Blades and Bristles

Off topic

Blades and Bristles

Postby ptozzi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:59 pm

Wet shaving thread.

I began wet shaving when I got a DE razor for Christmas. I've found Gilette silver blue blades to be a personal favorite, but they're pretty expensive compared to other blades. I use a synthetic omega brush and face-lather with a La Toja shave stick, not a fan of bowls/mugs.

Tell me about what soaps/blades razors you all use and enjoy. Horror stories of wet shaving for the first time are also welcome and encouraged.

ptozzi

Re: Blades and Bristles

Postby wintyd0n0 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:13 pm

I use an Edwin Jaeger razor with Gilette Silver Blue at the moment, I have a lot more blades to sample though.

wintyd0n0

Postby sid3000 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Cool thread Ive been doin this for about 6 years, it's a nice zen. I use an Edwin Jager DE; Astra blades have been my favorite out of everything Ive sampled. Once you find your best blade you can buy a lifetime supply on ebay for like <$20. I splurged on a Simpsons Colonel brush a while ago and it has paid off nicely. I restored a couple vintage brushes too, you can buy new badger hairs and glue them right in after you refinish the handle. Soap-wise: Cella cream is my fav and mitchells wool fat if I feel like going through all the work it requires to get going.

sid3000

Postby bels » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:09 pm

I use a feather popular with feather blades.

It's taking me like three years to get through my Taylor's of bond Street shaving cream though and I don't even think it's all that.

Somerset's shaving oil is very based though. Either under normal cream or in its own. Excellent travel gear

bels
Yung Winona

Return to Care