call too polite to say you're wrong"

maj

Postby CMYK » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:24 pm

A post 3 years in the making shouts out to for never giving up

CMYK